Thread: ? on NOTLD 40th conventions

Undisclosed

? on NOTLD 40th conventions

I noticed in all these 40th anniversary conventions popping up across
    the country for their tour - Judy Ridley is missing.

Anyone know why she isn't participating?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by C5NOTLD View Post
    I noticed in all these 40th anniversary conventions popping up across
    the country for their tour - Judy Ridley is missing.

Anyone know why she isn't participating?
    She has only participated in one convention, I think that was the zombie Jamboree back in 93.

She's never been one for the convention scene, I know people have tried to get her to be a guest but to no avail, just not her thing, maybe she'll change her mind this year

Administrator

England
    Moved to the correct forum.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    She wasn't at the Zombie Jamboree, but she was promoted as one of the guests. However, I was at the convention and it was announced she couldn't make it due to a "family commitment."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGovernor View Post
    She wasn't at the Zombie Jamboree, but she was promoted as one of the guests. However, I was at the convention and it was announced she couldn't make it due to a "family commitment."
    Was Keith Wayne a guest at the Jamboree? I saw video of the NIGHT reunion panel, and neither Judith Ridley or Keith Wayne participated.

UPDATE: Actually answering my own question here. Keith Wayne was a guest at the Zombie Jamboree, he just didn't appear on the panel discussion that I saw.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 06-Mar-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Undisclosed
    If I remember correctly Keith Wayne arrived late at the Jamboree on the first day. He was surprised by the fan's reaction and by the end of the Jamboree was interested in getting back into acting. So it was surprising to hear about his suicide in Sept of 1995. He was the only one that I didn't recognize (changed the most). I have some photos - I'll have to dig them out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGovernor View Post
    Are you sure? I left before the final day and later heard she came the last day??
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 06-Mar-2008 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Yeah, Keith Wayne was pretty cool as was everyone else.

Yeah, I'm 99% sure Judy Ridley wasn't there. I was there all three days and never saw her and she didn't appear at the panel discussions, the Night re-premiere or the autograph sessions.

I also found it odd that George Kosana wasn't there. I recently met him at a 'burgh con and asked him about it. He didn't really answer why he didn't come. Maybe he wasn't invited or something.

Lori Cardille did make a surprise appearance however on Sunday.

Undisclosed
    There are many people involved with NIGHT that I wish we could meet at the shows.

Bill Cardille, Dave James, Regis Survinski and Ella Mae Smith (and probably many others) still live around Pittsburgh. Image Ten had Chuck Craig re-do his radio reports for the 30th anniversary edition, why not have him as a convention guest? He has more screen time in the film than some of the convention regulars.

It's my feeling that if we don't get to meet some of these folks and hear their stories for the 40th anniversary, it will never happen.

Undisclosed
    Bill Cardille did show up for the zombie jamboree.
    You're right though - I wish others would get to the shows as well.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by C5NOTLD View Post
    Bill Cardille did show up for the zombie jamboree.
    You're right though - I wish others would get to the shows as well.
    "Chilly Billy" has been appearing at conventions for some time, though I don't believe at any shows outside of the western PA area. He really needs to be added to the NOLD tour.

Here's a great behind-the-scenes NOLD photo from Cardille's web site, Chiller Theatre Memories: http://www.chillertheatermemories.com/noldbill23.jpg

(Left to right): Bill Cardille, Dave James, Marilyn Eastman, George Romero.

Dave James, a newscaster, is the ghoul that takes a great fall following a gunshot to the head. He's still in the Pittsburgh area; he posted his condolences when Karl Hardman passed away.