Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's get retro!

capncnut

Let's get retro!

Does anyone remember the videogame 'Zombi' by UbiSoft? It was released on the Commodore Amiga eons ago and was the only true 'Dawn' videogame. The whole thing was centred around getting from the ground floor of the mall to the helipad on the roof without dying. If my mind serves me correctly, there was a shooting range on the ice rink and a biker attack kicked in around halfway through. The game rocked!

As for retro gaming, can anyone name any of the arcade machines that are played in the original 'Dawn'? Some of the game titles are not shown on-screen and it would be interesting to see if anyone remembers them. I know they may be sucky now but they we're phenomenal back in the golden days!

United States
    I have no clue what they were called, but it looked like they were having loads of fun playing them

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

United States
    As for retro gaming, can anyone name any of the arcade machines that are played in the original 'Dawn'?

i remember all the games but not the names, especially the space one, the one that looked like you're shooting the landspeeder from star wars
    Last edited by creepntom; 08-Oct-2006 at 12:09 AM.

United States
    I believe there was one where you and the computer or another player were cowboys shooting at each other on opposite sides of the screen and sometimes there was a wagon or cactus in the middle that you blew apart.

I don't think it had the same name in the arcade, but I believe the Atari 2600 version was called, Outlaw.

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

Andorra
    Yes, the game was very cool. It also appeared in the ZX Spectrum.

On the games that appear on Dawn, there was a page that mentioned them and told its name (I don't remember it) and told that it can be played in the MAME emulator. At least the shooting cowboys game.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by pavello View Post

On the games that appear on Dawn, there was a page that mentioned them and told its name (I don't remember it) and told that it can be played in the MAME emulator. At least the shooting cowboys game.
    I think that page about the games is on Norman Englund's page:

The Zombie Farm

If you haven't checked out his page, you should!

I don't time to search it now, but I think there is something on there that talks about the games in Dawn.
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Haiti
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    I believe there was one where you and the computer or another player were cowboys shooting at each other on opposite sides of the screen and sometimes there was a wagon or cactus in the middle that you blew apart.

I don't think it had the same name in the arcade, but I believe the Atari 2600 version was called, Outlaw.

Dawg
    I think that cowboy game was called "Boot Hill". I remember that racing car game that Rodger plays; it was crap, even by the standards of the day.
    The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.
    Marquis De Sade.

Australia
    The game with the mounted gun is called 'Gang Busters'. There was a local annual fair type thing here that had that and the racing game right up until the early 90's.

And yeah, I remember 'Zombi' but I only ever played the C64 version - and it was pretty lacking.
    Last edited by Griff; 11-Oct-2006 at 11:04 PM.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Just moved the post to this forum since it is games related. A link remains in the Dead discussion forum.

Thanks

United States
    I know the space one was Star Trek.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakobsa View Post
    I remember that racing car game that Rodger plays; it was crap, even by the standards of the day.
    The racing game was called "F-1"
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'd like to see some screens of that Dawn game. I never even knew about that... even with all the websites I've looked at that have "every zombie video game" listed.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pavello View Post
    Check this out: http://zxspectrum.cjb.net/play/highnoon

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think my dad had that dawn one cus he was a proper computer nerd, beard, glasses, slightly overwieght, the works, name a game from the 80's and he had it, except manic miner, he didnt like games with satanic undertones

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i think my dad had that dawn one cus he was a proper computer nerd, beard, glasses, slightly overwieght, the works, name a game from the 80's and he had it...
    Sounds like any bod from my year in school.