Thread: Horrorfind?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Horrorfind?

I have seen no mention of how Horrorfind went.
    Was the Dead reunion good, did thry have any Q&A sessions etc?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    I have seen no mention of how Horrorfind went.
    That's because it hasn't happened yet. It starts tomorrow.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Since HF was moved to a new location and held during college spring break, the turn out was low. Last years March convention was a low attender as well, however, the new location leaves a lot to be desired. The fun and party vibe of the Hunt valley marriot no longer exists, and the hotel itself was ill-prepared for the convention in terms of hospitality services.

As far as the re-union, I didn't notice any panels in the program other than the panel for the new Judy O'Dea film, Women's Studies.

Everyone that was a key cast member for Dawn + hero zombies were present, including HK zombie, Heli-Zombie and of course our 4 hero's. George was grinding it out meeting and greeting the fans having gone 4+ hours without a break to meet and greet everyone.

I scored myself two Diary posters, one just regular signed and one addressed to me. I bought a Blu_ray disc of Day and had Joe Pilato sign it, and I sat with Jim Krut (Helicopter Zombie) most of the day as he is in my new film trapped so we chatted with HK zombie and Machete Zombie about Dawn, My film, and stuff they would like to do in the future.

It definitely wasn't an August HF event, but it was still a decent time.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

Germany
    I went Saturday only. DJ is right about the vibe. Not really a party anymore. However, the lines were very managable so I got to meet George and get some things signed without waiting for hours for the privilidge.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Since HF was moved to a new location and held during college spring break, the turn out was low. Last years March convention was a low attender as well, however, the new location leaves a lot to be desired. The fun and party vibe of the Hunt valley marriot no longer exists, and the hotel itself was ill-prepared for the convention in terms of hospitality services.

As far as the re-union, I didn't notice any panels in the program other than the panel for the new Judy O'Dea film, Women's Studies.

Everyone that was a key cast member for Dawn + hero zombies were present, including HK zombie, Heli-Zombie and of course our 4 hero's. George was grinding it out meeting and greeting the fans having gone 4+ hours without a break to meet and greet everyone.

I scored myself two Diary posters, one just regular signed and one addressed to me. I bought a Blu_ray disc of Day and had Joe Pilato sign it, and I sat with Jim Krut (Helicopter Zombie) most of the day as he is in my new film trapped so we chatted with HK zombie and Machete Zombie about Dawn, My film, and stuff they would like to do in the future.

It definitely wasn't an August HF event, but it was still a decent time.
    I tried a couple of times to contact them RE you taking a video device etc... Didn't hear a peep back! Did you brother in the end?

Out of interest, why do you recon George does these things? I suspect he doesn't need the money?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Sounds like they're headed in the same direction Chiller is.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    George is very fan Friendly. George loves the fans, he embraces the fact they are responsible for still being in the biz.

That is how I see it as to why he does those events.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    I don't imagine the cash hurts - he wasn't signing for free. (I don't begrudge him this at all). He's also had big personal changes in his life that probably cost a bit to get through.

Hare krishna zombie (Mike Christopher) posted a ton of pics on his myspace from the weekend.

Undisclosed
    George is very fan Friendly. George loves the fans, he embraces the fact they are responsible for still being in the biz.

That is how I see it as to why he does those events.
    I agree. It's probably nice for him to see how his work is actually appreciated by people. Who knows - after a long shoot and post production maybe it helps recharge his battery/creativity for his next film.

Undisclosed
    I too was at the event on Saturday. It was held about a 20 minute drive from my house, so you can imagine I was quite excited.

I manged to meet the entire cast of DOTD, and got some great photos out of it. I got an autographed photo by George, and had a nice little chat with him about various things, including him being half Cuban!

Out of everyone though, Ken Foree made my day. I had run out of $ at that point, and he appeared to see how big of a fan I was, and in the process, gave me a free autographed picture! What a guy huh?

Overall, the convention was pretty decent, but lacked a lot of interesting things going, so I only went for the day (Saturday). The dealers room was bustling with activity, and had plenty of zombie/Romero merchandise especially. One of the bigger dissapointments came from the late showing of DOTD 78' on the projection screen later that evening. The quality of the screen was horrid, and there were strange translucent lines that slowly ran down the screen. Also, I swear the conventions programmed promised that the extended cut would be shown, even though the theatrical cut was the one that was put on. Oh well, overall, I had a great time, and look forward to the next one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    When they screened the 10 minutes of clips from my film TRAPPED, I noticed those lines, and I informed the projectionist his projector was crapping out on him. Those lines are the sign of a bulb about to go south.

The size of the screen was so-so, but it was nice to at least see an auditorium like venue as opposed to a converted ballroom.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    They showed a decent 16mm print of Night of the Living Dead. Enjoyed that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So those of you whom did go, what kind of swag did you come home with...

I got myself

2 Diary posters, both signed by George. One is going on eBay this weekend.
    1 Day of the Dead Blu-Ray Signed by Joe Pilato
    Some Knicks knacks... Like a Foree Electronics Name Tag with Shaun on it.
    Security Badges for the Umbrella Corp, and Badges made up to resemble Military badges from Day of the Dead.
    A pic with HK Zombie, Heli-Zombie and Machete Zombie
    Pic with Tony Todd
    Pic with Cerina Vincent (Man she is smoking hot)
    I atteneded the Women's Studies Q&A Panel. The movie stars Judy O'Dea
    Caught a screening of All Hallow's Eve
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!