Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst 27 days of my life. >:(

United States

Thumbs down Worst 27 days of my life. >:(

before I go any further I have to say all charges were dropped.

From July 12th to Today has been the worst 27 days of my life. I was arrested for the

Aggravated Assault - 2nd Degree Felony
    Aggravated Battery - 2nd Degree Felony
    Aggravated Rape - 1st Degree Felony

Of a 21 y/o women down the street from me. The only evidence they had against me at the time was I looked like the guy that did it. They came in my room and looked around all the cops thought I was some sick-o because of all my horror dvds, posters, Romero stuff..

My lawyer said he could get me 6 Years at a juvenile gladiator camp and then 24 years in a adult prison. I fired him and rejected the plea bargain.

They also took my DNA and compared it to the semen collected off the victim. The victim was drunk and on some date rape drug at the time. She could not say it wasnt me by sight alone.

My parents were mortified by this whole situation. FINNALY my DNA came up as not matching the DNA collected off the victim. It matched a convicted sex offender a few streets down. So did the finger prints at the scene. I was released from jail today. All charges dropped.

-------
    What its like in jail if your charged with a sex crime.

Not fun. Depending on your charges your put in prison pods or misdomener pods. I was thrown in a pod of 26 other inmates that were due to go to prison. I kept quite of my charges even thought I knew I was innocent and would soon be found innocent. One guy was charged with sex crime against a child. Once the other inmates found that out they bashed his head in with a 25 pound weight. Food sucked.

anyways im just glad its over and I can continue my life

England
    **** man!hope your ok & im glad you've been proved innocent!hope your in line for some compo after that!
    Makes you wonder how many people have been jailed for a long time when they didnt do anything,especially in the days before DNA testing

Kazakhstan
    jesus christ man!

thank f**k justice prevailed both ways, glad to see you are ok!!!

although you do realise the shawshank cody jokes will never end now
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Holy ****, dude! I'm glad you got out unscathed!

It's a shame they can jail you for however long they want but when they find out you're not guilty and set you free, there is no way of returning that portion of your life you spent in jail.

Undisclosed
    thank god for d.n.a testing and welcome back bro...

United States
    Science triumphs again!

Welcome back to the outside, dude.

Hope you sue the hell out of them and collect some big settlement from the city!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    Terrifying, man. Fvcking, terrifying...

Thank providence for the DNA test. Anyway...my best to you and I hope you can pick up well enough where you left off 27 days ago.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    We almost lost our blowjob guy.

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    My lawyer said he could get me 6 Years at a juvenile gladiator camp and then 24 years in a adult prison. I fired him and rejected the plea bargain.
    What kind of piece of sheet lawyer was that? Lemmie guess, Legal Aid.

Anyway glad to hear you got out of that sheet.

Super Moderator

UK
    F*cking hell!

Glad, as others have said, justice prevailed. But what the hell happened to innocent until proven guilty?!

I thought that if there's no evidence to convict, you're not banged up, because as your case shows, someone can be banged up who hasn't done squat.

That is a shocking story. I say sue somebody, anybody or everybody. I think it's completely messed up that you can get slammed up with no evidence against you beyond the word of the victim who was clearly not of sound mind after the assault, nor was she clear of mind during the incident...and "look like" is really vague, how on earth could you get banged up for that whilst the case was processed...I don't know much about the criminal justice system, but that is messed up beyond belief! I truly am shocked.

I'm just glad you're back out, proven innocent and without a scratch on you. As someone else already said - we almost lost our "blowjob guy"!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Man....I'm sorry. I thought a few days in jail was horrible, but 27? And you weren't even the right guy. That's some f*cked up sh*t right there, man.

United States
    I would sue the hell out of them.

Think about it. Blowjob guy is innocent, not even sentenced but spends 27 days inside. How many days did Paris Hilton spend inside?
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Cody, as your psychiatrist I really think that you've suffered severe, irreversible, mental trauma from serving time; your life will now be riddled with anxiety, phobia, insomnia, and nightmares just for starters. I'd suggest seeking your lawyer and repeating that to him.

United States

Well this is how it was

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    What kind of piece of sheet lawyer was that? Lemmie guess, Legal Aid.

Anyway glad to hear you got out of that sheet.
    well, the State of Florida wanted to give me 40 years but he got me 30 if I admited guilt right then. If I didnt admit guilt they wouldnt of even sent my DNA to the lab. Naturally I said not guilty.

Being in jail didnt bother me. I kept to myself about my charges.

The only thing that did bother me was being brought into a court room in foot and hand cuffs wearing inmate clothing seeing my parents crying. Its degrading. I did get over 7 appologies from the jail guards though, they treated me like $hit because of what I was charged with.

I'm glad its over im not going to sue. I never want to be in court again.

Good news is my Dad is grilling steak for me and I've never had so much Mountain Dew in my life

anyways its good to be back

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    well, the State of Florida wanted to give me 40 years but he got me 30 if I admited guilt right then. If I didnt admit guilt they wouldnt of even sent my DNA to the lab. Naturally I said not guilty.

Being in jail didnt bother me. I kept to myself about my charges.

The only thing that did bother me was being brought into a court room in foot and hand cuffs wearing inmate clothing seeing my parents crying. Its degrading. I did get over 7 appologies from the jail guards though, they treated me like $hit because of what I was charged with.

I'm glad its over im not going to sue. I never want to be in court again.

Good news is my Dad is grilling steak for me and I've never had so much Mountain Dew in my life

anyways its good to be back
    Brother, they deserve to pay. You deserve a lot more than apologies. It is the prinicipal of the matter and they need to be taught a bigtime lesson....