Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever notice this?

United States

Anyone ever notice this?

Forgive me if this also has already been discussed. But has anyone ever noticed that when one of the police dock cops is climbing into the boat, he's carrying one of those civil defense survival boxes that are all stacked in the room where they live in the monroeville mall? was this done because they were just props or is there something more to this?
    Attached Images

United States
    BTW forgive the irrelevant image, just thought it was cool!

United States
    Yes I have noticed that before. It is probably a combination of two things..
    1) it was probably used just because it was a prop they were already using in the mall and
    2) I always assumed that cop-types would have access to that kind of thing, and since he couldnt find any cigarettes, he grabbed something else he figured he might need in the future.

Undisclosed
    i'm really scared

United States
    yeah, thats what i thought. but i guess ut could all just be an inconsistancy in the story like darth los suggested to me earlier. anyhow, thnx for the reply!!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by trancelikestate
    Forgive me if this also has already been discussed. But has anyone ever noticed that when one of the police dock cops is climbing into the boat, he's carrying one of those civil defense survival boxes that are all stacked in the room where they live in the monroeville mall? was this done because they were just props or is there something more to this?

Back in the 50's and 60's it was very common for Civil Defense to stock fallout shelters and air raid shelters with MRE'S and Civil Defense suppies that were all packaeged in the same plain brown wrappers.

So it would be no surprise for a Police Officer to have a Civil Defense box of supplies and they would be the same supplies that were in every other shelter.

Recently here in New York an old bomb shelter was unearthed and the NYC government made a big deal out of finding it. They showed pictures of the boxes stocked in the shelter and they looked very much like the ones in the movie.

Mayor Bloomberg and some members of the city council even tasted some of the food that had been stored away for at least 40 to 50 years!

United States
    no offense, but some of you need to see a head shrinker, too many of yous dissect these movies WAY too much

you could sit here til jesus comes back asking "why" questions

it's a movie, for entertainment, accept & move forward

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by creepntom
    no offense, but some of you need to see a head shrinker, too many of yous dissect these movies WAY too much

If it wasn't for dissecting, this board would barely exist.
    It's MORE than entertainment, As far as I am concerned
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed

Creepntom,

If you are not here to discuss and dissect these films, why are you here?

That is what we do here! There are plenty of message boards out there for folks who wish criticize and bash others for their net habits and life obssesions. Fortunately for us, this board is not one of them.

I've asked a million times, but I'll ask again:

What is it with these folks who pop onto a thread and post a reply of this nature? If you simply are trying to entice hatred or negativity, then I can see it, but what does that comment add to this discussion that is positive????

NOTHING!

You ain't gonna fit in real well here Tom with those type responses. Perhaps that is your aim, no worries, we have dealt with those types around here for years! MOST of them don't last very long!!!

Cheers!!!

Oh, one more thing, gotta love those folks who think they know what I "need".

Your right Tom, there are times when I certainly need a head shrink (er??? wtf), but it damn sure isn't caused by this board or the discussions that arise here!
    Last edited by dmbfanintn; 15-Aug-2006 at 03:33 PM.
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by GRMonLI
    Back in the 50's and 60's it was very common for Civil Defense to stock fallout shelters and air raid shelters with MRE'S and Civil Defense suppies that were all packaeged in the same plain brown wrappers.

So it would be no surprise for a Police Officer to have a Civil Defense box of supplies and they would be the same supplies that were in every other shelter.

Recently here in New York an old bomb shelter was unearthed and the NYC government made a big deal out of finding it. They showed pictures of the boxes stocked in the shelter and they looked very much like the ones in the movie.

Mayor Bloomberg and some members of the city council even tasted some of the food that had been stored away for at least 40 to 50 years!
    wow! thnx for that info. i guess i prob coulda figured but it is fun to discuss. thnx for givin my thread some love! as for you creepntom, those guys's comments pretty much covered it i think.

United States

If you do not want to discuss the movies why then did you even bother to register here???

This is the "Dead Discussion" board...so we DISCUSS.

Off with you child......we dont need any trolls here!!!!!
    Last edited by GRMonLI; 15-Aug-2006 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    well that rattled some chains

discussing movies is one thing, but you have to admit some of these "what if" questions are kinda out of the realm, at least from where i stand

there's no emoticon for sarcasm, sorry if some of yous perceived it as anything else but with the shrink comment

tell you what, i'l try & keep from being a wise ass(too much ) with some of these scenarios as long as some of my responses are accepted as sarcasm

that's the best i can offer as far as that goes

sorry for derailing your thread dude

United States
    well that rattled some chains

discussing movies is one thing, but you have to admit some of these "what if" questions are kinda out of the realm, at least from where i stand

there's no emoticon for sarcasm, sorry if some of yous perceived it as anything else but with the shrink comment

tell you what, i'l try & keep from being a wise ass(too much ) with some of these scenarios as long as some of my responses are accepted as sarcasm

that's the best i can offer as far as that goes

sorry for derailing your thread dude
    Hey you didnt de-rail anything. I didnt even say anything to you, besides they covered it no offense taken man, but maybe were bigger fans than you?

Banned User

United States
    I read about that New York thing on AOL news, GRMonLI.

It was in one of the Bridges, actually...and they said they found hundreds of crates of hard-tack style biscuits. One of the guys who tried one said that it tasted like cardboard! LOL!

United States
    Until the 1980's the local public schools used to keep both civil defense food and water stockpiled.