Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 'The Happening' - oh dear!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Nobody is saying that you can't like Signs, though that doesn't change the fact that it's a ridiculous movie. Anyone familiar with Living Dead cinema should recognize a poor siege film when they see it.
    The "poor" siege scene in Signs was better than in most zombie films I've seen, to be honest.

Ridiculous or not, Signs had something many films lack. Suspense! It was a great film. Especially the first time around. Saw it in the Theathers. Great film.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i agree with ned, i for one found signs scarier than the 6th sense, or even night of the living dead for that manner, the booming music when it just walks past the camera was chilling.

did NOT need cgi for the aliens though, only the camo bits and the finger cut of bit, otherwise a guy in a suit would have done.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i agree with ned, i for one found signs scarier than the 6th sense, or even night of the living dead for that manner, the booming music when it just walks past the camera was chilling.

did NOT need cgi for the aliens though, only the camo bits and the finger cut of bit, otherwise a guy in a suit would have done.
    I concur! And Gibson and Phoenix were plain excellent in their roles!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I concur! And Gibson and Phoenix were plain excellent in their roles!
    Praise the lord! Say it!

Super Moderator

UK
    Signs was good ... until the aliens were discovered to be killed by water ... yes, invade a planet that's 70% water ... doi.

That ruined the whole flick for me pretty much, that was so f*cking stupid beyond belief.

Aside from that, it was a pretty good flick, aside also from Shyamalan's cameo, which just set my eyes rolling.

Sixth Sense was alright, I appreciate it for what it was at the time, but I didn't think that much of it to be honest, I preferred Unbreakable to SS, but even that was a bit "hmmm..."

The Village was garbage and I never even bothered to see Lady in the Water ... I might see The Happening (certainly NOT in the cinema) just to see how sh*t it is.

Reminds me of a Robot Chicken skit with M. Night in it and it was just a series of story premises and then a twist would happen and Shyamalan would pop up and go "what a twist!" ... sums it up for me really, lol.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Signs was good ... until the aliens were discovered to be killed by water ... yes, invade a planet that's 70% water ... doi.

That ruined the whole flick for me pretty much, that was so f*cking stupid beyond belief.
    Whoever wrote the book the kid had must have been a prophet, thats what got me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    maybe they had no other alternative?

-im just back from seeing the happening, WHAT A PILE OF WANK!.

the main character is allready married to .whom i will name "the **** kirsten duntz" ,yet shes the "love interest". we know what it is right off the bat, and its just walking with a few notable deaths throughout.
    there were some cameos, like the guy who played dante in clerks, and the cmaerawork was really nice, the plot adn acting however was completely appailing, i laughed all the way through.

EPIC, EPIC FAIL!

Super Moderator

UK
    haha, you paid to see it, youfail.org on you too.

Super Moderator

United States

EPIC, EPIC FAIL!
    Noted! Now I don't have to waste money. Thanks for taking one for the team, Hellsing!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Canada
    the movie was GREAT!!!!! til the ending

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    the movie was GREAT!!!!! til the ending
    Worth watching though?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Worth watching though?

very much so.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    are you kidding dude?, i mean to each his own but aside from jhon luquizimo (who played luigi in the mario bros. movie) and the protagonist all the characters were expendable and forgetful.
    The old crazy lady was unneeded, the army officer actually seemed mentally disabled and the female leads role was as bad as a made for the sci fi channel movie tarring dean kain!?!
    its easily his worst movie, theres no suspense, everything gets spelt out and the "twist" seems more like an opening for a cheap more of the same sequel.

I ACTUALLY THINK PROM NIGHT IS A BETTER MOVIE THAN THIS!

Super Moderator

UK
    Remake or original? The original was decent, but all I've read about the remake is it's just a massive gash pile.

Dying

Undisclosed
    are you kidding dude?, i mean to each his own but aside from jhon luquizimo (who played luigi in the mario bros. movie) and the protagonist all the characters were expendable and forgetful.
    The old crazy lady was unneeded, the army officer actually seemed mentally disabled and the female leads role was as bad as a made for the sci fi channel movie tarring dean kain!?!
    its easily his worst movie, theres no suspense, everything gets spelt out and the "twist" seems more like an opening for a cheap more of the same sequel.

Would you say it was entertaining in a "so bad it was good" sort of way?