Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 50 reasons why Return of the Living Dead sucks

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Well, 50 reasons for why ROTLD sucks is probably nothing agains the 1,000 of reasons why it rules.

Canada
    The zombies remind me of Paris Hilton. Has anyone else gotten that vibe from the film or is it just me.

and for some reason my keyboard is starting to type french...sh-it.

É"'"ÉÈÈÈèèèèÈÈ^^^¨¨çÇ^^çÇÀà\//\

wtfÉ

Super Moderator

UK
    Paris Hilton? Nope...

Maybe you pressed ALT or CTRL and something, I duno...that usually wigs something out by accident.

I remember watching this movie and my sister came in to use the computer and she just looked absolutely disdainfully at the movie and asked "what on earth is this absolute sh*t?"

I haven't seen it in a long time, maybe my next viewing I won't be as kind on it, who knows...at least it's intentionally silly, in my estimation anyway...and despite my liking (I neither love it nor loathe it) of the movie, Bassman's list still gave me a chuckle and I respect his opinion.

Canada
    nude goth chick in graveyard.

reason enough to watch the movie.

Oh, and i dunno what it is, i didnèt any buttons or anything that say Èspeak frenchÈ

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    You're my new hero.

I always thought this movie sucked. "It's a comedy!" So what? A lot of other comedies suck, too.

I knew I couldn't be alone.....

Down with Return!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Down with Return!
    Aren't you like 20+ years too late?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Aren't you like 20+ years too late?
    It's never too late.

Undisclosed
    i loved Return untill my ex burned me out on it. "congrats honey you memorized it." i knew it word for word already, now i hear it in my sleep

it might be ten years before i can watch it again

United States
    Return rules; great horror comedy. Awesome characters, over the top deliveries.

The list is NO GOOD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Ohhhh, this thread.

It just popped up in the current activity section, so I thought I’d give an update seeing as it’s now been over a decade. I’ve come around to enjoy the film for what it is. It’s just cheesy eighties B-movie fun.

So I can admit I was wrong! To an extent, anyway. I like the movie now and own the spectacular Scream Factory blu ray, which gets a spin on fairly regular occasions. Some of this thread is still pretty funny though, even if I have matured a bit and not quite as hard on films.
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Mar-2019 at 08:37 PM. Reason: .

United States
    I love ROTLD so much lol.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Bassman gives in
    89a.jpg
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    Bassman gives in
    89a.jpg

I’ve noticed I’ve been tending to lighten up on movies as I get older. I try to find enjoyment in everything I watch because why sit and be overly negative for ninety minutes, ya know? Return is fun little flick, I was unfairly comparing it to Romero’s more serious efforts rather than enjoying it for what it is.

That doesn’t mean it doesn’t have it’s fair share of faults, though. The key is to enjoy those faults too. My love of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and bad movies probably has a hand in helping me enjoy them, as well.

Speaking of....they’ve said they’re trying to include Dawn in the next season of MST3K! I’ve wanted to see Dawn on that show for years and years. If they’re able to get the rights, it should make for a great episode!
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Apr-2019 at 07:04 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Speaking of....they’ve said they’re trying to include Dawn in the next season of MST3K! I’ve wanted to see Dawn on that show for years and years. If they’re able to get the rights, it should make for a great episode!
    Hmmm ... will that really work, though? Dawn is a legitimately great movie and is an all-time classic of the genre.

Mind you, apparently Rubenstein splashed wads of cash on that pointless 3D version that barely anyone's seen, so who knows. Hell freezed over and we've got the new Blu-Ray edition on its way, after all.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 05-Apr-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hmmm ... will that really work, though? Dawn is a legitimately great movie and is an all-time classic of the genre.
    Oh yeah, it could work phenomenally well! We all love Dawn, but there are tons of things in there that fun could be had with. Besides, MST3K has done versions of movies that are quite liked throughout the years. They recently did the pilot to Stranger Things and they used to do oscars episodes, for example. It doesn’t necessarily mean the subject film can’t be loved and enjoyed

Dawn is one that’s always screamed for the treatment. I actually had a MST3K/Dawn signature image for years because I’ve always known it was a perfect match. The current lead of the show, Jonah Ray, said it’s one of his top five favorite movies of all time, yet he still wants it on the show because he knows it’s a perfect match.