Thread: First Silent Hill 5 details

United States

First Silent Hill 5 details

Found this on another forum:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=162394
    Akira Yamaoka has worked on Konami's Silent Hill series for a while now. He was producer on the PC version of Silent Hill3, but he's more famed for his work in the sound department. Yamaoka have given a few details on Silent Hill 5 in a recent magazine interview.
    "At the moment I cannot reveal much detail on the story, or our progress, but I can tell you that this game will resemble Silent Hill 2 in the terms of the way the player is directed and the characters' behaviour," he told Game Pro magazine.
    "At this time we are still not sure," confessed Yamaoka . "We are thinking of putting the next game on the next generation consoles like PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, but we have had a good past experience with PlayStation [where the series was born] and we hope to continue that trend, but there are no definite plans as of yet."
    The only Silent Hill I played was the first one, but from most accounts, Silent Hill II is the best in the series.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is great news! Thanks, man.

I certainly hope this is as good as SH 2. I had the 4th one, too, but could never get that far into it. For some reason it just didn't pull me in like 2 can every time I play it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    dude you owe it to yourself as a gamer and a horror fan to play silent hill 2 , you will definatley not regret, its up there with final fantasy 7 as one of the top 10 games of all time in my book.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    The only Silent Hill I played was the first one, but from most accounts, Silent Hill II is the best in the series.
    Say what?

Aw man, SH2 is one of those games where its bitch fiddly and confusing but when you take the time to follow it properly, it all comes together. Honest to god, one of the best story driven games EVER. The only game that ever made me replay it just to get all the endings and it was a pleasure every time. A storyline so cryptic and disturbing that it's beckons me daily from inside my drawer, begging me to play it and unearth more mysteries.

Silent Hill 2 is the definition of survival horror.

United States
    1 and 2 were awesome neevr got to play 3 & 4

United Kingdom
    played 1 and never got into it

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    then i reckon youll dig silent hill 4, but seriously people 2 is THE survival horror you gotta play, the only one that looks like itll come close is alan wake.