Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad news.... DEADLANDS DVD release

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Sad news.... DEADLANDS DVD release

It seems the distributor doesn't feel I AM ZOMBIE MAN fits the mood of the DVD release for DEADLANDS. I am trying my best to get them to re-consider their position on this and am practically begging and offering to give head to get it on there.

I want MZ's work to be seen by everyone here in the states and I feel it is an awesome film and needs to be included. if they choose not to include the film I will back out of the deal. I promised MZ his film would be included and if it isn't I will withdraw DEADLANDS from release.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Personally, this pisses me off quite a bit. IAZM is a fantastic spoof and take on the whole idea of a 'zombie.' Simply put, it's a comedic masterpiece in my eyes. (shut up MZ, just take the compliment and deal with it! ).

I can't see how Tempe feels that it doesn't "fit" on the DVD. Did they watch Deadlands? Did they not see the sarcastic humor being thrown around by Dj and myself throughout the entire film? there's almost as much humor as horror in DL, and they're saying it doesn't "fit"? DL is about ZOMBIES. IAZM is about a ZOMBIE. I fail to see how they don't fit together.

Give 'em hell, Dj - it deserves to be seen by all - especially those people who would be buying deadlands. ZOMBIE FANS. Hell, i've shown IAZM to people who don't like zombies and they think it's f*ckin' hilarious.

I wouldn't get too worried about it just yet MZ & IAZM fans - Dj's been known to pull a few rabbits out of his hat on occasion, so lets just see what develops and keep our fingers crossed. IAZM deserves to be on that release.

capncnut
    I agree with all of the above. What's the big f**king deal? It's only supplemental content. Geez, I never thought things like that would be an issue. DJ, tell 'em they are a nitpicking bunch of slags who deserve a good slap!

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    It seems the distributor doesn't feel I AM ZOMBIE MAN fits the mood of the DVD release for DEADLANDS. I am trying my best to get them to re-consider their position on this and am practically begging and offering to give head to get it on there.

I want MZ's work to be seen by everyone here in the states and I feel it is an awesome film and needs to be included. if they choose not to include the film I will back out of the deal. I promised MZ his film would be included and if it isn't I will withdraw DEADLANDS from release.

Is there a place on-line that i can see a clip of IAZM"? IF SO PM ME ON IT OK.
    that is too bad. I think minion is very talented. I loved the evil ted. but honestly if it comes down it i think you should release it as the distributor wants unless you can get a new distributor. Well i would discuss it with MZ. but that is a shame. he apparently does not recognize talent.

capncnut
    You can view the entire video on this very forum Heidi. The thread is called I Am Zombie Man - watch it now! Give it a go, it's a very funny piece.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well that sucks.

just print out the posts from its thread on here and show it to em adn say "see, they like it".

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't think they care hellsing, however, as I said if they choose not to include it I will back out of the deal. If they give me a hard time about backing out then I will just disown the release of the film. Distributing DEADLANDS was never about money, nor was making the film. I never cared if the film turned a profit I really just wanted to make a film and hoped people would like it. The fact that it was picked up and could make $$$ is just a bonus.

I have a true love for film, and I respect the art form and the artist (to an extent... I still don't forgive LOTD for being a P.O.S.) I loved IAZM so much I wanted to get it out there. It deserves a release as much as DEADLANDS does, and I sent all the materials to them months ago and what makes me mad is it bothers them now. Of course IAZM doesn't fit the mold of DEADLANDS, it is a mockumentary comedy... which is why I enjoy it and it allows the viewer to appreciate the zombie genre and laugh at it at the same time.

I have a few options...

1. They can include it, everything goes on as normal subject closed. I even offered to give up another 10% of my cut to make sure I AM ZOMBIE MAN makes it on the release.

2. They don't include it, they let me out of the deal and I take DEADLANDS and IAZM elsewhere because a promise is a promise

3. They don't let me back out... so I disown the release of DEADLANDS, re-cut the film with alternate or extended footage and re-release it with IAZM through another label or I re-self distribute the whole package myself.

