Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I met Bub....

Undisclosed

I met Bub....

I met Howard Sherman today....
    and along with discussing an interview for D-C.com, he signed my facial appliance made from his body cast back when they filmed day...this is a custom piece that was made, painted and sent to me by a friend who worked as an instructor at Tom Savini's school, it 's been the "headpiece" of my memorabilia for years ... now I have the crowning jewel for it, Howards autograph!!
    Check it out:

and a close up:

Click Here to read the close up.
    Last edited by DeadCentral; 14-Oct-2006 at 09:01 PM.
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    now that kicks ten shades of ass!

but did you ask him what he thinks of the remake?

Undisclosed
    ...I did... I'll answer that question tomorrow after I spend a lil time with the man, he'll be at the con til 6 pm, and so will I ...It was as awesome as the day I met George, been waiting years for it....and talk about a friendly guy....We started to discuss the remake but he had fans to attend to and I didn't want to hold them up, so we chatted in between pictures & autographs....

Oh in case your latin isn't up to par..it reads "Expect the Dead to rise"

ok one more ...my daughter took these shots and we weren't quite ready...lol that's why the funny expression in the pic above...

Last edited by DeadCentral; 14-Oct-2006 at 10:58 PM.
    designs-n-creations.com

capncnut
    Top notch pics, man. If I ever met him, I'd have him sign my copy of Salem's Lot.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ah mr spauling your that rare thing :a londener with taste

Undisclosed

whu?

did u get to cast and autograph his member too?

Undisclosed
    Poor joke DeadBeat, not amusing at all.
    The lifecast (as they are called) was made for the film back in 1984, by Tom Savini himself...
    There are only 3 left in existance and the one in these pics is one of the three, the other is owned by Chad Ball, and the third by Savini ....
    Howard told me he'd never seen one like this since he'd done the film... spare me the distasteful jokes,okay my friend??
    Last edited by DeadCentral; 15-Oct-2006 at 03:23 AM.
    designs-n-creations.com

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCentral View Post
    There are only 3 left in existance and the one in these pics is one of the three, the other is owned by Chad Ball, and the third by Savini...
    I bet you guard that thing with your life. I'd be so paranoid I'd have to put it in a vault!

Undisclosed
    Cap I walked around the convention with it in a bag wrapped around my wrist ....If someone was going to grab it they were dragging me along!

Yeah.... aside from my LAND poster signed by George Romero, Greg Nicotero, Howard Berger,Pedro D'Arce, Eugene Clark & Robert Joy...it's the most important piece of memorabilia I own....DAY is my favorite of GAR's films, and BUB was the shiznit when I saw the film at 20, so I hold that one item very highly.
    Yesterday made as big an impression on me as meeting George did last year.
    designs-n-creations.com

United States
    definatly props for that one! if there was still a rep system i'd shoot you one! maybe now that i live in western PA i can make it to cons now. anyone going to (are they really gonna do it?) the dawn 2008 reunion? i'll be there if its happening! and who's your friend? i go to savini school, maybe i know him or her! (you obviously dont have to say!)

Undisclosed
    It was Greg McDougall actually,he made the molding when instructing there I also have a couple other friends who attended Toms school, the LaBonte twins...
    designs-n-creations.com

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCentral View Post
    DAY is my favorite of GAR's films, and BUB was the shiznit when I saw the film at 20
    I can dig that, it would be like me owning Blade's machete from Dawn, signed by Savini and Lies - something I'll never, ever have. As for GAR's best film, I'd have to give that one to Martin. I saw that movie in 1982 when I was 9 (about a year after I first saw Dawn) and when I finally owned it 10 years later, I was pure blown away all over again. The film is so tragic. Dawn is my favourite GAR film but Day can sometimes override that.

United States
    wow
    way cool

great pics

make us all jealous....

Undisclosed
    Hellsing I did ask..... and his response was more of a "shrug it off " deal, like ..bahhh who cares...he knows no one will ever touch the original nor make a legitimate comparison to Georgea film, so he didn't really seem to care...though he doen't agree with runners, that we DID discuss.

Howard is an extremely intelligent man and very interested in the mind & body on a medical level. During the panel he did, he touched on his approach to BUB and expressed more of an opinion after with me & my friend on the concept of re-animated flesh & how it would move, being the mind and brain run on electrical impulses and after death these impulses would behave irraticly and probably much slower, motor function would be slowed or impaired greatly...hence , shuffling , awkward and clumsy zombies... runners would only truly be possible if the brain functions on a higher level, that seems to be an impossiblity after death....I mentioned the impairments to stroke victims as an example and we both seemed to agree on that...so

in short, he's not too impressed with the idea of a remake , and he doesn't care for runners...
    designs-n-creations.com

United States
    He always came off as a bright guy in the interviews I've seen with him. I wish he would have had more roles in the horror genre, because I think he would have made a great hero type.

Great stuff you have - the mask and the interview!