Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: since when do they need passports?

Chasing Prey

Canada

since when do they need passports?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100713/...uois_passports

are you serious? airlines think they're above the law.

United States
    I'm sorry, I realize Native Americans have been F*CKED over many many times by the US government but they need an official US Passport. I don't see how this step is an attack on their identity.

England
    We live in the 21st century, people need modern passports.

Sorry, but that is the way it is for all the other 6 billion+ folks who live on this planet.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The players won't accept U.S. government-issued documents because they see them as an attack on their identity.
    So a little book with your name and photo is an attack? Some people will whine about anything.

As mentioned before....everyone else is required to have an official passport and these guys should be no different. If this tournament was so important to them, why did they go to the airport knowing they would be turned away? Publicity stunt much?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    So a little book with your name and photo is an attack? Some people will whine about anything.

As mentioned before....everyone else is required to have an official passport and these guys should be no different. If this tournament was so important to them, why did they go to the airport knowing they would be turned away? Publicity stunt much?
    know the rules first...... anytime u enter a reservation, ur not in US territory anymore.

so their rules,period.

United States
    The problem is that their "tribal" passports are handwritten, stone age shit. Tell your tribe's leaders to spring for modern technology, and you won't have this problem. And don't tell me they don't have access to the modern world, as their kids play a fucking Xbox.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    know the rules first...... anytime u enter a reservation, ur not in US territory anymore.

so their rules,period.
    They're not on their reservation. They're in an airport trying to board a plane. Big difference. It's very far from their rules.

United States
    Meh, It's a gray area. They want all the rights of a Sovereign nation since, they sorta are..

I guess they have a psudo Autonomy. I know Israel has a couple out reach programs to native Americans, and more tribes are pushing for recognition of their status. Let them be their own countries with passports ect. It really won't hurt us at all.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    Meh, It's a gray area. They want all the rights of a Sovereign nation since, they sorta are..
    Then perhaps they should create an official passport that other countries in the world would recognize? Do they create their own driver's license, birth certificates, etc.

I'm not hating on them, but I don't think the request is that demanding. Give them to them free for all I care.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Then perhaps they should create an official passport that other countries in the world would recognize?
    Bingo. Like every other "nation" has to do. They certainly are capable of doing so, they have just chosen not to. No room to cry now.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    They're not on their reservation. They're in an airport trying to board a plane. Big difference. It's very far from their rules.

ok so you know what i meant,man. cmon now. they have carte blanche EVERYWHERE. they dont pay taxes, they set their own prices for EVERYTHING. even gas and cigs. which is why new york senators are trying to get their land essentially taken away and prices regulated.

the government doesnt run them, hence the handwritten info they have.

amish do the same, hell they dont even take pictures so why the big dust up over natives?

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post

I guess they have a psudo Autonomy. I know Israel has a couple out reach programs to native Americans, and more tribes are pushing for recognition of their status. Let them be their own countries with passports ect. It really won't hurt us at all.

the US wont ever give them total distance from everyone. they make way too much money off of each other.

remember when vermont wanted to break off frm the states a couple years ago? they didnt realize there was so much more to do than just break off. they'd have to start over

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    amish do the same, hell they dont even take pictures so why the big dust up over natives?
    I'm sure if the Amish tried to fly to some international sporting event without proper passports, they wouldn't be treated any more favorably. They just don't do that kinda thing.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Some Native Americans have major issues with identification. They want their tribal id to be accepted instead of a state drivers license or social security card.

I've seen this locally, where a woman refused to present her drivers license at the jail to visit an inmate. She was adamant the only ID she had was her tribal ID. The lady is standing there with car keys in hand and we were supposed to believe she didn't have a state issued drivers license.

It's just a power thing. Some Native Americans take the whole "we are a separate nation" thing too far.
    Last edited by Eyebiter; 14-Jul-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    I'm sure if the Amish tried to fly to some international sporting event without proper passports, they wouldn't be treated any more favorably. They just don't do that kinda thing.

i personally know some amish people, they dont even have a picture on their work id

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100714/...uois_passports

looks like they Do have proper passports issued by their native american nation......and the UK still says no. yikes

United States
    The British government, meanwhile, won't give the players visas if they cannot guarantee they'll be allowed to go home.

"We'll let you visit, but you're not staying, motherfucker!"