Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 300 is 250

Administrator

England

300 is 250

Well, 300 is in the top 250 films at IMDB... I didn't realise it was out!?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416449/

It's out in the UK in about 4 weeks
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I have this creeping suspicion that everyone is freaking out over this film because of it's awesome visuals, but the other components of the film will be lacking....

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    How can a film that has only had 2 screenings even be on the IMDB 250 list yet, let alone with 3,000+ votes.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I ****ing hate this film already...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I ****ing hate this film already...
    Way to go with the open mind

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    How can a film that has only had 2 screenings even be on the IMDB 250 list yet, let alone with 3,000+ votes.
    So it's not on general release?
    Last edited by Neil; 27-Feb-2007 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So it's not on general release?

No, it's not. I think some people are rating it based on the trailer.
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Feb-2007 at 06:07 PM.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The first release isn't until this friday in some countries. The US gets it on March 9th. So the rating is BS.

UPDATE: Bumped off the IMDB 250 list and the rating now 8.6
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 27-Feb-2007 at 07:07 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    I will see this movie next month along with The Hills Have Eyes II. I hope neither one suck.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Way to go with the open mind
    The problem is I can tell by the trailer that this film is the dumbest kind of film you can find. It's so mindnumbingly STUPID that I don't see how anyone could like it! And yes, I can tell that by the trailer!

There are limits to suspension of disbelief. And topless spartans, battle rhinos and iron masked persians breaks that limit easily.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You can't judge a book by it's cover.

And on the whole suspension to disbelief thing....you do know that you're on a forum dedicated to films with walking corpses, right?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm not judging it by it's cover, I'm judging it from the trailer. Which is super ****ing crappy.

Usually zombie films try to depict this alternate take on doomsday in a rather realistic way.

Quite opposed to say, 300, which depicts a real event in an alternate way. In a very alternate way. Where persians would ride rhinos into battle, and spartans suddenly found some sort of value in freedom.

As I said... Suspension of disbelief? It has it's limits.

Banned User

Undisclosed

It's based on a Frank Miller graphic novel...

What do you expect?

I like the part when the commander is like: "Tonight, Spartans. We dine in hell!"

This looks like it could be just as good as Frank Miller's SIN CITY. I can't wait to see it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What do you expect?
    I guess you're right. You can't make a gem out of a turd. Frank Miller is such a douche. How the **** could anyone even SUCCEED in making a ****ty story about the Battle of Thermopylae? That IS like... the Ingmar Bergman of ****ty things.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You ever notice that films that follow historical events usually say "BASED ON actual events"? That's a pretty big area, there. That means one little detail could be "historically accurate" and the rest is added in for entertainment value.

Same with "300". Yeah, it has all the deformed creatures and the elephants or whatever they are, but does that mean it's going to be a bad movie? If Miller and Snyder made a 100% accurate depiction of that war(which is virtually impossible), it would most likely be very boring to most viewers. The things they added in are for entertainment only. That's what movies are for....entertainment. There are plenty TV Channels that show documentaries on the past. I mean, out of all the movies based on past events do you think they're all accurate? Nope.

If anything, the movie will inspire people to look up some facts on the war and find out the truth. They'll be entertained and want to know more. If they search, they'l find the so called "truth".

My God, I can't believe I just defended Zack Snyder.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Quite opposed to say, 300, which depicts a real event in an alternate way. In a very alternate way. Where persians would ride rhinos into battle, and spartans suddenly found some sort of value in freedom.

As I said... Suspension of disbelief? It has it's limits.

Maybe they meant the freedom to be a lunatic Spartan...not actual literal freedom....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!