Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When idiots DIE !!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Cool When idiots DIE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    It's like that biker who Peter shoots off his bike. He grabs his Tommy Gun and shoots at everything in front of him except for the closest zombies behind and around to the sides. I always applaud his death when it comes.

And yeah, in 107 I would've ran at the slightest twitch in that barricaded room and if the wood was so flimsy, why didn't the undead break out of there sooner? If a strike from the butt of a gun can open the door then why not 30 zombies?

First off, The scene with the cops who knock the door in is a slap on the face to anyone who can do some critical thinking for more than 5 seconds. Think about it. The way the door was nailed shut, it was done in such a way that it had to be nailed from within. That's why he zombies couldn't break through. They were pushing "with" the door instead of against it. The boards that nailed it shut were just the opposite, they were done from he outside, which is why they came off so easily due to the pressure all the newly released zombies put on it. Moving on to the way they just passed by the swat members like they were not fit to eat. Anybody else find this even slightly wierd? The scene is behaviorly inconsistent on the part of both parties. The swat just standing there not using their weapons and the zombies passing up a fresh meal. And speaking of that, there must have been something in the water supply at building 107 because this wasn't the only scene where a zed passes up the oppertunity for lunch. In the apartment where that cop offs himself roger and another swat team member are wrestling with a female zombie when all of a sudden another one emerges from the bedroom. Game over right? Our hero roger gets bit before the movie even begins right? WRONG!! He just shuffles by totally oblivious to the fact that there's food right in front of him and continues down the hall. I'm not complaining, it's just off. ( Then we wouldn't have had that awsome scene where he take two nice chunks out of his wife!! )

I've heard it said that Only people who get careless get eaten. The main example is usually roger, Who definitely totally lost it by the way, but this is not an isolated case. Ladies and gentleman I turn your attention to exhibit A !! As it pertains to the biker's at the mall I like to refer to them as the holy trinity of dumbass idiots. First we have the guy who Peter shoots off the bike in the escape from the mall. ( who was a real life member of the pagans by the way) I mean what the hell was he shooting at? He made more holes in the cieling than anything. Did he even kill one zombie at the mall. He was probably too concerned about his hair and was signaling the hairdresser. Then we have your boy, the "blood pressure biker." What the hell was this guys deal!!?! His sombraro must have been too tight, cutting off the circulation to his brain such that the effect was total blindness outside a radius of two feet. Couldn't he see hordes of the undead closing in around him? I have to give it to him though, he was vigilant about his health. He just had to know. I'm suprised he didn't stop for a prostate exam and get his colon checked. That leaves us with Tom "fu man chu" Savini. One thing i'd like to say, "lose the blades dude". What was with his Zorro fetish? I mean he's stabbing them in the torso cutting of their hands, when he obviously knows better, All in the hot pursuit of the Chocolate man. i know his name was blades and all, but what's in a name? Would a rose by any another name smell not as sweet? Then he wants to MAke his great escape by swinging from a rope that's suddenly convieniently hanging from the cieling like he's Errol Flynn swinging from a shandelier and sh*t ready to bang the nearest hot chick. ( When did peter or stephen hang this up by the way?) he must have remembered those delicious coconut cream pies he left down stairs. Seriously, These guys obviously suffered from ADHD. They simply were not able to focus on the task at hand. They were annoying and got what they deseved.

Ah, this is truly the movie that keeps on giving. That's why it's the greatest zombie film of all time. Case closed. Ok, rant over. Sorry guys, just had to get that out. I just got up by the way so if it's a little ranty please forgive me. I just read caps post and all these thoughts popped into my head. The opportunity was too good to pass up. If there are any other annoying idiots you feel were justified in getting eaten please feel free to share.
    Last edited by darth los; 12-Jun-2007 at 01:50 PM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Think about it. The way the door was nailed shut, it was done in such a way that it had to be nailed from within. That's why he zombies couldn't break through. They were pushing "with" the door instead of against it.
    This raises two questions.

1. Who the hell is gonna board themselves in with a room full of zombies or even have the time to do so?
    2. With a well placed punch, the average man could quite easily put his fist through a door. I think 30 zombies could pretty much obliterate it!

If there are any other annoying idiots you feel were justified in getting eaten please feel free to share.
    Other than the cigarette guy at the police dock, I would quite like to see the TV host guy get eaten. He says "uh" way too often for my liking.

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed
    First off, The scene with the cops who knock the door in is a slap on the face to anyone who can do some critical thinking for more than 5 seconds. Think about it. The way the door was nailed shut, it was done in such a way that it had to be nailed from within. That's why he zombies couldn't break through. They were pushing "with" the door instead of against it. The boards that nailed it shut were just the opposite, they were done from he outside, which is why they came off so easily due to the pressure all the newly released zombies put on it. Moving on to the way they just passed by the swat members like they were not fit to eat. Anybody else find this even slightly wierd? The scene is behaviorly inconsistent on the part of both parties. The swat just standing there not using their weapons and the zombies passing up a fresh meal. And speaking of that, there must have been something in the water supply at building 107 because this wasn't the only scene where a zed passes up the oppertunity for lunch. In the apartment where that cop offs himself roger and another swat team member are wrestling with a female zombie when all of a sudden another one emerges from the bedroom. Game over right? Our hero roger gets bit before the movie even begins right? WRONG!! He just shuffles by totally oblivious to the fact that there's food right in front of him and continues down the hall. I'm not complaining, it's just off. ( Then we wouldn't have had that awsome scene where he take two nice chunks out of his wife!! )

I've heard it said that Only people who get careless get eaten. The main example is usually roger, Who definitely totally lost it by the way, but this is not an isolated case. Ladies and gentleman I turn your attention to exhibit A !! As it pertains to the biker's at the mall I like to refer to them as the holy trinity of dumbass idiots. First we have the guy who Peter shoots off the bike in the escape from the mall. ( who was a real life member of the pagans by the way) I mean what the hell was he shooting at? He made more holes in the cieling than anything. Did he even kill one zombie at the mall. He was probably too concerned about his hair and was signaling the hairdresser. Then we have your boy, the "blood pressure biker." What the hell was this guys deal!!?! His sombraro must have been too tight, cutting off the circulation to his brain such that the effect was total blindness outside a radius of two feet. Couldn't he see hordes of the undead closing in around him? I have to give it to him though, he was vigilant about his health. He just had to know. I'm suprised he didn't stop for a prostate exam and get his colon checked. That leaves us with Tom "fu man chu" Savini. One thing i'd like to say, "lose the blades dude". What was with his Zorro fetish? I mean he's stabbing them in the torso cutting of their hands, when he obviously knows better, All in the hot pursuit of the Chocolate man. i know his name was blades and all, but what's in a name? Would a rose by any another name smell not as sweet? Then he wants to MAke his great escape by swinging from a rope that's suddenly convieniently hanging from the cieling like he's Errol Flynn swinging from a shandelier and sh*t ready to bang the nearest hot chick. ( When did peter or stephen hang this up by the way?) he must have remembered those delicious coconut cream pies he left down stairs. Seriously, These guys obviously suffered from ADHD. They simply were not able to focus on the task at hand. They were annoying and got what they deseved.

Ah, this is truly the movie that keeps on giving. That's why it's the greatest zombie film of all time. Case closed. Ok, rant over. Sorry guys, just had to get that out. I just got up by the way so if it's a little ranty please forgive me. I just read caps post and all these thoughts popped into my head. The opportunity was too good to pass up. If there are any other annoying idiots you feel were justified in getting eaten please feel free to share.
    also look at the swat man who shouts 'knock it in,knock it in' he's dying to laugh!!!
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

United States

it is the movie that keeps on giving

careless like the guy who gets his blood pressure tested with a horde of flesh hungry zombies surrounding him...that was my favorite biker death
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This raises two questions.

1. Who the hell is gonna board themselves in with a room full of zombies or even have the time to do so?
    2. With a well placed punch, the average man could quite easily put his fist through a door. I think 30 zombies could pretty much obliterate it!
    That's exactly what pisses me off. That's probably the only way it could be done. It wouldn't be the first time there were "inconsistencies" in Gar's films though, Bless his heart. With all that said there's still something that draws me to that movie. I'm willing to overlook all that. Is this what unconditional love feels like cap?

capncnut
    I'm willing to overlook all that. Is this what unconditional love feels like cap?
    Pretty much, your talking to someone who's been humping that movie 2 nights a week for a good 25 years now. In fact, just last week I watched the theatrical, director's, Euro and the 156 min mastercut in the space of a few days. It's unconditional love alright and if a girl asked me to choose, I'd grab her coat and open the door.
    Last edited by capncnut; 12-Jun-2007 at 07:15 PM.

Undisclosed

Question

Pretty much, your talking to someone who's been humping that movie 2 nights a week for a good 25 years now. In fact, just last week I watched the theatrical, director's, Euro and the 156 min mastercut in the space of a few days. It's unconditional love alright and if a girl asked me to choose, I'd grab her coat and open the door.
    I dont know about that one cap...grabin' a chicks coat could leave you grabin' your johnson later on!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's not like guys don't do that anyway DB.

United States

question cappy

Where did you get the 156 minute cut? I only have the version that I'm assuming is theatrical its just over 2 hours but I keep hearing about all these other scenes from everyone on here and yours seems like the best possible most extended version...

