Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Creepy Urban Adventures

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland

Creepy Urban Adventures

Here's a video I threw together documenting one of my brief excursions into the maze of tunnels beneath Glasgow. Finding that a usually-padlocked entrance to an abandoned railway tunnel had been damaged, me and my buddy took the opportunity to grab our cameras and head down for a bit of exploration. Eerie place it was too...

capncnut
    Right, 4 mins 47 secs I had to turn off 'cos the music was properly getting on my tits. But I LOVED the atmospherics at the start. Incredible. A nice 15 minute short could be done here, Krackers...

...Raimi style!

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Right, 4 mins 47 secs I had to turn off 'cos the music was properly getting on my tits. But I LOVED the atmospherics at the start. Incredible. A nice 15 minute short could be done here, Krackers...

...Raimi style!
    Come on, you gotta love some Tangerine Dream, sounds Goblin/Carpenteresque which is why I like it. :P

As for atmospheric moviemaking locations - wait till you see the abandoned underground STATION I've been exploring nearby...

United States
    Dude, you have some major balls going through locations like that! Creepy, but intriguing at the same time.
    Good job, brother!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey, Kraken, great shit! I do a lot of "UrbExing" myself. I've posted a couple of threads on here about a few places I've been.

Also, I didn't have the sound on but I saw you said Tangerine Dream is the music... EXCELLENT CHOICE!!!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I'm going to go write a song called "Fuck 70" now in your honor!

Super Moderator

UK
    I think that's the music that plays in the TW@ internet cafes in GTA IV...

"David ... fuck sake!"

You know, someone should make a movie about urban explorers - say they go into a place, and all hell breaks loose - like an "urbexing" version of [Rec] or something.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

"David ... fuck sake!"

You know, someone should make a movie about urban explorers - say they go into a place, and all hell breaks loose - like an "urbexing" version of [Rec] or something.
    pretty sure ive seen a movie about that.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

"David ... fuck sake!"

I've actually been writing a script based around the location of the tunnel system, as well as the abandoned station. Here's some pics of the station:

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I once saw a special on tv about this "urban spelunking". Kinda cool, but I wouldn't do it.

Apparently there are groups of people that are into this sort of thing? http://www.urbanexplorers.net/

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I once saw a special on tv about this "urban spelunking". Kinda cool, but I wouldn't do it.

Apparently there are groups of people that are into this sort of thing? http://www.urbanexplorers.net/
    Spelunking? As in diving into pools of stagnant underground water? No way, man, I'd rather have a threesome with the ladies from 2 Girls 1 Cup - it'd be more hygienic. The water you see in the above clip smelled of sulphur and decay and death, it's probably been sitting there maturing into a bacterial soup for decades. I was terrified of even getting my foot wet. If you fell in there, you would get sick. If you actually went snorkelling in it, you'd probably die and become a permanent feature of the tunnel floor.

England
    Looks cool,always amazes me that such huge structures are just left abandoned when they were once built with purpose,and empty buildings always seem really creepy,especially when decay & mould has set in!
    Ive posted this on here before but heres a look if you missed it.. http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/...r/distant.html

Its an old RAF radar station a few miles away from me,the majority of it being underground!ive been down there myself & its bloody scary, that website gives you a virtual walktrough of it

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Looks cool,always amazes me that such huge structures are just left abandoned when they were once built with purpose,and empty buildings always seem really creepy,especially when decay & mould has set in!
    Exactly! There's something surreal and melancholy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Ive posted this on here before but heres a look if you missed it.. http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/...r/distant.html

Its an old RAF radar station a few miles away from me,the majority of it being underground!ive been down there myself & its bloody scary, that website gives you a virtual walktrough of it
    That looks awesome, I'd love have a scout around there. I have a friend from Irvine who used to hang out at an abandoned munitions factory near his home which (by all accounts) is an incredible place to explore, but the buildings are still on MoD land so it's quite difficult to get in without getting picked up and ferried back out by stern-faced guards with assault rifles.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Spelunking? As in diving into pools of stagnant underground water? No way, man, I'd rather have a threesome with the ladies from 2 Girls 1 Cup - it'd be more hygienic. The water you see in the above clip smelled of sulphur and decay and death, it's probably been sitting there maturing into a bacterial soup for decades. I was terrified of even getting my foot wet. If you fell in there, you would get sick. If you actually went snorkelling in it, you'd probably die and become a permanent feature of the tunnel floor.
    What?

Spelunking is cave diving, man. So urban spelunking is going into abandoned subway systems, buildings, etc. Where'd this water business come from?

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    What?

Spelunking is cave diving, man. So urban spelunking is going into abandoned subway systems, buildings, etc. Where'd this water business come from?
    Pot-holing is cave exploration. Spelunking, I was under the impression, was literally cave diving, like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_diving

You wouldn't wanna do that underneath Glasgow.