Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Is anyone else underwhelmed by Diary?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    There's a cam version of this doing the rounds. Please if you haven't seen it. Do NOT download it. Its cropped to shi t and gives a false impression of how the movie looks. You will regret it.
    yeah i've seen that. it is a piece of dog crap for sure. i wanted to see the movie again (it's moved on from near me) so i checked this out and it blows donkey dongs. the whole right side of the movie is cutoff. it's trash.

if you can't get to see them movie in your area wait for the DVD. may isn't that far off. this is not the way to see diary.

even i have some morals about downloading. i plan on buying the DVD when it comes out.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    There's a cam version of this doing the rounds. Please if you haven't seen it. Do NOT download it.
    The one I downloaded a couple of months ago was nigh on DVD quality.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Clearly you've never had a job where you had to deal with angry people.
    LOL what does that have to do with "facts"? Being angry doesn't change facts.

Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    well gee, neither could dillinger. i seriously doubt that this guy saw day in a theater when it came out. he just turned 32, which means that he would've been 9 years old when the movie was released.

anyway, seeing a movie in a theater during its initial release has no bearing on how valid your opinion about it is. that is a non-sequitur fallacy. there are plenty of teenagers out there (and some on this board) that have seen these movies many, many times on dvd.

on another note khardis:

i am really sorry that somewhere in your life you were taught that just because you think you are right it is ok to act like a dick. it is unfortunate that whoever it was that taught you to act the way you do on here, choose that sort of behavior for you to model.

further, i think talking about "facts" in relation to something as subjective as film media is ridiculous anyway. film (like books and music) are entirely matters of taste and each individual gets to choose/pick what they llike or dislike based on their own subjective criteria.
    He couldn't possibly see horror movies at age 9 in the movie theater? You serious? I was watching horror movies in Theaters with my pop long before I was 9. And being old enough to have gone through Romeros work 1st hand from a younger age into adulthood does make you more qualified to judge his work IMO than someone who was born say in 1986 and who's only experience in the zombie genre was Dawn 04 or Resident Evil.

And the "facts" he was referring to wasn't wether or not the film was good, but rather, a 19 year old couldn't grasp what it was like to enjoy Romero films on the big screen in their hayday. Its a fact that a 19 year old couldn't... sorry.

I don't know where you get off acting like you're some sort of intelligent bloke with something valid to say, generally I at least TRY to remain focused on sticking to the topic at hand as opposed to going personal right away (something you love) But in this instance I will break my own rule. I think that you think you're clever and open your trap to spew loads of venomous bile because your parents didn't beat you enough as a child. Thus giving you a false sense of "I'M SO SMART LOL!!!" Ah well, takes all kinds to make the world the suckhole it is right?
    Last edited by Khardis; 01-Apr-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    He couldn't possibly see horror movies at age 9 in the movie theater? You serious? I was watching horror movies in Theaters with my pop long before I was 9.
    Except that Day of the Dead wasn't rated 'R', it was no one under 17 admitted. Theaters actually used to enforce restrictions back in the 70s and 80s. I was kicked out of Dawn twice, though not for want of trying.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post

I don't know where you get off acting like you're some sort of intelligent bloke with something valid to say, generally I at least TRY to remain focused on sticking to the topic at hand as opposed to going personal right away (something you love) But in this instance I will break my own rule. I think that you think you're clever and open your trap to spew loads of venomous bile because your parents didn't beat you enough as a child. Thus giving you a false sense of "I'M SO SMART LOL!!!" Ah well, takes all kinds to make the world the suckhole it is right?
    at least i am smart enough not act like a rude cretin at every opportunity. something you seem to love to do. if you think that i get personal - what do you call the insulting, childish remarks that you love to pollute this place with?

as for venemous bile, i have no idea what you are talking about. the only one spewing venemous bile around here is usually you. i didn't get personal right away with khardis. i only commented on the way you act and the behavior you that must have modeled as a young person because you seem so intent on being a dickhead simply because you think you are right. you were the one that stated other people's feelings don't matter - several times in this thread in fact. not me. i wondered what could've warped you so much to feel like you have the right to treat people in such a manner.
    Last edited by Mike70; 01-Apr-2008 at 11:42 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

Germany
    Enough. Thread closed.

Here is a fact that you'd be better served not disputing: Serially treating other members in a sh!tty manner gets you bounced irrespective of the dubious "facts" being spouted.

Warnings/consequences are due for a number of folks, however.