Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Knight Rider series...

Administrator

England

New Knight Rider series...

Wasn't it on in the US a couple of days ago? Well? Any good?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Ain't watched it yet...will pimp comments when I finally get around to it.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I watched about 15 minutes of it and then changed the channel, if that tells you anything.

It was pretty boring and mostly a long commercial for Ford...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I watched about 15 minutes of it and then changed the channel, if that tells you anything.

It was pretty boring and mostly a long commercial for Ford...
    15mins doesn't seem a 'fair chance?'
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    15mins doesn't seem a 'fair chance?'
    It was more than fair. I was really bored. I would rather watch Dr. Phil than that again.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Was there ANY fan interest in reviving this show anyway?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    It was more than fair. I was really bored. I would rather watch Dr. Phil than that again.
    Oh dear!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm not saying you won't like it. It might be interesting to some, but it just wasn't my cup of tea...

Just a mustang zooming around sounding like a cyborg Val Kilmer....

Super Moderator

UK
    I might have a flick through later, but if you want a major franchise in new funky TV form, got watch the Sarah Connor Chronicles, it's actually pretty nifty. The sixth episode was set in in the future world and was placed around the events that led to Kyle Reese's sending back in time (the actual direct events are off screen though), and the Summer-Glau-minator being sent back too.

It's a bit iffy here and there, but it blows T3 out of the water.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I might have a flick through later, but if you want a major franchise in new funky TV form, got watch the Sarah Connor Chronicles, it's actually pretty nifty. The sixth episode was set in in the future world and was placed around the events that led to Kyle Reese's sending back in time (the actual direct events are off screen though), and the Summer-Glau-minator being sent back too.

It's a bit iffy here and there, but it blows T3 out of the water.
    It's starting on UK TV tonight, so I'll start recording/watching it
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Started on Virgin 1 last night.

The first couple of episodes are a bit ropey here and there, like they're getting into the swing of things, but it settles into a rhythm after that.

Undisclosed
    I thought the knight rider pilot was not horrible. It kept my attention and made me laugh a few times. Whether it was supposed to or not...

The end had a cameo of Michael himself...and he wasn't drunk and eating...so I guess rehab is working out for him. I like the show and Tivo'd it in HD...I would agree about the Ford commercial...everthing in the show was ford...except for a few parts of the original Kitt. Give it a watch and give it more than 15 minutes...I know that it is time you will never get back...but think about this...so is the time spent watching Land or Day 08.

Undisclosed
    Knight Rider was terrible. And you would think that after NBC ruined Bionic Woman, they would have maybe tried to make this better.

Whereas, Sarah Connor Chronicles has started to become quite interesting and engaging! NBC should have watched that and figured out how to make something good.

And BTW, Jeff Dashenaw, the stunt coordinator behind Death Proof did the vehicle work on Knight Rider and it managed to be really dull! And it's not like you can't have good action on TV - 24, Prison Break, Terminator - they all manage to do it.

My thought is that they crapped this 2 hour show out pretty fast - most likely, the production team had no lead up. Too bad - there was chance there.

And the ratings, of course, did okay. So regardless of the crap reviews, it may have a shot at a series.

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i just don't see my self getting into this one. i tried and well i was like blah, whatever didn't really do much for me.

the original knightrider - hell yes. even though that is not a show that i watch much anymore, i was the perfect age when it was first on to go nuts about it and i loved it as a kid. i'd rather remember knightrider that way.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

United States
    I've heard bad...BAD things and will not be giving this tv show its 'fair chance'.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany