Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Robocop film...

Super Moderator

UK
    Bassman - "Tales from the Clerks" is a collection of the comics/graphic novels of the Askewniverse (Kevin Smith). It's got the Clerks 2 prequel story, the Clerks comics, Chasing Dogma, and the Bluntman & Chronic comics too as well as a bunch of artwork that was used in the likes of Mallrats. Good read for Smith/comic fans.

Craig - get the two disc ultimate edition of T2. The Region 1 has both versions (theatrical and special edition), while the Region 2 equivalent only has the Special Edition on it, but the DVD is PACKED with bonus material. I got it a few years back and it's a great DVD.

Robocop - ah mate it's awesome. I've got the R1 20th anniversary edition on my wish list (which has the theatrical AND director's cuts on it). *rubs hands*

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Craig - get the two disc ultimate edition of T2. The Region 1 has both versions (theatrical and special edition), while the Region 2 equivalent only has the Special Edition on it, but the DVD is PACKED with bonus material. I got it a few years back and it's a great DVD.
    Unless I'm gonna miss a better version of the film by buying the 1 disc version I'm gonna go with that. I'm just not one for special features :P

Super Moderator

UK
    What's the point getting a DVD and not caring about features? Besides, the 2-disc ultimate T2 DVD is probably well cheap by now, been out for years.

Undisclosed
    What if they did another Robocop movie, but made it rated R, brought back Peter Weller, and the original creaters of the first and/or second movie?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    What if they did another Robocop movie, but made it rated R, brought back Peter Weller, and the original creaters of the first and/or second movie?
    It would still bomb. The time has passed for poor ol' Robo.

Super Moderator

UK
    And they'd just be trying to make Robocop 1 again, which is pointless.

If you're going to re-launch, it has to be done right (Batman Begins), otherwise it's a lame cash-in or ghey remake.

Wasn't there a slew of cheap-ass Robocop sequels, like 4, 5 and 6? All gash no doubt.

United Kingdom
    What's the point getting a DVD and not caring about features? Besides, the 2-disc ultimate T2 DVD is probably well cheap by now, been out for years.
    Well mainly I buy a DVD of a film I've already seen if I've only got a recorded version off the telly on VHS. The 'behind the scenes' and 'making of' things seem to take a way a bit of the magic of movies for me, plus I don't find it that interesting either.
    Last edited by Craig; 16-Mar-2008 at 12:40 AM.

Australia
    Robocop is one of my favourite movies. It's one of those 80's movies that actually still holds up today (in my opinion) & is just as enjoyable to watch now as it was then.

So, if this is a remake - it's extremely unnessesary. If it is a new chapter in Robocop then it might be interesting.
    zombies
    eat flesh.

United States
    Wasn't there a slew of cheap-ass Robocop sequels, like 4, 5 and 6? All gash no doubt.
    I believe they were episodes of the TV series, edited together to make them "movies" (I used the term loosely). Lame on top of lame.

I have to say, I actually liked the 2nd one, though. I liked the idea of a 2nd Robocop, all the failures, the fact that it took a certain driven personality type to have the will to survive, etc.

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, I quite liked the second movie. Not as good as #1, not at all, but I still found it entertaining and most of the original cast were involved.

Robocop 3, liked it at the time, now it doesn't do anything for me to be honest. Kinda tapped itself out.

Robocop 1 though - awesome.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    What I am most amazed by is both films in this post
    are really dealing with the works of Frank Miller

There would be no Batman dark knight if he didnt
    do the comic books in such a bleak manner

and robocop2 was totally a worthless sequel because

"Miller's original script, deemed "unfilmable" by producers, was later turned into a nine-part comic book series called Frank Miller's RoboCop."

If they are not going to get a writer who isnt
    afraid to push things then dont bother.

they are even talking about a death wish movie?

without Charles Bronson?

No more robocop, no more death wish
    and keep batman as the hero/vigilante/just barely sane
    charecter we know.
    Thats what separates superman from batman
    batman says stop, and if you dont he just snaps your arm.
    superman would handle you much less violently.
    THATS the Dark Knight, not the color of his uniform.

I used to have those comics...they were amazing.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A Robocop remake directed by Darren Aronofsky? Interesting, to say the least.

On one hand I want to say "AWESOME!!!", but on the other I'm not too sure about it. It's just a rumor at this stage, anyway. Word is that Aronofsky is "in talks" with the studio about handling the film.

http://joblo.com/aronofsky-on-robocop

Take it with a grain of salt, of course. But it's still cool to think about....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Bassman - "Tales from the Clerks" is a collection of the comics/graphic novels of the Askewniverse (Kevin Smith). It's got the Clerks 2 prequel story, the Clerks comics, Chasing Dogma, and the Bluntman & Chronic comics too as well as a bunch of artwork that was used in the likes of Mallrats. Good read for Smith/comic fans.

Got the chasing dogma set ,all boarded, bagged and mint condition in first printings.

*comic book nerd mode off*

-OH WHO AMI KIDDING?!?, COMIC BOOK NERD MODE ON PERMANENTLY!

England
    I always felt like I was watching a live action comic when viewing robocop and starship troopers....if they keep that "feel" and don't take themselves too seriously, the new robocop movie will be worth watching.

"you're gonna be a bad motherf*cker!"
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    The original Robocop is all we need thank you, move along ... ... move along.