Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator 6 (film) - The coolest/best thing I've ever heard Schwarzenegger say

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I take it that LH and JC have buried the hatchet...
    Linda and I have a great relationship. We've stayed friends through the thick and thin of it all. And she is the mother of my eldest daughter. [They were married from 1997 to 1999.] So I called her up, and I said: 'Look, we could rest on our laurels. It's ours to lose, in a sense. We created this thing several decades ago. But, here's what can be really cool. You can come back and show everybody how it's done.' Because in my mind, it hasn't been done a whole lot since the way she did it back in '91.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1708...rminator-movie
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    So this will be the third time they've tried to get the franchise back together again?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    So this will be the third time they've tried to get the franchise back together again?
    There's never been a "try" for Cameron? He made no.1, he made no.2 and now he's making his no.3...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm fine with ignoring shitty (or sub-par) sequels.

I would love to see Neill Blomkamp's sequel to Aliens, for example. Snuffing out Hicks and Newt in the opening credits of Alien 3 (with body doubles and a couple of scrappy pictures) blew goats. Alien 3 is still a pretty good flick (it is David Fincher, after all), but it was a slap in the face to fans of the previous film in some ways.

If you can have tangential plot lines in other forms of media, why not in cinema as well?

Frankly, considering how dodgy T3, Salvation, and Genisys were, it's a relief that the new flick is ignoring them ... whether the new one will be a third failed reboot of the franchise or not remains to be seen (hopefully it'll work this time!). That all said, I think the ending of T2 was perfect - the humans won - the nuclear war was averted. It was done and dusted. It's part of the reason why T3 was so insulting, sweeping aside the established facts like "yeah, nah, ignore what we just said and also ignore the established level of resiliance of the T-800s for good measure" ... pfft.

And no, that doesn't go against what I said elsewhere in this post. T3 was a direct sequel to T2 and completely buggered up the established story and tech through poor writing and lack of attention to detail (plus some truly shit ideas). A tangential sequel to Aliens would be like an alternative timeline ... where's Doc Brown? I need him to draw me a diagram.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 30-Sep-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Ireland
    Never bothered me in the slightest that they killed off Newt and Hicks. In fact, it made Ripley a stronger character. FFS people die. I've never understood all the fanboi whinging about that. Fucking stupid.

Plus, Alien Blomkamp would have been rubbish. The guy's got one note in him. I'm glad after the studio say how crap 'Chappie' was that they jettisoned the idea. His first effort was good. But, his subsequent films have been poor.

Unfortunately, they didn't do the same with Ridley's nonsense and now he's ruined 'Alien' in any case.

I wish hollywood would just leave good things alone.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    There's never been a "try" for Cameron? He made no.1, he made no.2 and now he's making his no.3...
    I don't think Cameron will be as involved as people seem to think.
    He's probably up to his ears in Avatar.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Plus, Alien Blomkamp would have been rubbish. The guy's got one note in him. I'm glad after the studio say how crap 'Chappie' was that they jettisoned the idea. His first effort was good. But, his subsequent films have been poor.
    Eh? I thought Chappie was quite good. Indebted to the likes of Robocop and Short Circuit, sure, but damn good fun. I've seen it a couple of times. District 9 was excellent. Shame about Elysium - despite a few flashes of 'insane movie violence', it took itself far too seriously and was ridiculously preachy at times, not to mention rather plot holey (the rich folk in space have a whole host of these machines lying around in storage, are constantly having to defend against rogue poor folks trying to get at their medical marvel machines ... erm, why not send some to Earth? and so on).

Administrator

England
    I don't think Cameron will be as involved as people seem to think.
    He's probably up to his ears in Avatar.
    As long as he's involved with the story, that's one huge tick for me...
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    As long as he's involved with the story, that's one huge tick for me...
    I don't think he cares about story anymore. But I'm willing to be surprised, even though I think this franchise should be retired.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Eh? I thought Chappie was quite good. Indebted to the likes of Robocop and Short Circuit, sure, but damn good fun. I've seen it a couple of times. District 9 was excellent. Shame about Elysium - despite a few flashes of 'insane movie violence', it took itself far too seriously and was ridiculously preachy at times, not to mention rather plot holey (the rich folk in space have a whole host of these machines lying around in storage, are constantly having to defend against rogue poor folks trying to get at their medical marvel machines ... erm, why not send some to Earth? and so on).
    'Chappie' didn't do much for me at all Mini. 'Elysium' was a shame, as you put it, despite good ideas (and just WTF was Jodie Foster doing?). I agree, 'District 9' was very good and I think that Blomkamp has shot his bolt with that. But, Blomkamp is a director that has a distinct feel. The type of which brings him down, because it's too distinctive. I just don't think his proposed Alien thingy would have been any use in the end.

Besides, I VERY much dislike the idea of subtracting 'Alien 3' from the series, which I think is a very good picture and the fitting end to Ripley's story. Ripley is dead. Hicks is dead. Newt is dead. Alien fans need to deal with it. Although, I don't think many people will disagree with pretending that 'Alien Resurrection' never happened.

But, Alien, as a film series isn't dead. It just needs to get away from Ripley. She had her time. It's a big universe, with lots of stories.

Unfortunately though, we have Scott who seems determined to destroy the franchise all by himself with his piss poor explanations for things that don't need explanations. So, it's probably doomed anyway.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Rising

United States
    I don't think he cares about story anymore. But I'm willing to be surprised, even though I think this franchise should be retired.
    It should have been "retired" after the second film. In fact, I don't recognize any of the Terminator films after that one. They never happened, as far as I am concerned. The story was over and done with by the second film. Period.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    It should have been "retired" after the second film. In fact, I don't recognize any of the Terminator films after that one. They never happened, as far as I am concerned. The story was over and done with by the second film. Period.
    Definetly. But I can't really blame them for trying to make a third film. However, the fourth film was really unnecessary and Genisys was just boring.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The same body double used for the young Arnold in the last film is returning, and here you can see the new John Connor. Looks like this will feature time travel to the past again....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    The same body double used for the young Arnold in the last film is returning, and here you can see the new John Connor. Looks like this will feature time travel to the past again....

No! My fingers are still crossed with this one if Cameron is involved! It will be good!
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There have been a few new tidbits about the Cameron-involved sequel coming out recently....

First, this graphic was shown recently at CinemaCon. Of course the picture of Sarah is from T2, but the interesting part is the title reveal. Of course, it could be changed before release, but as of now the title is simply “Terminator”. What is going on with this recent trend of giving sequels/reboots the same title as the original?!? Dropping “The” from the title does not make it any different, folks.

Gabriel Luna has been cast as one of the Terminators. I’m not familiar with the actor(he’s Ghost Rider on Marvel’s Agents of Shield), and he doesn’t look like a terminator to me, but I suppose he could be a T1000 like Robert Patrick.

I’m not going to post the pictures as to which character it is, but it appears there might be human/terminator hybrids again, as the character has surgical scarring over their entire body. It could be something else of course, but the photos give the appearance of surgically implanted robotics. So with this and the “young terminator” body double returning, meaning time travel to previous films is possible, it’s seeming like they could possibly be recycling ideas from previous sequels?? I would think that Cameron and all those involved would want to avoid these similarities...

- - - Updated - - -

The real Sarah is back!