Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 110 reasons in 110 minutes why Yawn04 blows (for the Dawn04 haters)...

Undisclosed
    I thought the movie was good enough, but I agree with the majority of what the list has on it. Some I am not so bitter about but I really hated the character of Anna. Really hated her. I know we are supposed to sympothize with her, but she forgets her bf in a few weeks and is ready to move on (alright fine but you watched him die and come after you, that has to count for something but we are all ready for some love right away), she always wants a plan, but aside from saying that someone else needs to come up with a plan she is useless, she rants at Michael for wanting to kill a bit guy, but then a few minutes later he just gets killed anyway. What was the difference? Michael didn't do it but the guy is no less dead and his daughter is no less fatherless. That seems more like selfish reasons that anything because all that changed is the hand pulling the trigger, yeah for Ms. morality. When all the guys are on the roof killing time by killing zombies I was confused as to why she was so judgemental right away of them. It might have been a joke, but I am not sure what she was getting at. They were picking targets and such but it was no worse than what a group of just random people do when talking at a bar or something. Although you usually don't kill anyone at a bar.

Just hated that character so much, and then there were just to many random and pointless characters whose entire purpose in life was to die or to be annoying. Can't add to much more to what was said in those 110 reasons really. I don't think the movie was bad, not as good as the real thing, but not bad for a modern zombie film. Could have been much better though. To me it almost came off as more of a 28 Days Later knock off than a Dawn of the Dead remake.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Sorry, it's still better entertainment than Land.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Hoosier View Post
    Oh, snnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnap! Dead Hoosier went there

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I'm waiting for your list on Citizen Kane Minion.

Not that Dawn'04 is in any way Citizen Kane, it's just that this could be done to anymovie that someone dislikes.
    Last edited by clanglee; 12-Mar-2008 at 06:05 AM.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, but I'm doing it to sh*t dead movies. That's the point.

I'm probably gonna do one for Craptagium and COTLD.

But Citizen Kane was a superb piece of cinema.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    DISCLAIMER: I do NOT want this turning into a Land VS Dawn04 thread.
    TOO LATE!

97 reasons in 97 minutes why Land of the Dead Sucks (93 Minutes for you Region 2-er's)

IT JUST SUCKED x 93 or 97(for us URDC owners)

MZ, You cannot make a post like this and expect me to just sit back and not only stick the knife into LAND, but twist it around and move it up and down for good measure.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Well if you want to do that, by all means. Heck, there's been shedloads of Land blasting. This list was done because:

A) I fancied a laugh.
    B) It was requested.

If someone wants to do a bitch list for Land, by all means. I won't read it, but each to their own.

I must say I'm disappointed in my fellow Yawn04 haters (for whom this thread was aimed) for not joining in.

Also, if an originator requests something of their own thread, the members should do their utmost to respect the originator's request when one is made. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes it does, so it's just a thing out of respect when asked nicely.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Mar-2008 at 12:24 PM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    DISCLAIMER: I do NOT want this turning into a Land VS Dawn04 thread.

Well, it was requested, so here it be.

Truthfully, I didn't expect to get over 100, so even I'm a little surprised...but only by a bit.

Decided to post them on my blog, rather than, just so I don't have to censor the voluminous amount of swearing.

Consider this my definitive list of reasons why I hate Yawn04 ... well, kinda ... at least in terms of what's on screen. The other main reason was the script, which I thought was atrocious, and that's kinda reflected in this list.

Also consider it a bit of fun in itself. And again, I don't want this to turn into yet another Land VS Dawn04 thread, cheers.

PART ONE:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/03...yawn04-is.html

PART TWO:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/03...hy-yawn04.html

Enjoy.
    You missed out hubbies eyes going all funny (in just a few mins)! And of course this didn't seem to happen to any other zombies!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Nah the eye thing didn't bother me a huge amount ... and it did happen to other zombies, like the fat bint in the wheel barrow, or Steve when he finally fulfills the destiny he laid out for himself an hour prior.

I was more groaning at the animal/dinosaur/cougar-like noises they made. They may be zombies, but they've still got human vocal chords.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Did you honestly expect people NOT to mention Land? I don't see why they're even still comparing the two, anyway....

Good list, though. A few things I haven't ever picked up on. There's some more that I know I could add but I just can't remember them right now. It's definitely not worth watching all over again.

Maybe if I see it on TV, I'll watch a few minutes of it and remember them. The Starz Black channel plays it every 10 minutes it seems. Funny that a channel directed towards black people plays it when the two black characters are some of the most generic, cardboard, and cookie cutter characters ever on film. They could've just inserted this guy into the movie twice and it would have the same effect:
    Last edited by bassman; 12-Mar-2008 at 02:53 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    You missed out hubbies eyes going all funny (in just a few mins)! And of course this didn't seem to happen to any other zombies!
    The fat lady zombies eyes went funny. So yes it did happen to another zombie.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    The fat lady zombies eyes went funny. So yes it did happen to another zombie.
    Really? Oh! That still sucked though (IMHO).

It sort of felt like they were spoon feeding you cos they think the audience is dumb... Look this person is not human anymore, look their eyes have gone all horrible...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wah Wah Wah

You gus are just mad cause the remake is the best zombie film of the last 15 years (Since Night 90) and it kicked Land of the Deads ass. j/k

Though it has its problems, Dawn 04 is a great zombie film. It may pale in comparison to the original, but wheter it is a remake, or stand alone film it still kicks ass.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    Wah Wah Wah

You gus are just mad cause the remake is the best zombie film of the last 15 years (Since Night 90) and it kicked Land of the Deads ass. j/k

Though it has its problems, Dawn 04 is a great zombie film. It may pale in comparison to the original, but wheter it is a remake, or stand alone film it still kicks ass.
    I agree... It's definately good fun, but the script just has too many low IQ elements to it - Stupid characters doing too many stupid things..

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Hoosier View Post
    Ummm... You start getting into difficult ground when you start using this as a 'standard'.

For example, I didn't find 'Shindlers List' entertaining, and suspect I could never watch it again, but it is an absolutely astoundingly good film!

Dawn04 could be considered more entertaining than Land, but I find the lack of much else to be too frustrating for me...
    Last edited by Neil; 12-Mar-2008 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Wah Wah Wah

You gus are just mad cause the remake is the best zombie film of the last 15 years (Since Night 90).
    The Zombie Diaries and Diary Of The Dead are both better zombie films than Dawn 04. And their zombies don't have superpowers.