Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Of The Comet

capncnut

Night Of The Comet

In the mid eighties I saw a movie called 'Night Of The Comet' where a comet lands on Earth and turns the people into crazies. I remember liking it as a kid and often wonder if it still holds up now as I've never seen it since. Has it been released on dvd?

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    In the mid eighties I saw a movie called 'Night Of The Comet' where a comet lands on Earth and turns the people into crazies. I remember liking it as a kid and often wonder if it still holds up now as I've never seen it since. Has it been released on dvd?
    Yes, I own it, found it at Walmart. Probably in the bargin bin. Look for it, but you'll have to dig. I saw several on EBay too, but the price is always inflated.

M_

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    now thats an oldy!, jesus i aint heard nor seen anything about that film in't time!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Yes, I own it, found it at Walmart. Probably in the bargin bin. Look for it, but you'll have to dig. I saw several on EBay too, but the price is always inflated.

M_

This movie has never been released on DVD so I am not sure how you can own it especially from WALMART.

I have a sister who works at WALMART and she works in the electronics department and keeps an eye out for mo onthese things and she has never seen it.

I think you may possibly be mistaken.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by GRMonLI View Post
    This movie has never been released on DVD so I am not sure how you can own it especially from WALMART.

I have a sister who works at WALMART and she works in the electronics department and keeps an eye out for mo onthese things and she has never seen it.

I think you may possibly be mistaken.
    You are correct. This movie hasn't ever been released to DVD (except bootleg crap) due to rights.

I got the original VHS off eBay for like $4 a couple years ago.

Yes, the movie does still hold up even after 22 years.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    You are correct. This movie hasn't ever been released to DVD (except bootleg crap) due to rights.

I got the original VHS off eBay for like $4 a couple years ago.

Yes, the movie does still hold up even after 22 years.
    I have had the VHS for years and love it.

I do see some bootleg versions on eBay so my apologies to Marie, it is available there but I do not think it would ever be in WALMART.

I did buy a version of "DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK" that turned out to be bootleg that is not too bad but I hate buying them bootleg.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by GRMonLI View Post

I did buy a version of "DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK" that turned out to be bootleg that is not too bad but I hate buying them bootleg.
    wasnt that a sorta horror show for kids in the early 90's on one of those channels like nickelodeon?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    wasnt that a sorta horror show for kids in the early 90's on one of those channels like nickelodeon?
    It was but I am talking about the 1970's movie of the week one with Kim Darby and the house with the little gnome like creatures that are haunting her.

Check it out on IMDB.com

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    That was Are You Afaid Of The Dark?; a great show.

Haiti
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    Was that the one where you had to be inside something metallic to survive? Was one of the kids that survived in a cinema projection booth?

I saw it on telly years ago, it was ok. Cheesy, but ok.
    BTW, CapnSpaulding, is your avatar John Holmes?
    The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.
    Marquis De Sade.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakobsa View Post
    Yup. Johnny Wadd, Mr 12 himself. Thanks for the info on NOTC guys, looks like I'm gonna have to track this sucker down on VHS!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    That was Are You Afaid Of The Dark?; a great show.
    thats the one!, i loved that when i was little.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakobsa View Post
    Was that the one where you had to be inside something metallic to survive? Was one of the kids that survived in a cinema projection booth?

I saw it on telly years ago, it was ok. Cheesy, but ok.

I LOVE this movie, right up there with 'Night of the Creeps'!

How it goes, is this particular comet was last by Earth several million years ago when the dinosaurs suddenly went extinct... hmmm...

It doesn't actually 'land' on Earth, since that would probably mean the Earth would be destroyed.

Anywoo, if you are directly exposed to the comet and its 'dust' (watching it from outside), your skin starts to feel weird and basically by morning, you are reduced to a pile of dust yourself. If you are not directly exposed, you start to decay slowly and become crazed, sort of like the 'zombies' in 28 Days Later.

Instead of eating brains or guts, you just become a psycho and want to kill people, but you are not out of control like those in 28 Days Later.

If you are enclosed in a metal box or something to that effect, projection booth, semi-cab sleeper, metal shed, etc, you are fine... but then you are left with an empty world with some crazies running around.

As long as you outlast them though, they all become dust as well and then its free nachos for everyone!!! YEAH!!!

BTW- Love the cheerleader with the uzi, oh yeah!

Dawg
    Last edited by Dawg; 17-Oct-2006 at 11:42 PM.

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    Love the cheerleader with the uzi, oh yeah!
    I totally remember that. She'd get it!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post

BTW- Love the cheerleader with the uzi, oh yeah!

Dawg
    That would be Kelli Maroney . She was smokin' in that movie . If you remember, Robert Beltran, good ole Commander Chakotay from ST: Voyager, was in the movie as well .

I was very happy to get a really good region free DVD copy of this movie off of eBay. Plays great on my portable as well as my regular DVD players.