Thread: Xbox Live Game Room Won't Feature Teen, Mature-Rated Games

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Xbox Live Game Room Won't Feature Teen, Mature-Rated Games

This is one of the dumbest things i ever saw. First off, having to put "quarters" in to play is one of the main reason that arcades are dead today. Early on there was no comparison between an arcade version of something and it's NES counterpart. However, when consoles started stepping up their horsepower the difference was negligible if at all.

Also, no mature titles? The article and comments brought up a good point. Anyone old enough to be nostalgic about arcades isn't going to want to play bubble bobble all day. What they should have done is bring over some cool as titles from Japanese arcades.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...ed-Games-.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    I consider the whole idea DOA. It sounded cool at first, but to punish those who already bought games and make them buy them all over again is goofy. All MS is going to do is nickel and dime me to death... piss on that!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    I consider the whole idea DOA. It sounded cool at first, but to punish those who already bought games and make them buy them all over again is goofy. All MS is going to do is nickel and dime me to death... piss on that!
    It's becoming a disturbing trend with them and it's becoming more transparent with every scheme they come out with.

There's going to come a point of no return where, from a P.r. standpoint, that's what they're going to be known for and they're bottom line will suffer for it. And when that happens it's a rough climb back to the top. Just ask Sony.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    How many classic games were rated Teen or Mature? They were just blocks and pixels...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    How many classic games were rated Teen or Mature? They were just blocks and pixels...

I wonder...

If the mature rating is based on what the case was at the time or how we view it now.

Because, even games that were absolutely scandelous back in the day, like Mortal Kombat, are almost laughable today when you think about the uproar they caused.