Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    2) I hate Cersei.
    Me too... But I hate that self righteous religious b*tch more
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    While I do hate Cersei, the key difference is that I'm intrigued by her story - and I can understand her actions from her perspective - as in, the choices she makes actually make sense in all regards (psychologically, in terms of story, etc). She may be a horrid character that I'll gladly see brought down, but at the same time she's a fascinating watch - the difference between a flat, cardboard villain, and a fully fleshed out character.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Me too... But I hate that self righteous religious b*tch more
    Oh, both of them need flaying for sure, or perhaps some "reek" therapy. Off to House Bolton with the pair of them.

Seriously though, they have to stop killing off the characters I like!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    While I do hate Cersei, the key difference is that I'm intrigued by her story - and I can understand her actions from her perspective - as in, the choices she makes actually make sense in all regards (psychologically, in terms of story, etc). She may be a horrid character that I'll gladly see brought down, but at the same time she's a fascinating watch - the difference between a flat, cardboard villain, and a fully fleshed out character.
    She's a wretched bitch. Her humiliation wasn't long enough for me. Lena Headley does play a great part. She really nails it. Don't get me wrong. But, Jon Snow's storyline is one of the reasons I'm watching. His and Arya's storylines are the best ones IMO. Tyrion too, but he got sort of sidelined this year to a degree.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    She's a wretched bitch. Her humiliation wasn't long enough for me. Lena Headley does play a great part. She really nails it. Don't get me wrong. But, Jon Snow's storyline is one of the reasons I'm watching. His and Arya's storylines are the best ones IMO. Tyrion too, but he got sort of sidelined this year to a degree.
    I don't know... I think GoT sort of manages to layer the characters, so even some of the most despicable ones, gave some traits that people can at least latch onto/acknowledge. Exception possibly being Ramsey Bolton
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    hehe, strange to see the infamous "You know nothing Jon Snow" without the northern accent.

Administrator

England
    Here comes season 6...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Nice touch for Sky Atlantic here in the UK to stick it on at around about 2am tonight (i.e. early hours of Monday morning aka "Sunday night") ahead of the typical 9pm Monday night showing, for those who want to watch it as early as possible.

What baffles me, though, is why are Sky Atlantic not showing "Thronecast" directly after the episode at 10pm on Monday as they usually do? It's stuck on just after midnight the following day (i.e. 12.10am Wednesday morning). Utterly daft!

Administrator

England
    What baffles me, though, is why are Sky Atlantic not showing "Thronecast" directly after the episode at 10pm on Monday as they usually do? It's stuck on just after midnight the following day (i.e. 12.10am Wednesday morning). Utterly daft!
    Didn't realise that! Thanks for the heads up!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Didn't realise that! Thanks for the heads up!
    You're most welcome. Hopefully they put it on in its usual slot soon.

For those who've seen 6x01...

Ooh! Melisandre! Please put the necklace back on!

And about bloody time whats'ername caught up with Sansa after sitting in a flippin' room gazing out the window for the sight of a candle for all of season 5!

A jolly good start to the season - plenty happening, alright - really looking forward to the rest of the season!

United States
    Man, no spoiler threads for GoT?? Blasphemy!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    You're most welcome. Hopefully they put it on in its usual slot soon.

For those who've seen 6x01...

Ooh! Melisandre! Please put the necklace back on!

And about bloody time whats'ername caught up with Sansa after sitting in a flippin' room gazing out the window for the sight of a candle for all of season 5!

A jolly good start to the season - plenty happening, alright - really looking forward to the rest of the season!
    Yep...A good first epsidoe to get us back in the swing of things...

Looking forward to seeing John Snow and Cersei dish out some serious revenge!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Mr Snow's doing three fifths of fuck all right now, mind. I can't imagine that's it - particularly with set picture leaks of him wielding a sword. They wouldn't just get him back to play a corpse ... although IIRC they did that with Tywin (or was it a face/body cast?)

Cersei - there was actually a sign of some humility for her ... in fact there was a lot of humility going around in this episode, what with Arya brought down. I'm sure Cersei will get her revenge somehow though ... she won't be brought to heel for long ... can't wait to see the Mountain monster got nuts, too!

United States
    Cersei, Sansa, Arya, Brienne, The Red Woman, The Sand Snakes; damn, the women of GoT are in for one hell of a season!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Cersei, Sansa, Arya, Brienne, The Red Woman, The Sand Snakes; damn, the women of GoT are in for one hell of a season!
    Hopefully the Sand Snakes are better this season. I've not read the books, but in advance of Season 5 there were all these people going "oh sweet, the Sand Snakes are coming, OMFG!!!" - and yet they were thoroughly meh - although they were more interesting in this first episode of season 6 than they were in the whole of season 5, but then I found all the Dorne stuff a bit meh generally last season.

I see some folks have pointed out that Melisandre takes off her necklace in an earlier season (when she's in a bath) - so either there's something more to it, or they've made an error (either then, or in 6x01) ... and where did the hunting dogs go to during/after the battle to save Sansa in the woods? Did they just run off? Might have been nice to get a shot of that for a couple of seconds just so they don't dematerialise.