Thread: Help Me Win The Diary Of The Dead Short Film Contest

ViP

United States

Help Me Win The Diary Of The Dead Short Film Contest

Go here and vote thumbs up for my video please!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2094719382

If you don't like it, and don't want to vote thumbs up, please don't vote at all. Help out the HPOTD bretheren!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    done eric. thumbs up.

(in comicbook guy voice) "worst birthday ever."
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Hell, even I gave a thumbs up for that. The scalping was the shiznit!

ViP

United States
    Thanks!

See, I told you I don't plan on getting in front of the camera again

ViP

United States
    Voting is up this Friday, if you haven't already, please check it out and vote Booyah!, thanks!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    eric let me say that even if you don't win i thought that short was really, really good.

i watched it last week and gave it the thumbs up but wanted to watch it a few times before putting up any real comments.

i think the reason i like it so much is that you took a happy, but yet rather mundane occasion, a little b-day party gathering and turned it into a horrorshow. i like how it turns on a dime from "happy birthday" to "let's get the f**k out of dodge."

what did you use for that scalping scene? that was pretty cool.

my only real criticisms are:

elton looked like a pretty big fellow and it seems like he went down without much of a fight.

the guys fleeing in the cars - leaving the windows rolled down seemed a bit convieninet for the zombies.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    i think the reason i like it so much is that you took a happy, but yet rather mundane occasion, a little b-day party gathering and turned it into a horrorshow. i like how it turns on a dime from "happy birthday" to "let's get the f**k out of dodge."
    I agree, the situation was well portrayed I think. Also, a noticeable shift upward in terms of professionalism, this is most definitely a worthy little entry.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    elton looked like a pretty big fellow and it seems like he went down without much of a fight.

the guys fleeing in the cars - leaving the windows rolled down seemed a bit convieninet for the zombies.
    It isn't very easy to tell, but the zombies actually open the doors. You could say why didn't we lock the doors? These guys have no idea what is going on whatsoever, and have never heard of George A. Romero. They think if they get to the next block they can find some help and be safe.

Alton does go down pretty easy, I agree. The point of the scene is that Gary is a self-centered coward, and flees at the first sign of danger. We didn't know that he'd get infected by a bite, so he could have easily been saved in our eyes.

The scalping scene was done using a bald cap, then a paper mache cap painted red, and then a wig attached to the paper mache cap. We had blood tubes pumping to her scalp but it doesn't really show up. We also had blood tubes pumping on the guy that gets attacked on the back porch, but that doesn't show either.

The biggest compliment that anyone can give me on this entry is that they thought it was a real birthday party, and perhaps they had stumbled upon the wrong video or something. Once the shate hits the fan it doesn't let up, and I love that about it.

Assuming that this doesn't make it to the final 5, I plan on making a longer version. It'll proabably be around 7 to 9 minutes.

Thanks again for the votes of confidence!