Thread: 4 year anniversary

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

4 year anniversary

4 years ago today Dawn of the Dead hit theaters. I'm wearing my Dawn of the Dead 04 t-shirt and going to head home and watch the movie later tonight. I know there are some Dawn 04 haters but I did enjoy it and will enjoy it tonight!

capncnut
    <says nothing>

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I saw it twice the first day it was out and four times overall. Don't think I'll be popping it in tonight...I think I've seen it twice a week for the last month on cable!
    There aren't very many remakes out there worth a ****, and while some will knock this until they day they die, I'll always be a fan. Nothing touches the original, but GAR himself has never produced anything as enticing as Dawn04's opening sequence...even if it tailed off after that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^ aye ive said it many times before and i think ill say it many more, and whilst the movie on a whole was a piece of mtv summer money tree trash the opening 15 minutes of carnage was a fantastic piece of cinema, especially the bit were we see her dirving and narrowly miss a car and then almost get pulle dout of the seat by a bus driver. a brilliant bit of zombie movie-age.

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by seanbratton View Post
    4 years ago today Dawn of the Dead hit theaters. I'm wearing my Dawn of the Dead 04 t-shirt and going to head home and watch the movie later tonight. I know there are some Dawn 04 haters but I did enjoy it and will enjoy it tonight!
    Perhaps. Or perhaps you'll realize what a derivitive, shallow and juvenile piece of plop it is.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    It had probably been a year since I had watched Dawn 04 and it was good to catch it last night. As one of the earlier posts had said, it's not the original Dawn, but very good nonetheless.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Disclaimer: I am NOT trying to start another love/hate dawn04 argument...

This thread got me thinking. Do you guys think that in the future this film will have reunions/conventions for it's anniversaries like the original? Of course i'm not comparing it to the original, but scifi/horror films such as this sometimes have these events....think this one will?

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    No. Although I like it, it's not that significant.

Australia
    Wow has it really been 4 years! I would watch it again today if I didn't watch it twice last week..... still the day is young
    zombies
    eat flesh.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Perhaps. Or perhaps you'll realize what a derivitive, shallow and juvenile piece of plop it is.
    3 perfect words to describe dawn04. shallow probably being the most on point of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Disclaimer: I am NOT trying to start another love/hate dawn04 argument...

This thread got me thinking. Do you guys think that in the future this film will have reunions/conventions for it's anniversaries like the original? Of course i'm not comparing it to the original, but scifi/horror films such as this sometimes have these events....think this one will?
    dear hades and zeus i certainly hope not.
    Last edited by Mike70; 21-Mar-2008 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    I like the movie and all. . . but 4th anniversary seems rather arbitrary.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    I still remember watch those first 14 (??) minutes on TV as a special advert for the film before its release... Shame those were the best minute of the film
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I still remember watch those first 14 (??) minutes on TV as a special advert for the film before its release... Shame those were the best minute of the film
    Which is probably why shamefully they put them on TV and online... I wonder what the box office would have been like had they not?
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Undisclosed
    Its a good question and it is hard to say. I am sure it will sort of hold a place at horror cons and such as it is a zombie movie and I think a decent one, but it will not hold the icon status of the original among such groups I think. Perhaps in the future in will, when the generation that thinks it is good and the original sucks takes over things, but I just doubt it. It lacks the substance and the feel overall.

Not sure about everyone else's experiences with some of these films, but the first time I saw Night or Dawn I could, and can, still talk about it for hours. Why this, why that, what would you do, could you imagine this and so on and so forth. I did not do that with the new film at all. Not saying that matters but it did not really have the realism, such bland characters, the original did.