Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese missile could shift Pacific power balance

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Chinese missile could shift Pacific power balance

Do we have another arms race on our hands?

Hopefully not because truthfully this country is in such bad finacial shape, we can't afford it.

Military spending is killing this country but some feel that the military budget is off limits when it comes to budget cuts.

I always say, the money is not infinite. We either spend it on this or that. The problem is that the U.S. has been used to having "the best of all worlds", for lack of a better term, for so long and now we presently find ourselves in an economic situation where that it no longer possible.

There are debates in Washington over balancing the budget yet no major public official will put forth a plan on what they would cut. It sounds nice on paper but when it comes down to it no one has the political will to make the hard decisions.

Isn't ironic though that the country we borrow the majority of our money from is the one we might have the next cold war with?

That simple fact ensures that the U.S. won't be nearly as agressive with china as it was with the Soviet Union.

Any thoughts?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100805/...carrier_killer

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    We should have nuked this country along with North Korea over 50 years ago and we would not have this problem today. We also need to quit buying cheap worthless shit made in China and make our own products. I fear bad things are going to happen to our country in the near future.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    We should have nuked this country along with North Korea over 50 years ago and we would not have this problem today. We also need to quit buying cheap worthless shit made in China and make our own products. I fear bad things are going to happen to our country in the near future.
    Oh the U.S. is definitely on the decline. Our golden years were after WW2.

And no, this country does not make anything anymore. You can only import so much. What is it that we actually export? To me it's a question of patriotism. Buy Americna people!

Another thing you said brings me around to this phenomena that no one really talks about. I call it Politically correct warfare.

War is hell. Bad things are going to happen and alot of things are gonna get blown up. You mess with us, you get fucked up, period.

Since when did it become our obligation to rebuild these country's infrastructure? How about building THIS country's infrasrtucture. Lord knows we need it and at the same time it'll put people to work.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Anything bad that happens to your country won't be down to China, it will be down to lack of forward planing by your own leaders (I include my own country in this as well before you think it is an attack on the US)

China's strategies are usually planned around time scales of generations, we in the west don't seem so patient or forward thinking (they are also very patient, China has been pretty much the same entity for around 5000 years).
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    How is this going to shift anything? China already is the dominant power in the region, and has been for some time.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    You can only import so much. What is it that we actually export?
    Awful "comedy" TV shows (friends, frasier etc), teen high school dramas, horrid RnB music, war, and McDonalds

England
    I do like a couple of double cheese burgers from McD's now and then. And those hot apple pie things...oh yeah!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Awful "comedy" TV shows (friends, frasier etc), teen high school dramas, horrid RnB music, war, and McDonalds
    You're welcome

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    You're welcome

United States
    China's rise to power is not solid, they have massive problems when it comes to the Ughar population as well as in Tibet. They artificially deflate their value of their currency to help push production over consumption.

While China's GDP will overtake the US, it's per capita income is still a joke.

While It's third compared to the combined European Union and the United States in the GDP category. It's Per Capita is rated 128th. With a high growth rate, a political party that is not very popular.

When the finally really re evaluate their currency it's going to throw them back years. While the stairway to Chinese economic prosperity is high, it's built on a very narrow foundation and under the whip of an oppressive regime.

As for military? America currently has 59% of the entire worlds navy. China is no threat.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    As for military? America currently has 59% of the entire worlds navy. China is no threat.
    Said navy isnt making much headway with a bunch of poorly armed goat herders at present though, nor is the combined ground & air forces of NATO. Conventional armies dont win wars anymore despite how impressive their gear & numbers are, I guess it would depend on whether China fought "properly" or not...

Chasing Prey

Canada
    just like fuckin russia and north korea.......if they woulda had nukes, they woulda used em. no ones dared to since we bombed the shit outta japan twice.

also, u know those commie countries regularly parade around with EMPTY missles,right?

Super Moderator

United States
    The Chinese have a plan...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Canada
    ok red dawn.....

United States
    This is old news

"Ships currently have no defense against a ballistic missile attack.”

http://exiledonline.com/the-war-nerd...iers-will-die/

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse