Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TWD 3x05 "Say The Word" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 3x05 "Say The Word" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

The fifth episode of season three - keep your discussion of 3x05 to this thread, don't post about it in the shoutbox, and as always keep any future comic book storylines/spoilers within "spoiler tags" (if you don't know how to use spoiler tags, go to the HPOTD FAQ and look up the section on 'BB Codes') - and finally, ENJOY THE DISCUSSION!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 10-Nov-2012 at 10:21 AM.

England
    Directed by the man Nicotero. They seem to be doing the episodes in blocks with Dickerson doing 301 and 302. Guy Ferland directed 303 and 304 so I wonder if Greg is directing 306 as well. I hope so. He seems to have some directing chops when given a budget.
    I haven't had this one spoiled for me like last week but i've gleaned some info and everything points to a dark and strange episode indeed.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    I saw some non-spoilery preview images as officially released by AMC, and I've got an idea of what might be happening in part of the episode in one of the locations. Something from the comic books - looking forward to seeing it.

I was going to mention that Nicotero is directing this - hadn't noticed the "block directing" as you say, interesting. I seem to remember hearing Nicotero saying he was getting to direct as many as 3 episodes this season, so we'll see. Perhaps two episodes back-to-back might be too much for his workload (also being an exec producer and, of course, the gore maestro), but we'll see. 2x11 was a really nicely done episode - and character heavy too - so he's certainly got chops.

Have you see his United Monster Talent Agency short film? It's class.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I saw some non-spoilery preview images as officially released by AMC, and I've got an idea of what might be happening in part of the episode in one of the locations. Something from the comic books - looking forward to seeing it.

I was going to mention that Nicotero is directing this - hadn't noticed the "block directing" as you say, interesting. I seem to remember hearing Nicotero saying he was getting to direct as many as 3 episodes this season, so we'll see. Perhaps two episodes back-to-back might be too much for his workload (also being an exec producer and, of course, the gore maestro), but we'll see. 2x11 was a really nicely done episode - and character heavy too - so he's certainly got chops.

Have you see his United Monster Talent Agency short film? It's class.
    Aye. I've seen it. It was that and Bassmans love of The Munsters that reminded me of the old Universal classics. The recent box set is ace.

I've seen a screen grab of the Aussie promo for the next episode with regards to the comic book event you mention. The last frame of the "next week on TWD" promo also shows another scene with the same character. Looks like what might be a bit disturbing storyline for some people. I know that my sister is going to struggle with it for various different reasons
    Last edited by kidgloves; 11-Nov-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: g
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Directed by the man Nicotero. They seem to be doing the episodes in blocks with Dickerson doing 301 and 302. Guy Ferland directed 303 and 304 so I wonder if Greg is directing 306 as well. I hope so. He seems to have some directing chops when given a budget.
    I haven't had this one spoiled for me like last week but i've gleaned some info and everything points to a dark and strange episode indeed.
    I believe Greg also directed episode 315, not sure about any other episodes.

Honestly, I didn't care for this episode. It's got nothing to do with Greg's work - the directing and the acting are top notch as usual. However, I think the story in this episode is lacking and it kind of spins it wheels, doesn't really go anywhere, IMHO. Interested in what you guys will think.

One of Greg's DAWN zombie cameos didn't make it into this cut, but he was able to do an improved version of it for epsiode 315. I can't wait to see that one because us Romero nerds will definitely get a kick out of it.

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    Well, that was f*cked!

I'm dying to quote that famous line from Beyond Thunderdome, but I think I'll let one of y'all say it!

So, just wondering.... where's carol because after seeing what daryl did at the graves, I have an idea...

Dead

United States
    Why be so cryptic about Carol?
    And is the phone a hallucination?

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Daryl was the highlight of the entire episode for me. Overall, I was disappointed by this weeks installment.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yet another great episode. Five for five so far, imo. Season Three is coming along nicely.

Can't wait to hear what the other side of that phone sounds like next week....

United States
    I'm rewatching just to catch couple items.

Carol is assumed dead right? But why dig a grave with no body? Wouldn't cross suffice? So I'm guessing producers are just messing with us cause I believe Carol is alive.

Loved the dialog about tdog driving the van to save seniors.

So are they implying lori's body was completely consumed? I have a problem with that considering skull and bones should still be there.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post

So are they implying lori's body was completely consumed? I have a problem with that considering skull and bones should still be there.
    I have been pondering that very thing myself.

United States
    Good episode but I'm kind of on the fence about a couple things. One being what the hell were they implying with that Walker that Rick put down at the end. Did he eat Lori? I mean, they did dig a grave so what the hell went there? Same for carol.

The CGI zombie hacks with Michonne's sword was a little flat as well.

The T-Dog story was a nice touch and Daryl stepping up and taking in action while Rick was gone was great.

Overall happy with this one but the phone call at the end has me worried. The story is moving at break neck speeds compared to the source material. Next week's preview gives a hint about Carol too.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 12-Nov-2012 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Typo
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post

The story is moving at break neck speeds compared to the source material.
    I'm not even familiar with the source material, but the pacing is what left me a bit disappointed. I feel that they are trying to cover too much in a single episode, so we get little tidbits here and there. At the end of the episode I was left thinking "What the hell was all of that?" At this point I could care less about Woodbury. Maybe that will change?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post

Carol is assumed dead right? But why dig a grave with no body? Wouldn't cross suffice? So I'm guessing producers are just messing with us cause I believe Carol is alive.
    I was buying the poker face on the producer that was on Talking Dead saying she might be dead. Rewatching now to see if there was any real mention of her at all this episode, as I was messing around some in the kitchen. I know Talking Dead will have to address the Carol being AWOL this episode issue.

I loved this episode. The Governor reveals more weirdness. Kookoo.

P.S. Is that my avvy's zombie that appeared in this one when Merle was fighting that guy?
    Last edited by rongravy; 12-Nov-2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: :)))

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    Ok, so i'm the only person, who thought "TWO MEN ENTER... ONE MAN LEAVE!"? seriously?

Alright!

One more thing, is there any way back for Rick now or can we assume that Daryl is now the de-facto leader?