And btw you rule i'd ditch anyone if they had a problem with the amount of time I spent watching zombie flicks... one Valentines Day I had to... My boyfriend gave me Dawn 04 as my present and thought I was kidding when I said we're going to watch it and then the origional dawn and then day... etc... yeah he had to go... I miss him sometimes... no one else ever bought me a zombie movie
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Where did you get the 156 minute cut? I only have the version that I'm assuming is theatrical its just over 2 hours but I keep hearing about all these other scenes from everyone on here and yours seems like the best possible most extended version...
    Well the unfortunate thing about the 156 min version is that it's rare as hell and very hard to come by these days. It was originally put together by a German fan named Oliver Krekel in the 80's who spliced together every scene known from the theatrical cut (126 min), the director's cut (139 min) and Dario Argento's very unusual European cut (118 min). It is sometimes known as 'the ultimate final version' but the thing is, it's in German. I'm very lucky in the sense that I have both the German and English language versions of this mastercut on dvd. Both are unofficial though and it takes a lot of digging around online auctions to acquire any kind of copy. However, some do crop up from time to time and I got mine from a guy in Sweden...

...I just wish I had the Japanese version which has a new opening.

An interesting difference is that this version begins by explaining that the zombie holocaust is the result of a meteor exploding over the atmosphere, releasing radiation.

Alternatively, you could just buy the 4 disc Ultimate Edition, which has all three 'official' versions plus two great documentaries; Document Of The Dead (original 1978 making of) and The Dead Will Walk (new 2004 retrospective). Worth every penny and late last year it was retailing for as little as $20!

And btw you rule i'd ditch anyone if they had a problem with the amount of time I spent watching zombie flicks... one Valentines Day I had to... My boyfriend gave me Dawn 04 as my present and thought I was kidding when I said we're going to watch it and then the origional dawn and then day... etc... yeah he had to go... I miss him sometimes... no one else ever bought me a zombie movie
    It's a shame folks don't understand our kind, huh?
    Last edited by capncnut; 13-Jun-2007 at 12:08 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's why we're at this site cap, to be with like minded people on the subjecct of zombies, on other subjects i'm not so sure. But what makes us different it what makes us great. i thought i was an outcast for my love of these movies, but now i see that there are others that love these films as much as i do. It's like in the blind melon video for "no rain" we're the little girl is sad because she's different than everybody only to stumble upon a place where she was considered "normal", relatively i guess.

United States

hah!

I'll see if I can find the Japanese version... I have a friend who speaks and reads Japanese... I shall also use him to find me your version lol...

I wouldn't say its my devotion to zombie flicks and horror movies that makes me drop someone if they can't accept it so much as my general life feeling is ehh... there's another one waiting in line for your spot so get out lol...

Whats funny is i've never met anyone I know personally (except for one person on here I met and befriended but he doesn't count seeing as I know him from here) who enjoys zombie flicks like I do or even loves horror as much as I do except for one person who who likes it but isn't as into it as me... its a damn shame...

capncnut
    I'll see if I can find the Japanese version... I have a friend who speaks and reads Japanese... I shall also use him to find me your version lol...
    Now this is where it gets complicated. There are a few Japanese versions too, as this quote from Wikipedia explains.

The Japanese version distributed by Herald Films saw heavy cuts to Argento's European version, with censors removing practically all instances of violence and gore. Essentially, this version would have amounted to a PG-13 rating in the US — most of the violence was cut around, with the film pausing until the offending frame had passed, while the audio of the scene continued to play.

An interesting difference is that this version begins by explaining that the zombie holocaust is the result of a meteor exploding over the atmosphere, releasing radiation. Herald Films felt that the lack of explanation would confuse viewers, but it also removes the ambiguity that Romero had created.

The film also premiered dubbed on Japanese television, cut even more heavily, with the soundtrack replaced with that of Suspiria and billed Argento as director. Upon massive complaints, this version was never shown again. In 1994, a Zombie: Dawn of the Dead Perfect Collection laserdisc was released by Emotion Video, featuring both the Director's Cut, as well as Argento's Zombi uncut.
    Here's a trailer.

It's also worth pointing out that the rock music you hear playing over this trailer is used relentlessly during the biker scene in the European cut.
    Last edited by capncnut; 13-Jun-2007 at 12:29 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

I wouldn't say its my devotion to zombie flicks and horror movies that makes me drop someone if they can't accept it so much as my general life feeling is ehh... there's another one waiting in line for your spot so get out lol...

Whats funny is i've never met anyone I know personally (except for one person on here I met and befriended but he doesn't count seeing as I know him from here) who enjoys zombie flicks like I do or even loves horror as much as I do except for one person who who likes it but isn't as into it as me... its a damn shame...

Keep looking honey you'll find him. I hate it when people tell me that. I've been dying to spring that line on someone. Don't you just want to strangle people who tell you that sh*t.

United States

ehh

you wanna be my first victim dont you! but strangulation isn't my style it can take ten minutes... i'm a stabber...