Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: whats your latest 360 achievement

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dommm View Post
    a few points on golden axe....

Damn why do I rememeber this game being better??
    Alas, I remembered much the same thing. It was then I realized that Golden Axe II: Revenge of Death Adder was 10x better than the original. They need that game on XBLA as soon as possible.

Super Moderator

UK
    Another couple on BioShock, hacking a couple of things. Turret and a safe if memory serves.

Played it for over 4 hours now, rather spiffing game, VERY atmospheric now.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye bioshock totally deserved all those game of the eyar awards, mostly because portal was short adn galaxy was late but thats beside the point, ive got 2 achievements tog et on bioshock, for one ive missed one bloody single gene tonic somewere around rapture and i cant find it, the others the historian one.

today i spent 4300 ms points on the HIM theme, mr driller, bomberman, n+, rez HD and marble madness, oh and the bring down the sky expansion for mass effect. my latest is getting below par on all the beginner levels on marble madness.

Canada
    portal was dumb.

sorry, but i just didn't like it. Actually, I reallty didn't like most of the orange box except for team fortress 2...

Half life 2 is okay, but the controls are so damn touchy most of the the time.

Super Moderator

UK
    Orange Box rocked ... even if I haven't even looked at TF2.

Portal was proper good, as was Episode 2.

My only gripe with HL games - the motion. As in, when you're walking forward, you stop pressing the key, but Gordon skids on a little further. It feels like he's skidding around on icy shoes or something, pisses me off so it does.

capncnut
    Last achievement was on Gears Of War. Still hadn't finished the game properly due to lack of enthusiasm, I don't see what all the fuss is about personally.

It's alright but it ain't Halo that's for sure.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think gears is an aquired taste, most people dislike the lack of viariety, but i like dhow it was in chapters, it felt like a good 90's sci-fi movie and the art style , especially the arcetechture was great, plus what soundtrack there was was good and i cant wait for the sequel.

Super Moderator

UK
    Didn't get a 90's sci-fi movie vibe from it, but I dig GOW alright. More like 80's action star bravado meets 00's blockbuster bugs with a side order of Saving Private Ryan.

GOW's not for everyone I guess...

United Kingdom
    GoW felt 'old-skool' for some reason, I guess it was the ideas and the formula, they were simple, but still thoroughly good fun.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i just preffered the set pieces to halo 3, like using a spotlight to protect marcus when he is walking across an alleyw ith no lights, lets he be torn apart by kryll.

in fact that whole level was fantastic.

id describe it as having a bit of saving pritvate ryan, a bit starhsip troopers, a bit halo: CE and a lot of arnie movies , the action kind, not the "EETZ NAUGHT AH TOO-MOR!" kind

United States
    After finally completing both Halo 3 and Gears a few times, I have to give the better campaign to Gears. The music, level design, and challenge were all just right. What struck me immediately is how easy Casual mode was, even for new players. Hardcore is where 99% of players should start, and Insane takes tactical gameplay to a new level, especially when playing with a friend. I really hope the sequel has 4-player co-op, I'd about **** myself. Check out this tech demo, it's basically a tease of some new features for Gears 2:

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    all i can say is im WAY more excited about gears 2 than i was for halo 3, and aye 4 player co-op would rock ....well ,yknow.

capncnut
    Sorry, Gears Of War sucks bollocks, mate.

Top cutscenes, mediocre battles, just a shame the player dies every 10 seconds.

Administrator

England
    Im with capn, queers of war is absoltuly awful.. it was the first game i got on the 360 (it came with my console) and ive hated it since, its one of the worse and the most overhyped peices of **** ever.

Never has anything been so overhyped since clive sinclair went home to his wife and said "honey, ive got an invention thats gonna replace the car!" and never have i played such a crappy, tacky lifeless game in my whole life, i would rather sit in a park on a hot sunny day playing with dog turds all afternoon than play GOW for 2 minutes.

And yeah i got some good quotes from my MSN convo with capn regarding this in there.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Im with capn, queers of war is absoltuly awful...
    Handbags at 20 paces LIVE.
    Last edited by capncnut; 05-Apr-2008 at 01:59 PM.