Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: YES! I saw a poster at my local theatre

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    That pisses me off! I've heard that you guys have alcohol served in your theaters and we don't! At least not in my area or any that i've seen.

I would kill to have a few mugs of beer at the theater...
    They have bars within the same complex. Not actually IN the cinema so you can't buy a drink and saunter into the screen to watch the movie. Its much easier to just buy some form of alcohol and smuggle it in.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    They have bars within the same complex. Not actually IN the cinema so you can't buy a drink and saunter into the screen to watch the movie. Its much easier to just buy some form of alcohol and smuggle it in.
    Not for me, my local only has five screens and two bars, each having a large window that overlooks screen one and two.

Super Moderator

UK
    My local is 13 screens and has a bar ... but a 40 minute drive doesn't mix well with a bar.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I hear ya. I've done it. But it's harder to smuggle in a few beers instead of liquor. I don't want to get drunk...just sip on some beer in the theater.

I thought some UK cinemas had bars INSIDE. That would be my dream....

United States
    well, bassman, if you ever get up towards st. louis, there's a killer place called the moolah and they show great films (they've recently played the big lebowski and snatch) and have a full bar, leather couches, etc. you can take your drinks inside the theater with you, too.

"Moolah Theatre & Lounge offers an unparalleled movie-going experience with plush leather couches, balcony seating, a gorgeous massive dome with ever-changing planetarium-esque lights, a full bar with an extensive list of selection and "state of the art" sound and projection system. In its second year, Moolah Theatre & Lounge has already hosted events such as "St. Louis Magazine FEVER Fall Fashion Show", "RFT's Best of St Louis Party", and "St. Louis' Official Academy Award Party" to name a few and also has been awarded The Best Movie Theater of 2005 by Riverfront Times Best of St. Louis. A whole new theatre experience, a different kind of concept comes to life with Saint Louis Cinemas. Enjoy the difference with St. Louis Cinemas. STL Cinemas operate the three best theaters in town; Chase Park Plaza Cinemas, Galleria 6 Cinemas, Moolah Theater & Lounge."

AMENITIES

Single big screen 20'x45'
    State of the art optical projection systems and Dolby® Digital surround sound
    Seating for 400
    Leather loveseat and couch seating
    Full balcony
    Like the movie palaces of the past utilizing its Historic and Unique Moorish Design
    Full bar either as a destination or for enjoying a drink inside the theater
    Discerning film programing
    Available for rent for special events
    Presentation of live events via satellite

if ya ever make it up this way, check it out.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 04-Mar-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    well, bassman, if you ever get up towards st. louis, there's a killer place called the moolah and they show great films (they've recently played the big lebowski and snatch) and have a full bar, leather couches, etc. you can take your drinks inside the theater with you, too.

I doubt I'll be up that way anytime soon, but damn if you didn't just give me a PERFECT idea for my next business venture.

There's no theater IN my town...now I'm opening one. A few screens for all ages and a few for adults with a bar. Awesome.

England
    I'm not sure how I would feel about a bar IN a cinema. Its bad enough having idiots talking through the movie without them being juiced up as well ruining it for everyone else. I prefer empty screenings where you can kick back and enjoy the experience. I'm quite a reserved guy but too many times recently I've had to tell people to shut the f#%k up and stop talking loudly.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm not sure how I would feel about a bar IN a cinema. Its bad enough having idiots talking through the movie without them being juiced up as well ruining it for everyone else. I prefer empty screenings where you can kick back and enjoy the experience. I'm quite a reserved guy but too many times recently I've had to tell people to shut the f#%k up and stop talking loudly.
    That's a very vaild point. I would enjoy the bar and the movie and keep to myself, but you're right that others would get tanked and ruin that for me.

Hopefully that wouldn't be the case. Very good point though, man.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    That's a very vaild point. I would enjoy the bar and the movie and keep to myself, but you're right that others would get tanked and ruin that for me.

Hopefully that wouldn't be the case. Very good point though, man.
    agree totally. there would, unfortunately, be some people who would get completely polluted and start to re-enact the movie or, worse yet, pretend like they are in it. if you are in certain areas of the country this just might include shooting it out with the bad guys on the screen.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    actually the ones around were i live do, in the deluxe screens, theres a smaller bar foiye before the actual screen, with a few sofas and crap and you can just grab a beer and take it in, granted it means the tickets like 14 bucks but if you like beer it might be worth it, i go for the lazyboy seats myself

Administrator

England
    There's a bit of hope. Here's a message from my cinema...

Unfortunately I cannot tell you if we will be showing this film at all, due to a number of reasons we are not showing it this coming week, but after its first week has ended we may well be showing it. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Which cinema is your's Neil? A brand or an independent?

Hellsing - at my nearest Cineworld you can hire out Screen 13 (my favourite screen, by the way) for a party which includes a bar, which as you said is in a little foyer outside the main screen. I think you can even request a film to be shown in a birthday sesh circumstance.

capncnut
    Actually, I just come back from my local cinema (passing while doing the rounds) and I've been assured any snack/beverage bought on the premises can be taken into the screening rooms, including booze. Top flight! Four double Jack Daniels it is and four beers on a tray, thank you.

England
    I see Jonathon Woss didn't like it. In short, said Romero's past it, compared it to Cloverfield and criticised the camera technique as not being very convincing. Im not gonna slate Wossy for this because no-one else in the UK mainstream media has done anywhere near as much for horror/cult movies as this guy. He did make the point that had he seen this in the comfort of his own home with likeminded friends he wouldn't have been as critical because its not really a cinematic experience type of movie. Fits in with what other people have said on here.
    All the clips they showed i hadn't seen before and there were plenty of them more than any other film he reviewed. They spoiled the Amish farmer part (which i pissed myself at) as well. They also showed some tense scenes and the acting looked pretty good to me, couldn't fault it at all.

Roll on Saturday.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Pfft, Ross can suck my balls. He slated Land of the Dead as well, I really don't like his film reviewing style, nor do I like him on Film2008. He's such an ill fit for it.

Woss can go blow a goat. He either sucks the cock off something or he's throwing up all over it, christ.