Thread: Guardian Angels... hey this is pretty savvy!

United States

Guardian Angels... hey this is pretty savvy!

http://www.guardianangels.org/

I just heard about this group today watching a program about vigilante justice and prevention and thought this group is awesome. I've never personally seen anyone from the GA org but has anyone ever seen 'em? I've heard of neighborhood watch groups when we lived in Nellie Gail Ranch there were signs everywhere posted about the NW assoc. but it was more like a means of preventing people who didn't live in the area from using the parks and trails and run by nosy housewives who have nothing better to do.

They need more groups like this IMO but I can see people who would join the group and abuse the privilege of being a trusted member of the community =(
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    I've seen em planty of times here, but not as much as I used to. They used to help people from getting jacked on the subway but now they just walk around flexing their muscles and dressing like Dog the Bounty hunter.
    For a "public service" group a whole lot of em act like rude ass cops if you try and talk to em and posture like gangsters. I think their purpose now is press conferences and a publicity arm of Curtis Sliwa.
    Motly back in the early 80s they just showed how useless Cops are. Now THEY are also useless.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    It saddens me greatly to hear that... its like someone caught the easter bunny... but i'm hoping its perhaps just those located near you... I think the idea of people in the community who volunteer to keep everyone safe is an essential because so often whenever something happens to people in public few are there to help...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    but i'm hoping its perhaps just those located near you...
    They were founded In NYC. I also ran into some in San Fransisco when I lived there and it was exactly the same. I felt the same sense of disappointment unfortunately. A lot of them are ex knuckleheads who arent that reformed.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Its also really sad that I see that happening. A lot of people are looking for an easy 'in' to indulge in their power trip and a lot of people similarly are looking for a job that would put them into a position where the public would trust them so they can take advantage of others. For instance everyone generally trusts the police but sometimes they take that job for the specific purpose of abusing that power. Its a shame what we evolve into. Or devolve into (is that a word?)...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"