Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Facebook has banned this forum :(

Administrator

England

Facebook has banned this forum :(

For some reason, facebook will not allow a link to this forum. It reports the site as having being reported for spam or abuse.

Can I ask any facebookers here to going into the LINK option, and try and link a forum page in facebook (eg: http://forum.homepageofthedead.com) - which will fail with:-

This message contains blocked content that has previously been flagged as abusive or spammy. Let us know if you think this is an error.

Then click "let us know" and fill in the form to say they think the site is OK. Else it will remain blocked
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    I cant do it at work (Facebook banned from our servers) but I'll have a look later! To be honest im growing tired of Facebook, its getting too intrusive with regards advertising. I still like it for keeping in touch with old friends and seeing what they're up to, as well as sharing my photos, but I'm sick of getting spammed through it. I'm hoping this new google+ thing is going to be worth joining, then I'll close my Facebook account

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I cant do it at work (Facebook banned from our servers) but I'll have a look later! To be honest im growing tired of Facebook, its getting too intrusive with regards advertising. I still like it for keeping in touch with old friends and seeing what they're up to, as well as sharing my photos, but I'm sick of getting spammed through it. I'm hoping this new google+ thing is going to be worth joining, then I'll close my Facebook account
    *ahem* You should get an adblocker for your browser.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    *ahem* You should get an adblocker for your browser.
    I don't mean pop-ups though dude, I mean all the adverts that are part of facebook itself, theres a few times I've mentioned things like hobbies or such as a car accident or something either in private chat or on my status, and all of a sudden all those adverts on the right of the news feed page are all about what I've just mentioned, and I also get emails sent to my hotmail account (which is what my facebook is registered to) relating to the same thing. Its only a small irritation but I just find it intrusive that they are obviously tracking words that people use on there in order to direct adverts at them. Facebook is free so I guess thats where they get their revenue, but its annoying!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    For some reason, facebook will not allow a link to this forum. It reports the site as having being reported for spam or abuse.

Can I ask any facebookers here to going into the LINK option, and try and link a forum page in facebook (eg: http://forum.homepageofthedead.com) - which will fail with:-

This message contains blocked content that has previously been flagged as abusive or spammy. Let us know if you think this is an error.

Then click "let us know" and fill in the form to say they think the site is OK. Else it will remain blocked
    Surely we can contact them and rectify this?

Super Moderator

United States
    As requested, I linked, was declined and posted a report on it to facebook.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    "Spammy"?!

To hell with them--FB is way overrated anyway.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    As requested, I linked, was declined and posted a report on it to facebook.
    Thanks! Odd thing is, if you just share normally, and NOT thru the LINK option, it seems happy?!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I don't mean pop-ups though dude, I mean all the adverts that are part of facebook itself, theres a few times I've mentioned things like hobbies or such as a car accident or something either in private chat or on my status, and all of a sudden all those adverts on the right of the news feed page are all about what I've just mentioned, and I also get emails sent to my hotmail account (which is what my facebook is registered to) relating to the same thing. Its only a small irritation but I just find it intrusive that they are obviously tracking words that people use on there in order to direct adverts at them. Facebook is free so I guess thats where they get their revenue, but its annoying!
    AdBlockers block more than pop-ups, dear friend. They block all picture adverts too, and almost all flash adverts (you can also selectively block ones that aren't already blocked) - so therefore no adverts. Facebook does bring up suggested pages of interest to "like" or "join" relating to words you've typed into a status or a post, sure, but that's not uncommon.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    still blocked. i just tried linking this very thread and got the same bullshit message. needless to say, i've fired off a salvo at facebook.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Surely we can contact them and rectify this?
    Contact who? I've looked and couldn't see any contact address for this sort of thing
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    must be working now....

No problems on my end...

hold on....I misunderstood the directions

-- -------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Yeah, I got the message too and submitted error request.

I thought orginally you were asking to do www.homepageofthedead.com.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 18-Jul-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: ....

United States
    Tried, got error message, reported as requested.

Well THIS sucks..
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Administrator

England
    When you report this issue (as described above), the comment suggests you will receive an email. Has anyone got one? I haven't!?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Just double checked my spam folder to be certain: nada.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany