Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings hit!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Another drop. Big one this time 12.2m

http://deadline.com/2015/10/walking-...lb-1201588539/
    Interesting. I suppose with viewing figures they're going to jump about quite a bit - particularly if there's a sporting event/series that's going on which is garnering a lot of interest. However, if the sports season isn't shaping up to much then people will go elsewhere (as has happened in the past with TWD winning out over sports). I also wonder if there's more folks watching it at later times on DVR, but again this too will shift a lot.

I still think that perhaps having FTWD smack bang ahead of TWD S6 perhaps sated the zombie appetite a smidge. It made sense to link them up for FTWD's sake, but perhaps it had a slight knock-on effect for TWD? I wonder if the mid-season premiere will be stronger after a full-on no-walkers drought.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Interesting. I suppose with viewing figures they're going to jump about quite a bit - particularly if there's a sporting event/series that's going on which is garnering a lot of interest. However, if the sports season isn't shaping up to much then people will go elsewhere (as has happened in the past with TWD winning out over sports). I also wonder if there's more folks watching it at later times on DVR, but again this too will shift a lot.

I still think that perhaps having FTWD smack bang ahead of TWD S6 perhaps sated the zombie appetite a smidge. It made sense to link them up for FTWD's sake, but perhaps it had a slight knock-on effect for TWD? I wonder if the mid-season premiere will be stronger after a full-on no-walkers drought.
    I think your right. We're normally gagging for it by the time the premiere comes around.
    I'm not sure how the advertisers are interpreting the results these days. The only numbers that have any meaning to me are the live audience and the 18 - 49 demo. I always fast forward recordings so i've always presumed everyone else does too. NO adverts get watched therefore no revenue
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    I think your right. We're normally gagging for it by the time the premiere comes around.
    I'm not sure how the advertisers are interpreting the results these days. The only numbers that have any meaning to me are the live audience and the 18 - 49 demo. I always fast forward recordings so i've always presumed everyone else does too. NO adverts get watched therefore no revenue
    Perhaps, although the worth of advertising is open to debate anyway. I always fast forward through advert breaks - but even spinning by at 30x I can tell what's being sold (partly because the flippin' things have been on so sodding often - like that car advert that's never off the telly here, with the kid who gets a toy gorilla and has that song from the Jungle Book in it ... if anything I now despise that car being sold because the advert, which was initially cute, is now incredibly annoying). Even at speed I know what the items are - and I'm not interested in any of them ... and if I do catch sight of something that might be of interest, I do rewind and play (usually a movie trailer, an announcement of a DVD/BR release that's relevant to my interests, or more often it's actually a thing to let you know that a show on that channel is starting again, so not strictly an advert in the sense we're talking about here).

Television advertising is a very scattergun approach. You're getting a wide audience, potentiall, sure ... but the products you're boosting will not be of interest to a large amount of people, too. You can tweak things to the particular slot and programme, but even still...

England

MY HOME CINEMA

England

MY HOME CINEMA

England

MY HOME CINEMA

England

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    ^ So seems to be levelling out a bit?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^ So seems to be levelling out a bit?
    Yep. 13m seems to be the core live audience.
    Still huge.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Yep. 13m seems to be the core live audience.
    Still huge.
    What do you think is the core audience in total, including DVR/Time Shift Viewing?

England
    Up again 13.22m

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...s-nov-22-2015/

DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS BELOW ON THAT LINK.

Some wanker thought it funny to post spoliers for the mid-season finale
    Last edited by kidgloves; 24-Nov-2015 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Hg

MY HOME CINEMA

England

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    13.74m for ep9. Looks like its peaked.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...s-feb-14-2016/

MY HOME CINEMA

England

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    And that's just the first showing, right? What does it tend to add up to with repeat viewings and DVR recordings?