Thread: Sarge

Banned User

Undisclosed

Sarge

Funny that he is in 3 movies! wonder how relevant his role will be in this one. Shame we know his grizzly fate.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by octo7 View Post
    Funny that he is in 3 movies! wonder how relevant his role will be in this one. Shame we know his grizzly fate.
    Not really. The character in Land (Brubaker) is a different character from the character in Diary/Survival (In Survival he gets a name, "Nicotine" Crocket)

Unless he changed his name later on. In that case he's screwed...

As for his role? Leading man time in this one baby!

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Ahh i assumed he was the same character because of the uniform lol. That would have been trippy.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I just noticed that Alan van Sprang isn't the only returning actor in this movie. Devon Bostick, who plays the smart-mouthed kid, was Brian, Mulligan's son in Land too. Obviously not the same character though.

capncnut
    Christ, I thought Octo had found a way back for a second.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Christ, I thought Octo had found a way back for a second.

i had that same thought before noticing the line.

he wouldn't be the first one to try and sneak back in under the radar.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Scotland
    What did he do anyway? PM spamming or sumshit?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    What did he do anyway? PM spamming or sumshit?
    usual story. brett found out that octo's sex pistols collection was bigger than his. that's the end of ya when that bit of info comes out.
    Last edited by Mike70; 18-Jan-2010 at 03:58 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by octo7 View Post

Reading this got me to thinking.

The dead films don't have recurring characters. However, GAr is notorious for recycling the same actors. Who is actually on screen in the most dead films?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Reading this got me to thinking.

The dead films don't have recurring characters. However, GAr is notorious for recycling the same actors. Who is actually on screen in the most dead films?

Hmm... Savini's in three, van Sprang is in three but Romero himself has actually been in five at least (dunno about the new one).

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I think that would have to be Romero himself. If you count things like his legs in Day and his voice in Land.

Am I the only one that's kinda irritated by Van Sprang's Sarge character? He just seems like a fake. He wasn't so bad in Land as Brubaker, but Sarge so far just seems "too cool for school". And don't get me started on the "cool" way he smokes his cigarettes in the promo videos for Survival.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Yeah, I think that would have to be Romero himself. If you count things like his legs in Day and his voice in Land.
    Not to be annoying, because we all know I would never do that.

But, it doesn't suprise me that GAr would have the most being that they are his films. Anyone know who would be second?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Savini is in 5 GAR directed films.

Martin, Dawn, Knightriders, Creepshow, and Land, with John Amplas being in the first 4 of those films.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."