Thread: Avengers: Endgame (film)

Administrator

England

Avengers: Endgame (film)

Enjoyable... Some very good scenes, but ultimately for me a tad myeh, as I tend to just get bored of super duper powers fighting superer duperer powers before they then finally use more supererer dupererer powers...

Prefer more confined "powers" to something a bit more tangible. eg: Iron Man or Captain America or the Sam Raimi Spiderman films.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I thoroughly enjoyed it. Twice now. The first time is a bit of sensory overload because there’s SO much to take in within the three hour run time, but in the repeat viewing I was able to kinda relax and dive further into it. Sure, it’s got the super power fights, but it’s also got a great message at its core about being present with your loved ones and saying how it is that you really feel.

Basically the entire film has that little through line, all wrapped up in fan service. The GOOD kind of fan service, too!
    Last edited by bassman; 03-May-2019 at 12:18 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Loved it. Great fun, no complaints here other than Spider-Man consistently removing his mask.

Fan service is the perfect word to describe this film. A reward to those who has been following for the last decade plus.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Over this past weekend, the Russo Brothers put out a statement that the “official” spoiler ban on Endgame would be lifted on Monday. Turns out they announced it because of the release of the new Spider-Man trailer, which deals directly with the aftermath of the previous film. So only watch the trailer if you’ve seen Endgame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyjIj6Z2wnI

Interesting....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Watching this again, it really hit me how great Silvesteri’s score is! Feels like he doesn’t get enough recognition as one of the top living composers. His themes for Endgame go a long way to ratcheting up the emotions.