Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: [REC] - Spanish zombie film

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Dubbing sucks major. Dubbing can really ruin a film for me. And don't give me the "I don't like to read films" arguments. It takes the eye and mind less than a milisecond to read what's said on screen. It detracts nothing, except if you're to lazy to even do that.

Dubbing should be banned. It's film violation. You're violating the directors vision by replacing the soundtrack. I find that dubbing is for the MTV crowd.

And I'll be sure to get ahold of Rec. With subtitles, of course. If it's dubbed, I won't even bother.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    not dubbed, subtitled is all

Undisclosed
    Damn, I forgot all about this thread. Thanks for the info. I want to see this movie, bad.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Saw it last night. One of the best zombiefilms I've ever seen.

United States

rec - Spanish Zombie Film

This was posted over at dvxuser

This zombie film is about a television reporter and a cameraman who join up with a fire department to film their night. It is filmed like Blair Witch and is very shaky and blurry at times.

http://posters.imdb.com/title/tt1038988/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqsOaV7NUVM

They are planning a North American remake called Quarantine starring Jennifer Carpenter (The Exorcism of Emily Rose), which should be out this Halloween.

http://posters.imdb.com/title/tt1082868/

I'm going to watch tonight and will report back :P
    Last edited by Mutineer; 14-Apr-2008 at 11:57 PM.

Undisclosed
    Psst! Look here...

United States
    Oops

Sorry guys. I searched for 'rec' but the Search punkd me.

Administrator

England
    Can someone explain the ending to me please?

*** BEWARE FOLKS WHO HAVEN'T SEEN IF FOR THE SPOILERS!!!! ***
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Can someone explain the ending to me please?
    Here you go...

I think it was 'Blessed are the cheesemakers.'

Administrator

England
    Come on, someone help me out!

So someone was up in the penthouse working on something to do with possessed children? Huh? And the boy up in the attic?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Here you go Neil, here's my take on the ending:

It seems that the dude who owns the penthouse - which has been locked for months or years apparently - did indeed go to track down the source of this infection or something, I think to snuff out the infection completely, but didn't know how to do it spiritually or whatever - as he clearly believed it to be - so he locks that manky thing in his attic ... with one lame chain, lol ... so that's what I thought it was about.

The dude has this penthouse, but after all that business with this possessed kid out there in the world - whom he tracked down and kidnapped so he could lock it away in his penthouse attic - and then he fled and left it sealed up.

I might have to rewatch the ending, but that was basically it. So I think that beasty in the attic is the source of the infection, because it was that kid's dog that got sick - so presumably the dog came in contact with that manky monster kid somehow, not entirely sure...

That better?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Here you go Neil, here's my take on the ending:

It seems that the dude who owns the penthouse - which has been locked for months or years apparently - did indeed go to track down the source of this infection or something, I think to snuff out the infection completely, but didn't know how to do it spiritually or whatever - as he clearly believed it to be - so he locks that manky thing in his attic ... with one lame chain, lol ... so that's what I thought it was about.

The dude has this penthouse, but after all that business with this possessed kid out there in the world - whom he tracked down and kidnapped so he could lock it away in his penthouse attic - and then he fled and left it sealed up.

I might have to rewatch the ending, but that was basically it. So I think that beasty in the attic is the source of the infection, because it was that kid's dog that got sick - so presumably the dog came in contact with that manky monster kid somehow, not entirely sure...

That better?
    All a bit unclear really isn't it...

Sort of implied that possession was actually this infection and not supernatural, and he'd been messing around with it and also kidnapped the possessed girl, who we saw at the very end. Who the child was up in the loft, how the dog got ill, why the little girl didn't 'change' until question marks were finally asked about her, is all a messy mystery Shame it wasn't clearer!
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Unclear or not, when that movie got going it was a white knuckle terror ride!

I just watched the Spanish version with English subs, I was very, very impressed, to keep all the action in one location and keep the horror factor at warp ten is a cracking feat IMO.

Excellent movie. I will definitely get the DVD when it is released.

(I wonder just how badly hollywood will f**k this up, I bet there is more than one gun in it for a start).
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Dubbing sucks major. Dubbing can really ruin a film for me. And don't give me the "I don't like to read films" arguments. It takes the eye and mind less than a milisecond to read what's said on screen. It detracts nothing, except if you're to lazy to even do that.

Dubbing should be banned. It's film violation. You're violating the directors vision by replacing the soundtrack. I find that dubbing is for the MTV crowd.

And I'll be sure to get ahold of Rec. With subtitles, of course. If it's dubbed, I won't even bother.
    i could not agree enough with that.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Unclear or not, when that movie got going it was a white knuckle terror ride!

I just watched the Spanish version with English subs, I was very, very impressed, to keep all the action in one location and keep the horror factor at warp ten is a cracking feat IMO.

Excellent movie. I will definitely get the DVD when it is released.

(I wonder just how badly hollywood will f**k this up, I bet there is more than one gun in it for a start).
    The acting was generally excellent... And the truly amazing thing was of course - as it was all done from one camera - there were many single long takes/shots. Impressive!

Still hoping someone can explain the ending to me though
    -Carl Sagan