I still own the rights and hold copyright on DEADLANDS, they are only licensing the distribution of the film. So in theory I can re-cut the film and sell it as a special edition release to someone else. It doesn't matter to me either way. Some people think I maybe nuts walking out on a distribution deal over someone elses short film, but my word means a lot to me and I hate breaking or going back on my word. I don't care if it is out of my hands or not. Half the filmmakers in the business have zero integrity, I don't wanna be lumped in that half of the business. Whether or not I have any say in the matter or not if you don't have your word or your honor what do you have?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nothing. i couldnt agree more i dont film stuff becuase i want to make money ,just to entertain and to tell a story i suggest you go someplace else cus it sound slike they wanted just some kind of quick buck film not for fans , doesnt fangoria now have a film releaseing company, fangoria dvd or something?, if so i reckon they wouldnt give you no gip over it.
    cus if you let other people tell you how to do your film,even how to make up the dvd and its extras its not comepletely your work and its more than a little insulting.

the sad thing is theres people like uwe boll making money form **** films and they probably wouldnt even get the concept of spreading another persons work for free anyway.
    thats the trouble over there with anyone who thinks there even a little bit "hollywood". sad but true.

capncnut
    I think IAZM would be a perfect extra feature for any zombie movie, serious or comedic. It's very petty and narrowminded of them to say the least.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    MZ - CHECK YOUR PM's and EMAIL. This will help IAZM situation for Deadlands DVD release.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    1. They can include it, everything goes on as normal subject closed. I even offered to give up another 10% of my cut to make sure I AM ZOMBIE MAN makes it on the release.

2. They don't include it, they let me out of the deal and I take DEADLANDS and IAZM elsewhere because a promise is a promise

3. They don't let me back out... so I disown the release of DEADLANDS, re-cut the film with alternate or extended footage and re-release it with IAZM through another label or I re-self distribute the whole package myself.
    Let it never be said that Dj does not have integrity. He made a promise to MZ and is making every single effort within his grasp to make it happen - and it seems there might be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel (not going to say more 'till everything is a done deal).

Dj, kudos to you for sticking to your guns and helping a fellow filmmaker. What you're doing is way above and beyond the call of duty, and this will surely keep you out of the "all-for-myself-and-my-money" filmmaker catagory.

This is what it's all about, peoples - well, what it should be all about. Not only getting your own foot in the door, but at the same time, when you DO get your foot in the door you also assist a fellow filmmaker get his work seen too.

I have to admit I think this is the coolest thing i've ever seen you do for anyone. You are indeed "the man."

I have a true love for film, and I respect the art form and the artist (to an extent... I still don't forgive LOTD for being a P.O.S.)
    LMMFAO!! That has to be the funniest thing i've read all year (sorry MZ, I'm still on Dj's side with the Land thing.. )

LC

_____

UPDATE: Important info regarding IAZM and the Tempe release of Deadlands can be found over here:

MAKE WITH THE CLICKEY

If you're too lazy to click the link (and don't wanna see the new Deadlands DVD case artwork spiffed up by Tempe Entertainment) , just know that it's official: IAZM will indeed be on the Tempe release of Deadlands: The Rising

See? I told you Dj sometimes pulls rabbits out of his hat.

Now lets have some rabbit stew.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 05-Jan-2007 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well... It has been taken care of... IAZM will be on the DVD as a featurette. I guess I can still pull rabbits out of my hat.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    I guess I can still pull rabbits out of my hat.
    You should see a doctor about that...

Come on, someone (hellsing) was gonna say it eventually!

Indeed, this 'ere Dj chap gots skillz.

Undisclosed
    Too bad the rep system is gone...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    You should see a doctor about that...

Come on, someone (hellsing) was gonna say it eventually!

I was gonna say that, but you beat me to it.