Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zombieland TV series

Administrator

England

Zombieland TV series

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/zomb...n/#more-411937

Zombieland writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are onboard for the series as writers/executive producers, as is the movie’s producer Gavin Polone, who would executive produce. Sony TV, Reese, Wernick and Polone previously set up a Zombieland comedy series project at Fox last season.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Perhaps it'll get sponsored by Twinkies...

Administrator

England
    Little bit more news in this AICN interview - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61671

The most exciting thing is that we are currently working on a ZOMBIELAND television pilot for amazon.com and we will be able to talk more about that soon. We aren't supposed to talk too much about it right now but the idea is to get a ZOMBIELAND television series going. That's the focus of our efforts here which couldn't be more thrilling to us. ZOMBIELAND is something we envisioned originally as a TV show so to return after so many years and to turn it into a TV pilot is a dream come true.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I can't see this working as a TV show. It was grand as a film, but ONLY because of funny turns by Woody and Bill.

The zombies were crap.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I can't see this working as a TV show. It was grand as a film, but ONLY because of funny turns by Woody and Bill.

The zombies were crap.
    It was originally developed as a tv show then converted into a movie. It has every chance of working.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Fresh Meat

Australia
    Great thats what the zombie genre needs after walking dead got undead somewhere near acceptable and hope for better HORROR with Zombies -but after WWZ we can all laugh as they perform circus tricks as well.

Administrator

England

Seriously the film was total garbage and this will be nothing more than a cheap cash in on TWD's success.

why america? FUCKING WHY?

Super Moderator

UK
    I actually really enjoyed the movie - even if, as a zombie movie, it's not that much cop - but I'm quite sceptical of this online TV pilot thing being capable of capturing the essence of why the film worked.

It does taste a tad sour in the zombie fan mouth in a way - The Walking Dead has done so much to redress the balance away from shithouse junk like Yawn04, or decent-but-light-on-zombie-genre-understanding-or-respect film/tv, or generic flicks that just toss zombies into the mix for no real reason other than some muppet will end up buying it just because it's got zombies in it ... I don't want the balance to slip back again.

Who knows - it might end up being really fun - but to be honest I'm just not that interested. I kinda feel that Zombieland came and went, and did what it did rather well (even if its tackling of zombies was generally more 'Treehouse of Horror' than anything else), and I quite enjoyed the film ... but yeah ... I'm just all rather lukewarm to this entire idea.

Super Moderator

United States
    I had a great time with the movie and could sit down and watch it again right now, or any other time I happen upon it being aired.

That said, I'm not too into the TV idea. I think I'd rather the zomedies be hedged back a bit and a higher bar set for them, as opposed to encouraging more of them in the mainstream by way of a tv show that is more likely to be uneven to lower in quality (based on TV's general batting average).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    It was originally developed as a tv show then converted into a movie. It has every chance of working.
    Well, just because it started off as a TV idea doesn't mean it'll work. As I said, the only reason the film was ok (and just ok), was because of Woody Harrelson and Bill Murray. To be honest, without them, it would have been pretty crap.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Great Britain

Oh dear........ so maybe it's World War Z then for our zombie fix this year then

Artcle and cast can be seen here.... http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/2...oster-revealed
    Last edited by paranoid101; 30-Mar-2013 at 12:49 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post

Oh dear........ so maybe it's World War Z then for our zombie fix this year then

Artcle and cast can be seen here.... http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/2...oster-revealed
    Photoshopped, much?

And poorly, at that. I'm not photoshopper ... but that's rather sloppy ... and actually not at all enticing. Kinda surprised there isn't an undead hand thrusting out of the ground, or clawing at the viewer in any way.

Dying

United States
    Replacing the cast was unnecessary. They could have even kept these four people, have them playing different characters in the same universe, and make META jokes about them being knock-offs of the original cast.

Instead of the dude being Tallahassee, the show would call him Talladega, basically referencing the movie without maintaining the same characters. So that eventually, it could lead to cameos from the original people from the film.

Administrator

England
    Hmmm! Some bits Other bits
    -Carl Sagan