Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: honest thread about women

Chasing Prey

Canada

honest thread about women

ok just one simple question. guys and girls. have any of u been judged/ dumped or otherwise because of something u dont have? i.e. a car, or your own place, etc etc. even when the girl clearly lies to you saying it doesnt matter?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nope, they'd have to be a pretty shallow, skeevy type to do that.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    nope, they'd have to be a pretty shallow, skeevy type to do that.

well im not saying women/men are all like this but certainly all the ones i've run to. u gotta drive em around, THEN pay for dinner and little small things seem to matter. i was thinkin about it earlier, almost lost the thought but it just came back a few minutes ago so i decided to post it.

capncnut
    Only good for one thing...

...making a sammitch.

As for the dumpage, it's generally me that does that.

Edit: Ewww, the way I said that kinda sounded 'up my own ass' but what I meant was that I have usually been the decider. I only got dumped once and that was in my teens because (name withheld)'s Christian parents thought I was bad. Most have been mutual or me calling time.

If anyone ditches their partner because of something material then they are dumb.
    Last edited by capncnut; 17-Nov-2009 at 03:18 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    ok just one simple question. guys and girls. have any of u been judged/ dumped or otherwise because of something u dont have? i.e. a car, or your own place, etc etc. even when the girl clearly lies to you saying it doesnt matter?
    Nothing matters to a woman when she first starts dating you. What you don't understand is; a woman views a man as a piece of clay. Her job is to mold you into the man she really wants, but can't land

Nw, if you don't change to her specifications, she's gonna start minding about shit you didn't even know you do.

The secret to a happy marriage?

"Yes dear, whatever you've decided."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    Nothing matters to a woman when she first starts dating you. What you don't understand is; a woman views a man as a piece of clay. Her job is to mold you into the man she really wants, but can't land

Nw, if you don't change to her specifications, she's gonna start minding about shit you didn't even know you do.

now that is hilarious

on my trek to pittsburgh, a friend i stayed with leveled with me. he goes "u just gotta find a girl whos wierd matches yours." that spoke volumes

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I'm pretty lucky. My girlfriend (partner, I guess, but I hate that word) earns far more than I do and is much more driven and organised than me. We've been together a long time and I know she'd never dump me because of something material - partly because most of the material stuff we own (car, etc.) belongs to her.

I really wouldn't feel happy in a relationship where I felt that stuff like that really mattered. If a girl wants to dump you because you can't chauffeur her around or spend thousands on holidays or whatever, then fuck that - you're better off out of there! It's not a good basis for a relationship. Material girls (and guys) are usually very self-centred and lack any deep passions or convictions - including in the area of relationships: no matter what you do for them, they'll jump on the next dick that comes along if it comes with a bigger bank account.

Part of the problem can be simply meeting the wrong kind of people, which might be due to the social circles you move in, or a personal preference for that kind of girl (initially).

It can also sometimes be that a guy doesn't do enough to appeal to the girl's passionate, caring side - do one romantic thing every day, you don't have to spend much/any money (for these purposes it's best that you don't), just make her feel liked/loved often enough that she wants/needs to be with you emotionally, and not just materially. Essentially, make yourself indispensable in other ways

EDIT: As a side note, even the most selfless girl will take a huff if the guy says outright: "WHAT!? I ain't paying for this!" when you're sitting at a restaurant table. But hey, this is the 21st century, a girl can take a guy out for a meal once in a while too.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 17-Nov-2009 at 08:31 AM.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post

not that you sound bitter or anything...

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

I guess being in an 8 year relationship I've almost forgotten about this stuff...I've never, ever been with a girl who's been more interested in financial attributes than me - if that was the case, I wouldn't have a reason to be with that chick. If all she cares about is money, then 8 years down the line all she'll care about will still be money.

However without wanting my post to sound a bit sexist I have to say, I've never ever been with a girl like that, and have only met one or two. I dunno I think a person with a concept of this stuff will generally swing away from those types of ladies naturally...whilst those high flying city boys might think only once about dating a girl like that...

However I bet it all exists in the back of every bloke's mind on here: "wouldn't it be cool if I got with a new chick and she turned out to be the daughter of a king/millionaire/lottery winner"
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    "u just gotta find a girl whos wierd matches yours."
    I think that's definitely true. It's working for me, anyway.

As for the thread question....yes. I was once dumped because I lost my job. It wasn't like I was living on the streets. I kept my house and everything. I still think it was just a cover up for something else....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    not that you sound bitter or anything...
    Actually, I'm not. Told ya it was the secret to a happy marriage.

Super Moderator

United States
    Byron said it best. All you ever need keep in mind about women, friend...

Fair, as the first that fell of womankind,
    When on that dread yet lovely serpent smiling,
    Whose Image then was stamped upon her mind--
    But once beguiled--and ever more beguiling;

Everything else is evident upon close inspection

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I think that's definitely true. It's working for me, anyway.

As for the thread question....yes. I was once dumped because I lost my job. It wasn't like I was living on the streets. I kept my house and everything. I still think it was just a cover up for something else....

and people thought i was crazy for thinking that.

Canada

i'm not serious

United States
    I think the women who are most shallow are the ones you really shouldn't be dating. Think of it as being better off they dumped you because you dont have something. Everyone I befriended or dated for a long time was with me because of what I had and what I would share with them and when I stopped I lost them. I became pissed off because I felt like I wasn't enough to be friends with (which could be true but that's another topic) but eff that ... I found out what friends werent.
    Last edited by MissJacksonCA; 19-Nov-2009 at 04:06 AM.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Everyone I befriended or dated for a long time was with me because of what I had and what I would share with them and when I stopped I lost them. .
    Hmmm. . . .sounds like somebody used to deal. . . . ..
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."