Thread: Current Status on Trapped (Zombthology Version)

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Current Status on Trapped (Zombthology Version)

Hey everyone,

I thought I would give you all a big heads up on whats happening with Trapped, my newest zombie flick, which will be a part of the feature film project... ZOMBthology.

March 14th and 15th we went back to the Hagerstown 10 Cineplex and shot the remaining interiors and began finishing the exteriors. Because the weather was not very cooperative we will be returning to film more of the films exteriors in the next 30-45 days. March in Maryland is not very cooperative... in 2006 we had 80 degree weather and we shooting the demise of the people seeking shelter in Deadlands, here in 2008 we were freezing our asses off, trying to keep things going so we could finish up.

The nice part is, I began cutting together the footage we have shot so far and everytime I sit down to cut things together I sit back and says thanks 100 times for the crew I have had on this project. From the DP, to the Producers, to the Actors, and Make-Up artists these guys have pulled together to make something I think zombie fans will really enjoy.

When I found out Trapped was going to be the first film played in Zombthology I said "well, I better cut this together so it starts things off with a bang." So I began tightening up many aspects of the story in editing. This project has been so much fun, and those of you who are fans of DEMONs and RETURN of the LIVING DEAD will have a huge treat when you catch Trapped.

Last night I was editing together the first zombie attack and I sent it off to the ZOMBthology producers and one of the old producers from my first film Deadlands: The Rising. The ZOMB producers were loving everybit of the action and gore... however, it was Brian Wright, from Deadlands who called me up and said... "Jesus Christ dude... are you going to give the audience time to breathe and relax?" He was referring to how intense the scene was cut together. He further added, he couldn't believe how big the film felt knowing how small the budget really is, but he mostly noted the references to ROTLD1, which is one of my favorite films.

So, at this point I am about 60 days from complete picture lock on the short version of Trapped, I will then send it to the ZOMBthology folks to have cut into that film and then work begins cutting together the Trapped, extended directors cut.

I will keep you all posted and updated as thing progress.

Dj.

P.s. if you liked Deadlands, you are going to LOVE Trapped.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Well I certainly look forward to checking it out, Sir.

I expect I'll dig it, as I dug Deadlands, so that's all gravy.

I've liked all the clips you've pimped out thus far, and as I've said before, I really like the way it cuts together and the way the film was shot...as a big fan of 24, it has that vibe to it, that sense of immediacy when it's suitable for the scene.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    HEY HEY HEY... NEW UPDATE!

The clock is counting down zombie fans. We have only 3, thats right 3 more weekends of PRINCIPAL PHOTOGRAPHY to go and then the massive job of editing over 35 hours of footage into 75-90 minutes of zombie mayhem becomes my sole task for the next 6 months.

Our Bar Scenes and the car crash scenes occur this weekend... Then it is on too the last two major zombie sequences left in the film.

Lou Cipherr and I are hard at work on the score, and Trapped will contain some commercial songs as well.

I am in negotiations with 3 major labels for songs for the film. Songs of the songs I am after are from artists such as...

Night Ranger
    Blondie
    Epica
    and a Special 80's Alternative Band (Saving this announcement as the song will get a great laugh in the movie when everyone hears it.)
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Awesome news as always, sweeeeeeet.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    UPDATE on ZOMBthology version of Trapped. Originally Trapped was to be a short film that would be coupled with 3 other films as part of a Zombie anthology film, however I felt Trapped needed to be a much larger story, so the film then became a feature and was going to be trimmed to be a short for Zombthology and get a separate release as an extended cut... well the zombthology projects are nearly complete and trying to keep 4 films plus the wrap around story which stars Tiffany Shepis under 2 hours has been almost impossible, so now Trapped will be merely an extended trailer in Zombthology and strictly be released as a feature film.

Zombthology stars Tiffany Shepis, Jim Jackman, Jim Krut, Monique Dupree, and more. Keep an eye out for zombthology this fall.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!