Thread: Romero's Zombie Autopsies

Scotland

Question Romero's Zombie Autopsies

Does anyone have any up to date info on Romero's adaptation of the Zombie Autopsies ?
    According to the ZA website it appears to still be in production.
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 13-Mar-2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: after thought

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Last I heard, which was around January this year, Romero was working on a draft of the script based on the novel, and he is also developing another one of his own zombie movies with Eddie McClintock from Bones and Warehouse 13. I think it will be another couple of months before we hear anything more on either of these projects.

I kinda wish he'd do something non-zombie for a change, but The Zombie Autopsies does sound interesting.

Scotland
    Yes it would be interesting to see him move outside of the zombie apocalypse theme again. Personally I liked the original Crazies (even the remake) and Season of the Witch, but the thought of Survival of the Dead being his last Zombie flick isn't that appealing to me. It has to be his worst effort to date, that being said, it's not as dire as The Horde.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto Vivente View Post
    Yes it would be interesting to see him move outside of the zombie apocalypse theme again. Personally I liked the original Crazies (even the remake) and Season of the Witch, but the thought of Survival of the Dead being his last Zombie flick isn't that appealing to me. It has to be his worst effort to date, that being said, it's not as dire as The Horde.
    Indeed! I would even like to see Romero make a return to the Creepshow franchise. It's not really a "zombie movie" per se, but it would allow him to use his zombie credentials while trying something a bit different. If I had twenty or thirty million dollars kicking around and the capacity to produce a major motion picture, the first thing I'd do would be to get King and Romero back together on a true Creepshow III, have Romero direct the wraparound and one segment, and get some other well-loved but down-on-their-luck horror directors - I'm thinking John Carpenter, Tobe Hooper, John Landis - to direct a segment each (on the cheap, cos they need the work), stick all their names on the poster, and release it the week before Halloween. Like a sort of horror Expendables.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Indeed! I would even like to see Romero make a return to the Creepshow franchise. It's not really a "zombie movie" per se, but it would allow him to use his zombie credentials while trying something a bit different. If I had twenty or thirty million dollars kicking around and the capacity to produce a major motion picture, the first thing I'd do would be to get King and Romero back together on a true Creepshow III, have Romero direct the wraparound and one segment, and get some other well-loved but down-on-their-luck horror directors - I'm thinking John Carpenter, Tobe Hooper, John Landis - to direct a segment each (on the cheap, cos they need the work), stick all their names on the poster, and release it the week before Halloween. Like a sort of horror Expendables.
    A great marketing idea and no doubt it would be beneficial to all especially the audience, at least there would be a strong possibility of some decent writing. Romero has definitely been boxed into the zombie apocalypse genre. In a way it's not surprising considering he invented the whole apocalypse angle, and then there's the commercial success of Dawn of the Dead. For Christ sake though it was 1978 or something. I maybe wrong but it seems to reveal that even independent movie producers etc haven't been willing to take any risks in quite some time. I liked 28 days later (not a zombie movie) but even the writer said a lot of the concepts were taken from Day of the Dead. Some original thought provoking horror flicks of any sort would be a welcome relief, maybe they are out there and I haven't made the effort to wade through the dross ?

I've noticed that The Dead has been praised on a few posts on HPotD but as yet I haven't seen it. I hope it's at least reasonable as the mass proliferation of Zombie flicks in the past decade is beating the genre to death with a cash in baseball bat. I'm not one to judge a movie purely on the trailer but Zone 261 looks crap. Using tools okay, maybe, but organised offensive groups, come on. As Rhodes said "They're f**cking dead !!"
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 14-Mar-2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: after thought