Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exit Humanity (film) - Living Dead film set after the Civil War

Administrator

England

Exit Humanity (film) - Living Dead film set after the Civil War

From the writer of Ponty Pool, and staring Bill Moseley, we have "Exit Humanity":-
    Exit Humanity is a story told through the written and illustrated journal of Edward Young as he battles his way through an unexplainable outbreak of the walking dead a decade after the American Civil War. After returning home from a hunting trip to find a horrific re-animation of his wife Julia, and that their son Adam has disappeared, Edward starts to record his experiences with the walking dead as well as the

unexplainable outbreak that has torn his family apart, and threatens all of mankind. Throughout his harrowing journey Edward finds friendship, guidance and love amongst chaos and despair, when all else seems to be lost in a world robbed of its humanity.

Official site - http://www.exithumanity.com

Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Exit-H...39350362778217

IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1781812/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG0EONvG6BM
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Review at AICN likes it - Look 3/4 down the page here http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51929
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    Looks interesting this film, nice to see a different time period zombie movie.

United States
    looks too much like video. Instantly ruined it for me.

England
    Sorry, this looks like a load of old cock. The trailers I've seen do nothing for me at all. Well, actually, they leave me thinking that I don't really want to see this film.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    Well, don't forget it's low budget. CAD 300,000 I think...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Got to be better than that dumb zombie/nazi/snow movie I saw.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Being Attacked

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Snack View Post
    Got to be better than that dumb zombie/nazi/snow movie I saw.
    Dead Snow? I loved that movie! Sure it was dumb but it was all kinds of fun! Of course the Nazis in it weren't really zombies at all but ghosts or evil spirits.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Sorry, this looks like a load of old cock. The trailers I've seen do nothing for me at all. Well, actually, they leave me thinking that I don't really want to see this film.
    right there with ya on this one. looks like something filmed on a camera you can get at best buy. no thanks. don't care what the budget was. there's no substitute for professionalism. in movies, much as in life, appearance is damn near everything.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Idk about you all, but when I want to watch a zombie movie, I want it to be all business. No horse play. Once you add silliness or comedic elements to a zombie film, it goes to shit. I think the reason why all these new low budget zombie movies suck is because the filmmakers don't know how to make zombies scary.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    yeah, that was a bit goofy. hell even my wife liked dead snow, and she hates all good movies. but the one thing that i was trying to figure out was, are they zombies?, are they ghosts?, what the hell? our conclusion was that they were some sort of bleeding,rotting ghost or phanom of some sort. kinda diffrent way to look at horror movies. i hate to say it...but in a weird way it was a bit refreshing to a stale and stagnant genre of films. leave it to the europeans to change cinema for the better(?)

-- -------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

i will hafte agree with you on that. i also believe that the zombie apocalypse would be a serious matter and not something that should be taken too lightly. or in fact lightly at all. i mean if there is a horde of walking raotting mindless eating machines on my ass just waiting to get ahold of my ass, i dont think there will be a whole lot of room for humor, and i dont think that i will be in the mood for a knock-knock joke. but of course thats just my loud mouthed opinion. none-the-less i will agree with you on this topic

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    From the writer of Ponty Pool, and staring Bill Moseley, we have "Exit Humanity":-
    Exit Humanity is a story told through the written and illustrated journal of Edward Young as he battles his way through an unexplainable outbreak of the walking dead a decade after the American Civil War. After returning home from a hunting trip to find a horrific re-animation of his wife Julia, and that their son Adam has disappeared, Edward starts to record his experiences with the walking dead as well as the

unexplainable outbreak that has torn his family apart, and threatens all of mankind. Throughout his harrowing journey Edward finds friendship, guidance and love amongst chaos and despair, when all else seems to be lost in a world robbed of its humanity.
    So its Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare:The Movie?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    Idk about you all, but when I want to watch a zombie movie, I want it to be all business. No horse play. Once you add silliness or comedic elements to a zombie film, it goes to shit. I think the reason why all these new low budget zombie movies suck is because the filmmakers don't know how to make zombies scary.
    well, we actually agree on something. i'm right there with you. i want zombies played straight up. most attempts to add comedy to these types of films fall flat on their face. i give you "survival of the dead" as an example.

"shaun" is probably the only movie to successfully pull off zombies mixed with comedy.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

United States
    Aw, man. I've been saying the same thing, as well. I don't mind "zomedies" when done well, the problem is that every jackass who makes a crappy zombie movie thinks labeling it a zomedy gets it a free-pass, or people just cashing in on the popularity of the genre peddle their wares with no attempt at making a quality film, and the overall effect on the genre is a general downturn in the horror quotient.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany