Thread: Aussie series - 'Prisoner: Cell Block H'

Administrator

England

Aussie series - 'Prisoner: Cell Block H'

Jesus! It ran for nearly 700 episodes! That's VERY impressive given its scope/scale...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States

They showed that in America over 20 yrs ago.....

I loved watching it!

Is it on DVD yet?

capncnut
    I am a big fan of the show and I wish they would release season box sets. I got the triple disc 'greatest hits' so to speak, but it doesn't really show you the best the series had to offer (apart from the gripping finale: "Fer-gu-son! Fer-gu-son!".

In Aussieland there's a fortnightly magazine dedicated to the show which has a free DVD with three episodes on. It's been going since like 2004 or something and it still ain't finished.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Oh god. That series is so awful! Haha, It used to air on real late television around here. Haha. It's so cheesy it's... I don't know.

England
    fighting over who's "top dog"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    never heard of it before. i looked it up at tv.com and man does it sound corny and melodramatic. soap operas =
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut

England
    This always used to be on when I rolled in to my mums house all stoned and stuff (dead late, after midnight), I loved the wobly sets and Bea Smith threatening to throw folks onto her press or "bash" them if they didn't acknowledge that she was "top dog"

Loads of Aussie soap stars were in it, Alf "flamin' 'ell" Stewart from Home and Away, Harold Bishop from Nieghbours etc. Great stuff! It was part of the Aussie soap invasion that took place in the late eighties.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 01-Jun-2008 at 01:05 AM.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon