Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: XBox One [console]

Super Moderator

Germany
    I pre-ordered the PS4. I am sure the Xbox One will be wonderful too, but I prefer the controller and I like to pick up used games sometimes.

Dead

United States
    Xbox One: Details on Connectivity, Licensing and Privacy Features:

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main

Two weeks ago we introduced Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment device. Designed for today and the decade ahead, Xbox One puts you at the center of all of your games, TV, movies, music, sports and more. We also shared how Xbox One is built to amplify a new generation of Xbox Live that’s more powerful, personal and intelligent.

And today, we would like to share more information about our vision for Xbox One as a modern, connected device; our games licensing policies; and our privacy principles for the new Kinect sensor.

United States
    wo weeks ago we introduced Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment device. Designed for today and the decade ahead, Xbox One puts you at the center of all of your games, TV, movies, music, sports and more. We also shared how Xbox One is built to amplify a new generation of Xbox Live that’s more powerful, personal, intelligent and not to mention, more expensive!

Fixed your post.

Super Moderator

UK
    MS really seem to be blundering into one mind-numbingly obvious pitfall after another with this most recent snarky comment about 'those without a connection should just buy a 360' ... ... they appear to be resisting the natural human instinct to learn from their mistakes.

Administrator

England
    Scary thing is I suspect a lot of people are just too apathetic to care and will still blindly buy an XBox One without considering what they're in for...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Scary thing is I suspect a lot of people are just too apathetic to care and will still blindly buy an XBox One without considering what they're in for...
    On the other hand, such blind buyers might look at the prices and go "hmmm, the PS4 is £80 cheaper" and therefore buy the PS4.

I suppose it's blind buyers who are loyal to the brand.

Now, I'd like to stick with the Xbox for the next gen, but with all the horeshit they've been flinging around, they've worked very hard indeed to turn me away from them. Unless they have some late-in-the-day conversion of epic proportions to a gamer friendly console (and shit-can the snarky, entitled attitude), I won't be buying the Xbone.

I owned (and still own) a Mega Drive 2, then when the PS1 etc came along I shifted over to PC gaming, and remained there until 2007 when I got into the Xbox 360 (although I did play a lot of Halo 2 in-room multiplayer on a housemate's original Xbox back in the day). I have played a far bit on the Playstation 1's of various friends, but I've never had a PS console ... that could very easily (and perhaps quite likely) all change.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    they appear to be resisting the natural human instinct to learn from their mistakes.
    I think this has been Microsoft's 'modus operandi' from day one. Look at the progression of Windows. Pretty much the same thing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    welp, requires 1.5mps internet speed or it simply wont work, and theres "no plans for a physical power button at this time" so you MUST have kinect in to turn the xbox on via voice. What mutes and people with speech impediments will do i dont know.

- - - Updated - - -

http://jalopnik.com/i-got-thrown-in-microsoft-jail-for-taking-pictures-of-512918787

Interesting.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    welp, requires 1.5mps internet speed or it simply wont work, and theres "no plans for a physical power button at this time" so you MUST have kinect in to turn the xbox on via voice. What mutes and people with speech impediments will do i dont know.

- - - Updated - - -

http://jalopnik.com/i-got-thrown-in-...s-of-512918787

Interesting.
    1) Well, I for one don't have 1.5mbps broadband ... but, as I've listed extensively elsewhere, there's more than one reason why the internet requirement is a complete cock-block for me (and many other people who happen to live in the real world, and not the promised land of a dev team's workplace).

2) That's a good point actually. It might be a small segment - but even still - that's a potential user (and their cash) that MS are ignoring. Everything with the Xbone seems to be about removing choice and, indeed, removing users altogether.

Administrator

England

- - - Updated - - -

http://jalopnik.com/i-got-thrown-in-...s-of-512918787

Interesting.
    So always on? What power consumption is it using?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    XBoxOne consoles at E3 were actually Windows 7 PCs!

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbo...rds-56737.html

I just played an Xbox One game using an Xbox One controller that crashed... to a Windows 7, Hewlet Packard-branded desktop. Magic!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Mmm, fool me once microsoft.

I have no doubt sonys "we have more orders than we can supply demand for" announcement yesterday influenced this when the head xbox dude was saying in interviews like 48 hours ago how he "stands behind the drm decision". Just goes to show voting with your wallets does pay off.

However i still wont buy one because god knows what other surprises they have down the pipeline once youve already given them their money.

United States
    i still wont buy one because god knows what other surprises they have down the pipeline once youve already given them their money.
    I couldn't agree more.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Amazing!
    -Carl Sagan