Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 110 reasons in 110 minutes why Yawn04 blows (for the Dawn04 haters)...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This thread seems to be turning into yet another "My johnson is bigger than yours!!!"....

United States
    Well it is!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    This thread seems to be turning into yet another "My johnson is bigger than yours!!!"....
    That's what this thread was always going to turn in to, despite the protest to the contrary. All in all, however, MZ did throw a good few reasons together, though much of it is very subjective opining (which is all well and good).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I don't think Snyder thought Dawn04 to be anything more than what it was -- a good horror/action flick (with perhaps the best opening in the genre's history), pretty simple-minded, and a great homage to the original. It's the Romero WORSHIPERS -- the same people that critisized Land haters for having too big of expectations -- that have since knocked it.

United States
    Really just because Romero created the genre, does that mean every zombie film that is created has to follow his rules?

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    It does if you endlessly bob on Romero's knob ... like Minion.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Hoosier View Post
    It does if you endlessly bob on Romero's knob ... like Minion.
    Uh oh....I don't want to be around here when he comes back....

I also like to add that Return zombies run, but people have no problem with them.
    Last edited by Doc; 13-Mar-2008 at 02:40 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    If a post originator specifically requests their post to stay on topic, it's the duty of the members to be respectful, no matter who it is.

Also, how dare anybody come to a George Romero zombie movie website and actually like or love the guy's movies, I mean ... SHOCKING.

The intention of this post and this list was to aim it at my fellow Yawn04 haters. As I've said before, if the Land haters wanna do up their own list to make themselves feel better, by all means. I won't read it, because it wouldn't be aimed at folk of my opinion.

That was the purpose of this list, a bit of fun for like-minded thinkers. But you all have to come in and suck the fun out of it...you should all be politicians.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

The intention of this post and this list was to aim it at my fellow Yawn04 haters. As I've said before, if the Land haters wanna do up their own list to make themselves feel better, by all means. I won't read it, because it wouldn't be aimed at folk of my opinion.

That was the purpose of this list, a bit of fun for like-minded thinkers. But you all have to come in and suck the fun out of it...you should all be politicians.
    Ok, ok......But I think you got a name of one of the characters in your list wrong.

Super Moderator

UK
    Which name?

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    No offense Minion, it was meant in jest. I doubt any Land list is necessary since we've beaten it to death. With Diary out, you'd think such conversations would be a thing of the past -- at least for a while -- but because SO few people have seen it still, I guess we need something to argue about

Super Moderator

UK
    Hence why I requested it not turn into a Land VS Dawn04 thread (along with other, aforementioned, reasons).

It is written in the Rules/FAQ after all.

Just trying to have a bit of fun with my fellow Yawn04 haters, but all the fun gets sucked out of it...

United States
    *looks around* What other Yawn haters? All I see is you!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    *looks around* What other Yawn haters? All I see is you!
    I'm not a Dawn04 hater - But I'm frustrated by how unecessarily 'empty' it is!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    *sigh*

A quick jaunt into the myriad of Land vs Dawn04 threads will pluck up such names.

Now quit laming my thread out. Geez, can't have any fun around here!