Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Hill Valley town square

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

R.I.P. Hill Valley town square

For those of you that haven't heard, Universal Studios (Cali) had a three-alarm fire which destroyed the King Kong exhibit, damaged a video vault, and, most sadly, destroyed the town square that was used as Hill Valley. Now my dream of walking through it will never come true.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/01/studio.fire/index.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What's Hill Valley?

United Kingdom
    Hill Valley was where the Back to the Future films were set, very sad news indeed

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I watched a CNN interview with Universal studios CEO and the report is everything will be rebuilt to specification with some extra modifications for fire prevention and safety enhancements.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I watched a CNN interview with Universal studios CEO and the report is everything will be rebuilt to specification with some extra modifications for fire prevention and safety enhancements.
    That's awesome news. Thanks for the info. Lets just hope this doesn't get them thinking about a BTTF remake...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    They should have done that after the last fire which burnt up the back lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    , most sadly, destroyed the town square that was used as Hill Valley. Now my dream of walking through it will never come true.
    That is sad about the town square. When I was at USC, I had a internship at Universal and would spend most lunches walking around the hill valley set and even went into the cafe (which did have a interior unlike most of the buildings which were just facades).
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 01-Jun-2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    oh man that sucks balls.

what about the hill valley of 1885, was that left standing after the movies too?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    oh man that sucks balls.

what about the hill valley of 1885, was that left standing after the movies too?

that wasnt shot at universal, it was actually some wide open spot in the hills

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    oh man that sucks balls.

Not at Universal and was burned down in a grass fire in 1996. Area is known as Red Hills Ranch.

Pics of the fire damage
    http://www.nu.nl/slideshow/slideshow...ow&id=1592923#
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 01-Jun-2008 at 11:19 PM. Reason: correction

Undisclosed
    Wow I was just at unversial last week 5/26/08

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Shadow View Post
    Wow I was just at unversial last week 5/26/08

i swear that area changes SO much. the diner is there in spirit and thats all.

Undisclosed
    That area does change a lot. It's now the location for The Ghost Whisperer. They've really redressed the courthouse (took the top off).

Here are some pics that I took back in 1987 during some lunch breaks - it actually still looked like Hill Valley and was a lot fun to explore/walk around.
    There are some more pics of it on my website but the site won't be online until late June.

The Court House.

The street where the delorean was parked and Doc Brown did his "weather Experiment." Also where the delorean raced down the street to get back to the future and where Biff bothered Lorraine. The tree and park bench were even still there.

Entrance to the cafe. Inside there was nothing left except for the main counter.
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 03-Jun-2008 at 12:44 AM.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by C5NOTLD View Post
    That area does change a lot. It's now the location for The Ghost Whisperer. They've really redressed the courthouse (took the top off).

Here are some pics that I took back in 1987 during some lunch breaks - it actually still looked like Hill Valley and was a lot fun to explore/walk around.
    There are some more pics of it on my website but the site won't be online until late June.

The Court House.

The street where the delorean was parked and Doc Brown did his "weather Experiment." Also where the delorean raced down the street to get back to the future and where Biff bothered Lorraine. The tree and park bench were even still there.

Entrance to the cafe. Inside there was nothing left except for the main counter.

i miss my hometown

Undisclosed
    Access Hollywood had detailed footage taken of the burned out area. Really sad to see. While the court house structure is still standing, they did say that the clock was in storage and was destroyed by the fire.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by C5NOTLD View Post
    Access Hollywood had detailed footage taken of the burned out area. Really sad to see. While the court house structure is still standing, they did say that the clock was in storage and was destroyed by the fire.