Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Hunters

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Ghost Hunters

Ghost Hunters is a such a great show. Especially when you put it side by side with "Most Haunted".

Anybody see the first episode of Season 3 when they were at the whore-house in Tombstone? Talk about cool!

capncnut
    I haven't got around to viewing this yet. Unfortunately Most Haunted has pretty much put me off ghost hunting programmes so I don't know. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Administrator

England
    Most Haunted has recently done me in... So I'm all up for trying something else, if it's more genuine... Is it on in the UK?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ghost Hunters is VERY genuine. A good portion of the episodes (between 65-80% of them) have nothing really happen. Yet it's still interesting to see the team interact and whatnot. They all have great personalities and are a good bunch to see working together redardless whether something happens or not.

Highly recommended.

They also do NOT consider orbs a sign of spiritual activity, like most ratings-hungry ghost shows will. A very big plus, in my book.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Most Haunted has recently done me in... So I'm all up for trying something else, if it's more genuine... Is it on in the UK?
    Neil, I have heard from many people on chat that Ghost Hunters is vastly superior to Most Haunted and that when 'things' happen, it's unfakable and genuine. I'm gonna investigate too.

Administrator

England
    Well, "Ghosthunters" is on one of our channels here, but I don't think it's your Ghosthunters... Is it? It's in England!?

http://www.onthebox.com/partner/otb/...ers&criteria=1
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    Neil, I have heard from many people on chat that Ghost Hunters is vastly superior to Most Haunted and that when 'things' happen, it's unfakable and genuine. I'm gonna investigate too.
    Umm, I wouldn't count your chickens on the events in these shows being unfakable or genuine. I've watched both shows actually, and they just seem like ratings grabbers with no real substance. I mean, it can be fun to watch on a dark stormy night with the lights off and your girl sitting next to you on the sofa, but as a serious show? I can't take it that way. I don't buy it. Of course, it's hard to get me to buy into anything in the first place, so...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Well, "Ghosthunters" is on one of our channels here, but I don't think it's your Ghosthunters... Is it? It's in England!?

http://www.onthebox.com/partner/otb/...ers&criteria=1
    No, these guys are based in New England and don't leave the states.

http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/ is their website. They have video clips on there for people to enjoy.

PS - Pay no attention to Lou, I don't think this show's faked at all. Because, like I said, there are a LOT of episodes in which nothing happens and they debunk tons of things that most people would jump at and say "that was a ghost!".

United States
    they seem a bit to fake and staged for me

now House on the other hand..

Administrator

England
    Some of those look fake to me... That's possibly even MORE suspect than Most Haunted

This video... Come on! http://the-atlantic-paranormal-socie.../Flyby.mpg.wmv

And the one with the mirror - LMFAO - They're just moving left and right and keeping the mirror centralised... FFS!

Sorry, those video's have instantly put me off it! They look so fake!
    Last edited by Neil; 02-Nov-2006 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    I don't know about you guys but that link 'aint workin' for me.

Administrator

England
    I don't know about you guys but that link 'aint workin' for me.
    Don't work for me either now... Suspect their server is configured so you have to go via their actual website to view the clips...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    PS - Pay no attention to Lou, I don't think this show's faked at all. Because, like I said, there are a LOT of episodes in which nothing happens and they debunk tons of things that most people would jump at and say "that was a ghost!".
    Why, because I call the show out for what it is? A ratings grabber with no substance?

C'mon man, how many times have you been in a place that was supposedly "haunted" and nothing happened. Nothing jumps off the walls, no doors slam, nothing.. but when you have cameras and a TV show on the line, all kinds of things happen (even if it's not in "every show" as stated).

Get real, these shows are FAR from real. They're just "entertainment" - like the rest of what's on tv. That's all. My wife is a HUGE ghost-hunting fan, she even does it herself, and even she admits the TV shows are full of it.

Just out of curiosity, do you think "reality shows" on TV actually depict "reality"?
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 03-Nov-2006 at 01:01 PM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you think "reality shows" on TV actually depict "reality"?
    No because the situations they are put in are staged.

United States
    No because the situations they are put in are staged.
    and you don't think the Ghost Hunters shows are staged? If they went to places and nothing ever happened on any of the shows, the show would never get ratings and as a consequence, would get cancelled - so they HAVE to make sure something happens once in a while, even if it's not a true event.

I mean, feel free to believe, I just don't buy it. I can't see how anyone could. I've been in TONS of places that are "supposedly" haunted - never saw a lick of anything that proved to me ghosts exist.