Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grindhouse is "awesome" & "flawless"

United States

Grindhouse is "awesome" & "flawless"

Those quotes are from Greg Nicotero in an email I received from him earlier today. April 6 cannot arrive soon enough!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Awesome....but didn't he work on the film? I mean, doesnt that mean he's going to say it's great, regardless?

I'm sure it is awesome, though. Weird thing is....I keep reading different reviews on the net and it seems to be 50/50 at this point. Some hate it and some like it. I've also seen some reviews where the person liked one film and hated the other.

Anyway....I'm psyched. I'll definitely be at the cinema on April 6. Jesus Christ! I just realized that's next week!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    mmaybe one of thems legendary and the others just ****?

capncnut
    I think we all knew Grindhouse was gonna kick butt anyhoo.

United States
    I am really dubous about the gun On Rose MacGowans leg. Kinda cheesy and very un grindhouse like. But I really dig that girl.
    Other than that it looks great.
    KUUUUUUURT
    Back in muthafukkin action!
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn straight on Kurt ... and also - Michael Biehn - about time he got something to play with!

Can't wait to see Grindhouse!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Awesome....but didn't he work on the film? I mean, doesnt that mean he's going to say it's great, regardless?

I was just going to reply the same thing. I think I will make a decision for myself instead of taking the word of a crew member who was paid. Also considering this was the same man who became mad at me for giving Land of the Dead a bad review and saying to me... "I thought you were a fan, how could you slam the movie."

I can say however, I have high hopes for Grindhouse. Robert and Quentin haven't let me down yet, I don't see why they would start now.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Greg had no idea I was going to put this on here. He was just saying that because of how much he enjoyed the film. It was not said in the hopes that it might get put on the internet. I did that just because of the excitement I have for the film.

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I was just going to reply the same thing. I think I will make a decision for myself instead of taking the word of a crew member who was paid. Also considering this was the same man who became mad at me for giving Land of the Dead a bad review and saying to me... "I thought you were a fan, how could you slam the movie."
    Gary, I think Greg's point on that was the fan base ripping the movie. Seeing the fans put out negative reviews did nothing to help LOTD.
    Last edited by thxleo; 29-Mar-2007 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    I don't know....the gun leg is kind of stupid looking for me. Maybe she'll blow herself up walking with a grenade launcher.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's supposed to be cheese. Why doesn't anyone understand this?

Undisclosed
    Yeah, but its Limburger cheese.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    hrmm...okay. I think it's an awesome idea, though.

Super Moderator

UK
    hrmm...okay. I think it's an awesome idea, though.
    Ditto ... a really nifty gimmick, and that's part of what Grindhouse movies are about, have some kind of gimmick you can slap on a poster, so you get that "oh, it's the movie with that chick with a gun for a leg" kinda knowledge out there amongst the laymen...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ditto ... a really nifty gimmick, and that's part of what Grindhouse movies are about, have some kind of gimmick you can slap on a poster, so you get that "oh, it's the movie with that chick with a gun for a leg" kinda knowledge out there amongst the laymen...
    I am not really convinced this isnt going to be cheesy. If they shot on super 16 with a small crew and forced a budget limitation on themselves it might have more flavor
    Y'know old exploitation movies were usually NOT supposed to be cheesy. People were trying to come up with gimmicks and shocks and worked with the $$$ they had. The fact they were were chock full of cheapo FX and wierd script ideas was incidental. People did what they could and ended up with those kind of movies.

When you TRY to make a grindhouse movie you usually end up with 1000 corpses.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    my uncle scored pre showing tickets for next wednesday. im probably going with him, its gonna kick ass