Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Day of the Dead 2" Where did that come from?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    Yeah, i can just picture Bub in a pair of go faster nikey's, leg's going ten to the dozen sprinting through the cave after a bucket of beef treats attached to a remote control skateboard

I wonder what he would have on his walkman this time around ... Slipknot/Trend Metal?
    LOL...

Actually, I would not remake DAY as it is. I would think it needs a re-imagining, like they did with DAWN. However, if Universal did DAY 2007 and Zack helmed it, which he won't. I would like to see two of the boat survivors... preferably Ana and Kenneth, heading back towards the mainland. Maybe reaching a dock and finding another person hiding on a boat. This person is someone who was a part of a military fraction who broke away because its leader is some whacked out of his mind asswipe (Capt. Rhodes).

He tells them they should fear him more than the zombies, and eventually they run into him. Basically let it go from there.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Actually, I would not remake DAY as it is. I would think it needs a re-imagining, like they did with DAWN.

I would like GAR to remake it actually ... and go back to the original script/screenplay we all know and love.

If anyone else other than GAR is planning on re envisioning/remaking DAY, then they should learn from the mistakes of the DAWN remake ... and FIND A NEW TITLE NAME for the movie!!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I still think those of you whom hate the DAWN remake look at it the wrong way. To me it is just another chapter of DAWN of the DEAD.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think Steve Miner will pull off an excellent horror flick. But I don't expect much substance. I kind of like all of Steve Miners films, actually, from a horror point of view.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    I think Steve Miner will pull off an excellent horror flick. But I don't expect much substance. I kind of like all of Steve Miners films, actually, from a horror point of view.
    Even Lake Placid?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    No, not Lake Placid. But I didn't really see that as a horror film anyway.

ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    I still think those of you whom hate the DAWN remake look at it the wrong way. To me it is just another chapter of DAWN of the DEAD.

Well i don't think i ever said that i hated it ... in fact i am pretty sure that i said i liked it

What i did NOT like was the fact that they took the original title name in a blatant attempt at "cashing in on a surefire thing" when infact it was it's own independant movie which was strong enough to stand on it's own two feet and thus fully deserved it's own unique title.

That and those stupid running corpses, which i personally never bought into for one single second.

Undisclosed
    Steve Miner directed good movies! House, Friday The 13th 2 and 3. ( I suppose) Im not one of those guys that likes those ****ty MTV style movies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

What i did NOT like was the fact that they took the original title name in a blatant attempt at "cashing in on a surefire thing" when infact it was it's own independant movie which was strong enough to stand on it's own two feet and thus fully deserved it's own unique title.

Well i don't really look at it as Blatant attempt. Quite simply most people aside from movie buffs and us zombie fans even know the original DAWN of the DEAD. I mean you were in theaters when DAWN 04 came out... mostly kids, lotsa kids MTV generation. They probably thought it was the first one, which I know is a bad thing.

However, the movies are so different you just have to look at it as another chapter in a book called DAWN of the DEAD. As a Romero fan thats how I see it, why can't everyone else?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    If Land is any indication, I don't want GAR anywhere near a Day remake. As for Snyder, he has already to indicated on multiple occasions that any sequel to Dawn '04 that he's involved with will NOT be a retread/remake of Day but rather a continutation set in the same universe as Dawn '04 (albeit likely with different charcters in a differnet locale).

I would like GAR to remake it actually ... and go back to the original script/screenplay we all know and love.

If anyone else other than GAR is planning on re envisioning/remaking DAY, then they should learn from the mistakes of the DAWN remake ... and FIND A NEW TITLE NAME for the movie!!!!

ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by panic
    If Land is any indication, I don't want GAR anywhere near a Day remake. As for Snyder, he has already to indicated on multiple occasions that any sequel to Dawn '04 that he's involved with will NOT be a retread/remake of Day but rather a continutation set in the same universe as Dawn '04 (albeit likely with different charcters in a differnet locale).

Which brings up the embarrasing question of whether or not to release a movie called DAWN OF THE DEAD 2

Way to confuse people!

Undisclosed
    That is SO true.

Which brings up the embarrasing question of whether or not to release a movie called DAWN OF THE DEAD 2

Way to confuse people!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

and contagium.....

...and night 3-d.....

and...... zombie 2....

and you get the idea.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Way to confuse people!
    I don't really see it as embarrassing. DAWN of the DEAD 2... big deal! Although a good name for a DAWN sequel would have been LAND, but Romero already did that.

However, any sequel made to the DAWN remake... If characters are brought back they need to bring only Sarah Polley and Ving Rhames. I would hope they not bring back that annoying kid and girl.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Good thing "Zombi 2" was also known as "Zombie Flesh Eaters". When I got the 25th Anniversary DVD a year or so ago I found out I really liked it after it had gone down in my estimations after I'd first seen it. But Night3D and Contagium can suck my phat beanbag.