Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New "? of the Dead" Info here..

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

New "? of the Dead" Info here..

Hey everyone, I attended Zombie's take Charlotte and it was awesome. Part of the event was a one on one with GAR where he took questions from about 50 people. And it started with.. a 5 minute behind the scenes look at "? of the Dead". That was the title on the clap board in the preview btw.. I didn't make it up.

I'm sorry to report I failed and my camera was out of power so I didn't get it filmed. I did however, get the whole Q&A on recorded on my phone.

Some neat things we learned.

• George wanted Savini to do a cameo one off super cool effect but Canadian film board got in the way.
    • ? of the Dead will finally touch upon what happens with animals
    • I saw more zombies in the 5 min behind the scenes than all of Diary
    • There is a cool feasting scene
    • It was sub-zero when they filmed it and it caused issues with the effect. But the zombies were troopers.

That's just a taste. As soon as I find some hosting, I'll get the audio from the event online. Hopefully the Light Factory will get something online quickly as well.

ViP

United States
    Cool man, keep us posted and thanks!

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

United States
    Well guess what. . .I had a camera!! It'll be on in a sec once I'm finished trimming it. For more stuff from the event look here.

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ad.php?t=13154

Oh, and an interesting tidbit. George said he addresses the issue of animals in this movie. Maybe a zombie animal in this one?

Ok here it is. Came out kinda crappy and dark, it tilts a bit halfway through (I was trying to hide the camera just in case, and you can hear my sis coughing a bit. Sorry.. best I could do. Enjoy

Last edited by clanglee; 23-Feb-2009 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Awesome. I was so pissed when I went to record it. I bought both one of our HD cameras and my Zoom H4 audio record to make sure I grabbed it. Both were dead by then.

That will teach me to film myself as an infected person in my hotel room while drunk the night before. I must have left both of them on.

United States
    Very cool guys. Thanks for posting!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSiN View Post
    Awesome. I was so pissed when I went to record it. I bought both one of our HD cameras and my Zoom H4 audio record to make sure I grabbed it. Both were dead by then.

That will teach me to film myself as an infected person in my hotel room while drunk the night before. I must have left both of them on.
    Nah, no problem at all. So was the party fun?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    Kick arse vid there Clang ... about this movie - colour me very interested.

Can't wait for a proper trailer too.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Looking good, I'm getting really quite excited about this.

One thing, though.I'm not nuts about the idea of involving animals (either as zombie chow or as zombies themselves) - I always thought that a) if zombies ate animals we'd have seen it by now, b) if animals became zombies upon death we'd definitely have seen it by now and c) if any animal can become zombified then there's simply no hope of escape, it's all over.

That said, I'm sure Romero will have thought this through so I guess I'll just have to sit tight and see how they deal with it in the movie.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    nice vid, thanks for posting it.

is it me or did the interview segments, esp. the one with the dude playing a zombie, seem completely sycophantic?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Very, very promising. Thanks for posting it. By the way, did anyone notice the Carpenter "They Live" tracks?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Looking good, I'm getting really quite excited about this.

One thing, though.I'm not nuts about the idea of involving animals (either as zombie chow or as zombies themselves) - I always thought that a) if zombies ate animals we'd have seen it by now, b) if animals became zombies upon death we'd definitely have seen it by now and c) if any animal can become zombified then there's simply no hope of escape, it's all over.

That said, I'm sure Romero will have thought this through so I guess I'll just have to sit tight and see how they deal with it in the movie.
    That says it for me as well. The idea of zombies eating animals...well...it just sorta flies in the face of what the movies (and the zombies themselves) have been ABOUT up until now (at least to me anyway)

The idea of animals BECOMING zombies, while a scary concept in & of itself, once again, doesn't seem to "fit" in the "GAR-verse" to me...honestly it smacks of "Resident Evil".

Hopefully, it addresses the issue as in: the zombies totally ignore cattle & go for the humans. But given the rumblings we've heard, I'm a bit leery. We'll see...

Super Moderator

UK
    Well we don't know what context it'll be in - for all we know a zombie will bite a dog and nothing will happen.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSiN View Post
    [*]? of the Dead will finally touch upon what happens with animals

Please let's not see:-
    1) Zombie animals.
    2) The living-dead the slightest bit interested in animals. Apart from a mouse in NOLTD, they've never been interested in animals. They want just human flash. Let's keep it that way, and not get gimmicky!

The fact it's been talked about means we're probably going to enter gimmick land now
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well the original LAND script called for Zombie Rats, but it was cut out for budget reasons. So I dunno. I for one would be interested in seeing a take on the subject.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*