Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: whats your latest 360 achievement

Super Moderator

UK
    RE SC's "forgettable" stories ... I think that's subjective, each to their own opinion of it.

They're complicated...I think there's a kinda cut off time, you begin to forget just from not having played it...like you watch a movie once and then don't see it again for ages, you forget a whole bunch of it. It's got nothing to do with the quality of the story.

An interesting thing with Double Agent, they got rid of most of the cutscene use (there was loads in Chaos Theory if memory serves), in DA it went a bit Half-Life and story stuff would happen in-game.

And there's no ghey exclamation marks bleeping above Sam Fisher's noggin.

Whatever, each to their own...

Just got another 3 totaling 30gp in BioShock.

Got the camera and took at least one photo of a splicer, also that photo was an "A" grade pic, and there was something else related to that as well I think...

Still an awesome game, only played it for 2 hours in the last 4 days though, just too lazy right now, lol...but generally I play for a full hour cos I take a lot of time, just gawping at everything, searching everywhere on the map. Great story, great graphics, great gameplay - you know what, I think that just maybe, BioShock might be great...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 06-Apr-2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    discovered all the remaining rooms in dracula's castle from castlevania : SOTN. (seeker - 35g) i saved just before i beat dracula and made an extra copy of my save, so now i get to go through the entire game again as richter.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive just got to lvl up the sword familiar and beat draclua without getting hit, both are bitches to do.

my last was 125 points today after a 7 hour gameathon on my day of off adn getting to disc 3 of lost oddessy, disc one is very meh, disc two is easy but fun but disc 3 is were it comes into its own and really takes off.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ive just got to lvl up the sword familiar and beat draclua without getting hit, both are bitches to do.
    if you are referring to the "bloodlines" stage, you can access the secret area by busting the wall (the low-hanging one right next to the candle with the cross) and hitting the switch, which will then bring down a staircase. climb this and grab the large heart, exit the room, repeat, until you've got your hearts maxed out. next, go into the room with dracula, and grab the holy water. as soon as dracula appears, use the Y button to cast the "holy rain" spell. 2 hits with this and dracula changes form, then a couple more should take his demon form out. easy achievement.

i tried forever doing it the hard way, i don't think it's possible. just use the holy water special spell, simple.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i tried by just whipping him (du-du-du-du-dudu, whip that whip!) but that almost kept getting me there...bastard vampire fob mother ****er....

Super Moderator

UK
    Another 2 on BioShock. Upgraded a weapon, and beat that dude in the freezer place (the one you have to get 3 pics of a Spider Splicer for).

I'm now in Arcadia, goddamn the level design on this game is superb.

I tell thee, if Ridley Scott were ever to make a videogame-to-movie adaptation, this would be it.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Another 2 on BioShock. Upgraded a weapon, and beat that dude in the freezer place (the one you have to get 3 pics of a Spider Splicer for).

I'm now in Arcadia, goddamn the level design on this game is superb.

I tell thee, if Ridley Scott were ever to make a videogame-to-movie adaptation, this would be it.
    Scott would be cool, but while playing Bioshock I've always thought of Peter Jackson or Quillermo Del Toro for some reason....

Canada
    Call of duty 4 multiplayer isn't as good as halo 3..it is no where near as fun.

And i never contradicted myself- I said teh game has flaws, every video game has flaws, and anyone who thinks that a game is perfect is a tard. The A button allows the person to grab cover, hug walls, any context sensitive action basically, and yes, it is indeed a hassle that it is used to much, but it's not "OMFG THE GAME IS TEH SUXS BCUZ I HAF TA USE A BUTTON (". It's a worst a minor annoyance, and it works 99% of the time.

I don't see how me pointing out the games flaws causes it to suddenly not rank in the top 1000 360 games, If that where the case then Call of duty 4 should be there also due to the martydom perk, and the length of the single player.

People like the game Andy. It is presented well, plays well, looks nice, and is fun and challenging.

at any rate, you and capn don't like it, and thats fine, but give it anouther shot sometime, and play through the majority of the game.

Super Moderator

UK
    I guess I'm thinking Scott for two reasons:

1) He seems really obsessed about creating a sense of whatever the world he's filming in is.
    2) I got the Blade Runner 5-discer t'other day, so I've been all Blade Runner/Ridley Scott in the noggin recently.

With BioShock though, it's the setting which stands proudest of all, and it's incredibly visual ... right up Ridder's street if he so wished.

Super Moderator

UK
    Another couple on BioShock, one was hacking a camera, the other was something I've forgotten ... Inventing something I think, aye. 15gp total from those I think.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Scott would be cool, but while playing Bioshock I've always thought of Peter Jackson or Quillermo Del Toro for some reason....
    ****.yes. guilliermo del toros one of the most underrated filmmakers of today and i reckon hed easily do rapture justice on film.

United States
    I bought Ikaruga last night from Live Arcade, and it's a shooter fan's wet dream. I imported the Japanese version for Dreamcast a few years back, and its great to play through it again with HD visuals and achievements. Be warned though, it's also one of the most challenging games I've ever played. I barely beat the second boss before losing all my lives within 30 seconds of the third level. You can save your replays too, which is a feature I'm glad to see is making its way in to more and more games. I got this achievement on the first level, it's actually easier than it sounds:

Dot Eater:

"Clear a certain chapter in any mode without shooting at all"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Another couple on BioShock, one was hacking a camera, the other was something I've forgotten ... Inventing something I think, aye. 15gp total from those I think.
    somewere on the bioshock site the soundtracks a free download man, well worth checking out.

United States
    been killing time with dead rising lately. did all the case missions the other day then forgot to go back and see isabella, so i didn't get the A ending. working on that now. anywho, here's the latest:

outdoorsman
    stunt rider
    humanist
    life-saver
    hella copter
    legendary soldier
    snuff shot j
    level max (50, aw yeah)
    punisher

Super Moderator

UK
    Nice one Prof.

Hellsing - aye I'll check that out.

Also, another on BioShock - restored the Arcadia forest.

Am now heading towards Ryan, that pesky so-and-so.

Additional:

Found the soundtrack after a fair bit of searching, downloaded it, will listen later. For anyone wanting in on it, it's available from 2k's website via this direct link:

http://downloads.2kgames.com/bioshoc...hock_Score.zip

Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Apr-2008 at 11:40 AM.