Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 'The Happening' - oh dear!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    are you quoting slither?

Independence Day

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Did anyone that has seen the movie get the idea that M. Night was aiming for a B-movie? Or is this just some crap he's pulling after he realized that the movie sucked?
    its exactly what he wanted. 60's movies did that a lot. no villain. just played on your senses

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    its exactly what he wanted. 60's movies did that a lot. no villain. just played on your senses
    I am glad you brought up the 60's ace...I guess since I was a little kid during that period of time I can appreciate these types of movies more, not to put anyone down here. My point is back in the day ,well, we had to use our imaginations a lot more than you do now. Everything is either cgi or have great makeup. Back then it was left up to your imaginations what happened cause the camera's cut away a lot. Which could be in itself real freaky left to what you thought would happen in a film. Anyway, I liked "Signs", "The Village" was ok, and I do like "The Happening". "The Happening" was nature turning against man it was interesting. It wasn't the wind but what was in the wind that was making people do it(trying not to spoil).
    I think this movie is at the least worth a watch. imo!

United States
    saw this with the gf over the weekend...while it had some redeemeing qualities, i didn't dig the part where they were running from the wind...kinda like the scene in the day after tomorrow where they are being chased by cold air.

overall, 6/10.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    I am glad you brought up the 60's ace...I guess since I was a little kid during that period of time I can appreciate these types of movies more, not to put anyone down here. My point is back in the day ,well, we had to use our imaginations a lot more than you do now. Everything is either cgi or have great makeup. Back then it was left up to your imaginations what happened cause the camera's cut away a lot. Which could be in itself real freaky left to what you thought would happen in a film. Anyway, I liked "Signs", "The Village" was ok, and I do like "The Happening". "The Happening" was nature turning against man it was interesting. It wasn't the wind but what was in the wind that was making people do it(trying not to spoil).
    I think this movie is at the least worth a watch. imo!
    Very interesting posts from Ace and Debbie. This last one makes me reconsider some things I've heard about the film, so far. It's now been upgraded back to a viewable rental film.

This movie has bounced all up and down on my expectation-o-meter.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Let me get one thing straight. I did not pay to see this movie. If I had, I might not have enjoyed it quite so much. The slightly grainy quality of the version I watched helped to lend creedence to the B movie style. I do have to say this, the end. . . sucked. Stupid. Made me mad.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    if it didn't have the little bit in france i probably would have seen it more favorably.

United States
    oooh gee the ending had me to be nice..spitting mad! It was like oooooh c'mon! Not gonna say another word or it will be huge spoiler but, ya, the ending left me down.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    Not gonna say another word or it will be huge spoiler

you mean like "bicycle" ?