Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3D Star Wars next year

Administrator

England

3D Star Wars next year

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-...ate-23481.html

Just release the ORIGINAL FILMS, without your MAD F***ING ADDITIONS LUCAS!!!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Let's hope these will be the final nail in the coffin for post conversion 3D. Even with all the technology at Lucas' greedy little hands, I just don't see this turning out okay. After the fact 3D never does.

Although I enjoy the prequels for what they are, do they really think people will be lining up to see them in 3D? I admit i'm interested to see how the original trilogy turns out because they're so old, but the prequels just don't seem worth the time or money, imo. But....i'm not a hard core SW fan that buys everything they throw my way....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    this is delicious timing considering all my local cinemas sent out emails to regulars on the card lists today saying 'we are removing 3d cameras from our cinemas because they are not financially viable any longer so films will only be available in traditional 2d high definition format'.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I'll watch them on my 3DS.

Dying

United States
    Ewoks were annoying enough in the original format, why in the hell would I want to feel like they're closer to me?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchified View Post
    Ewoks were annoying enough in the original format, why in the hell would I want to feel like they're closer to me?
    I actually really like the (real) third film! However, I REALLY DO NOT LIKE the stupid Jabba's palace scene changes, or the changes to the last 2 mins of the film... Aweful! The ending now just sort of fizzles out instead of ending on a high!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-...ate-23481.html

Just release the ORIGINAL FILMS, without your MAD F***ING ADDITIONS LUCAS!!!!!
    AGREED!

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    this is delicious timing considering all my local cinemas sent out emails to regulars on the card lists today saying 'we are removing 3d cameras from our cinemas because they are not financially viable any longer so films will only be available in traditional 2d high definition format'.
    Which chain of cinemas is this?

I go to a Cineworld, and the damn thing is chock-full of films in 2D and 3D, so you've got one film using twice the damn space, because of 3-fucking-D. Ruddy piss take, so it is.

Let's see, what 3D films have I seen?

Avatar - the event movie of 2009, and a nice "ooh, look, 3D" experience.
    Jackass 3D - half of it wasn't even shot in 3D, so it was in pure gimmick mode ... there was no 2D viewing option.
    Tron: Legacy - because of the superbly cool look of the Tron world, and a lack of 'layering', the 3D was barely noticeable 99% of the time.
    Drive Angry 3D - again, no 2D viewing option, and at least it was shot in 3D ... but again, it's just a gimmicky use of the tech, and even though I was enjoying myself, I was sat there with a very specific pondering of "what on earth is the point in this 3D malarky?"

So that's four movies in 3D I've seen since (and including) Avatar, and it's gotten boring. Oh, I did watch a few snippets of Piranha 3D with anaglyph 3D on blu-ray, and not only did it not work, but it gave me a headache, and any 'layering' was so piss-weak it was entirely pointless. I wonder if the stereoscopic version in cinemas was as pointless and 2D...

In short, post-conversion Star Wars 3D can sod off.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I actually really like the (real) third film! However, I REALLY DO NOT LIKE the stupid Jabba's palace scene changes, or the changes to the last 2 mins of the film... Aweful! The ending now just sort of fizzles out instead of ending on a high!
    On the bright side, Jar Jar will appear close enough to punch.

I don't see him having any trouble converting the prequels to 3-D, they was all digitally filmed to begin with, right?

Between the constant re-tweaking of his movies, and the lackluster toy commercial that is the cgi Clone Wars, Lucas isn't getting my money anymore.

Anybody wanna go in with me and write the next Star Wars-esque blockbuster series? I'll bring the beer, plus Kurazowa and old Flash Gordon DVDs for 'inspiration". You bring the SFX software.

Betcha we can write better dialogue...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Anybody wanna go in with me and write the next Star Wars-esque blockbuster series? I'll bring the beer, plus Kurazowa and old Flash Gordon DVDs for 'inspiration". You bring the SFX software.

Betcha we can write better dialogue...
    To be fair, mentally handicapped squirrels that have been sniffing paint fumes can write better dialogue than the second half of Episode III.

United States
    I'm actually looking forward to this. I want to see the original 3 films on the big screen despite, it being the Special Editions.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    On the bright side, Jar Jar will appear close enough to punch.
    Ha! Troo dat.

Actually, I'd have to see at least four and five. But since I'm going to have to wait for them, I'll probably see the others just for heck of it. But who is not going to want to see how well they do Empire? The Hoth battle and all the other fight scenes? I'm at least seeing that, but I'm pretty easy. Maybe he'll use some of that money to finally make 7-9.

United States
    ^^^^^^^^^

NO! LEAVE THE FRANCHISE ALONE NOW!

No episodes 7-9!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    my grans opinion "what? thats stupid, why not do it with something that would use it to effect like jurassic park?" gotta say i agree jurassic park would be rad in 3d.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    NO! LEAVE THE FRANCHISE ALONE NOW!

No episodes 7-9!
    Muwahahahahahahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    my grans opinion "what? thats stupid, why not do it with something that would use it to effect like jurassic park?" gotta say i agree jurassic park would be rad in 3d.
    I wish they'd 3D up some good older concerts. Something better than Bieber, please. The Grateful Dead Movie, Zappa, or some Phish...
    On the Duran Duran Live in London dvd, one of the songs is in 3D. Pretty dang sweeet.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Muwahahahahahahaha.

I wish they'd 3D up some good older concerts. Something better than Bieber, please. The Grateful Dead Movie, Zappa, or some Phish...
    On the Duran Duran Live in London dvd, one of the songs is in 3D. Pretty dang sweeet.
    Dude, AC/DC in 3D would be fantastic.
    The only film I've seen in 3D was Monsters v Aliens, and only because the kids wanted to see it in 3D. It was ok, but I find the whole 3D thing very gimmicky. Especially over here in the UK, with pubs showing football in 3D and shit. No way I'm standing in a bar with 3D glasses on, my vision gets blurry enough.
    Kill 'em All